Plagiarism???

It has been confirmed by Quincy Jones that Michael Jackson stole a lot of things musically:

"I hate to get into this publicly, but Michael [Jackson] stole a lot of stuff. He stole a lot of songs … The notes don't lie, man" (Quincy Jones, Vulture Interview)

Rick James also told Jeffré Phillips (former fiancé of La Toya Jackson) that 'Billie Jean' actually copied musical elements from his 'Ghetto Life' song.

It appears that Michael Jackson later also copied musical elements from Rick James ('Leave Me Alone' sounds suspiciously similar to Rick James' 'Forever And A Day' song).
It's usually a "It has been said" outta you. When you spread misinformation you at least sound objective. This "It has been confirmed" outta you is yuppie trash.

Hello people! Recently I heard about the plagiarism that MJ supposely did. When I say this, I mean the song "Billie Jean". Internet says, that Michael copied some elements from songs "Ghetto Life" by Rick James, and "State of Indepedence" by Donna summer, and then put them on Billie Jean. I don't know what to think about it, is this even true? Please help me...
It's called Interpolation, and it is not plagiarism.

Back