Planet Earth Appreciation

Prince Of Pop

Proud Member
After going through Michael's entire discography, I came along this one. What a beautiful track. Just Michael talking a poem he wrote. No music...no singing. I absolutely love this.

I'm fairly confident this poem appears in his Dancing The Dream book. I read it once years ago so I don't remember it that much, but it is on my list of things I'm intending on purchasing one day.

I would hope that somewhere hidden in the vault, is other vocals of him reading his poems. I think this would be an excellent concept for an album release someday. It may not be a commercial success like his music albums, but I think it would be a nice thing to have for the fans....or even a bookworm in general.

:)

Michael Jackson's spoken word poem in "Dancing the Dream" showcases another aspect of his artistic expression. It's a beautiful and introspective piece that resonates with many fans. Exploring his poetry further and potentially releasing a collection of his spoken word works could be a meaningful project for fans and enthusiasts.

The idea of compiling his poetry into an album or releasing a book dedicated to his written works is intriguing. It would provide fans with a deeper understanding of his artistic vision and allow his words to be appreciated in a different format.
Always Remembering Michael Jackson for his diverse talents, including his music, dancing, and poetry

I went to Michael Jackson One in Las Vegas and they had Planet Earth in there after Earth Song played. I really love that poem, Michael truly put his soul in that one. (I mean he puts his soul in everything he makes)

I'm fairly confident this poem appears in his Dancing The Dream book.
It's also in the Dangerous booklet

OS0yODU5LmpwZWc.jpeg

It's printed in both editions right after "Dangerous".

Perhaps PE was considered being the 15th track on the album at some point.
Only way it would have fit is if they chop down some of the long intros and outros of the other songs. Dangerous had a run time of 77 minutes, and a CD holds a max of 80. It would have been extremely close.

Only way it would have fit is if they chop down some of the long intros and outros of the other songs. Dangerous had a run time of 77 minutes, and a CD holds a max of 80. It would have been extremely close.
Apparently, there are ways to get more playtime out of the format.

https://www.discogs.com/release/3132147-Necrony-Poserslaughter-Classics-Remasters

Edit: To expand on this: Older CD-players were limited to 74 minutes, whereas newer ones can take up to 89!

Last edited:
Back