People covering Michael Jackson Songs on talent shows

kevin_1990

Proud Member
Would do you think of that seen a many people destroy them lol but when you take on a MJ song its a big thing to take on here's 2 people i thing nailed it

This boy done a great performance the thing is there is lots of people singing this now that's perfected singing this song don't get me wrong of course you need a great voice to pull it off.

Here is another one not seen many people pull Man in the mirror of i think this girl done a great job i actually got some goose bumps she starts of slow as man in the mirror does but when she gets into it she really shines i think MJ would have liked this audition. I really like this one you see the look on the other girls face when she hits the high note cause they know one of them is going home it takes some amount of balls to go out there and take on a song like that!

and how for some people destroying MJ songs lol

This guys all over the place with black or white he cants sing dance and should really learn the words in order

Use have probably see this guy

Use have probably see this guy

Haha I remember cringing so hard at this... the way Simon gives an eyeroll when he babbles on about spreading love and positivity (he sounds so fake) and don't get me started on that meltdown at the end So much negativity in this room it's unreal!! :lol:

I also find it interesting he'd perform in an outfit that MJ didn't perform in. I always separated the outfits MJ wore at award shows from those he performed in because they obviously served different functions. Anyways he came back I think a year later as 'himself' and he flopped again pretty badly.

I don't know how to embed youtube videos but the funniest I have seen is by some Malaysian guy doing Billie Jean

His dancing is perfect, but his singing is terrible and he mashes the lyrics to a point like

"Billie Jing, I squash the sheen, I shave the Mumma like icecream be the one" And halfway through the song
he goes "Heehh Heeeeehhhh" and its hilarious and at the end the judges say he is the worst Michael Jackson
imeprsonator ever. The video is ancient about 2005.

Another one is buy a guy called Corey Johnson, who does lady of my life (Lady in my life). His singing is really bad and he wears a doo rag and has a sock stuffeddown his pants. As much I love talented impersonators, the talentless ones are funny too.

Last edited:
I don't know how to embed youtube videos

When you're writing a post, look at the toolbar of icons right above the textbox. Second from the very right is a film strip. Click that, paste in the YouTube link and there ya go :)

One of my favourite MJ talent show performances is by a young 7 year old boy from Turkey!! Boy can he dance :D

The best cover I've ever seen myself is this:

Rachel Crow - Music And Me.

Last edited:
Could you like mention their names as well? Youtube's banned in my country so I can't play them lol.

Lol I've seen the black or white guy lol - I was thinking you were referring to Adam Lambert's version. Have you seen his cover of Black or White in American Idol s9? It's one of the best covers I've ever seen! His voice is simply amazing!!

Kris Allen also did a wonderful cover of Remember the Time - although I believe his vocal range was too limited to get to the high parts. But it was brilliant nevertheless.

Sorry to hear that. It must be hard being a fan of MJ there when you can not access the music on youtube.

Back