Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Scream

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Blood On The Dancefloor

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Unbreakable

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
I really like Jam. It's so energetic and it makes a great opener. It also worked really well as the opener for the Dangerous tour.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" is very opening worthy in my book.

'startin' somethin' for sure! they had to place 2 ballads after it to recover from its frenzy!

I think all of the opening songs are rip-roaring and absolutely fantastic - but I chose 'Wanna Be Startin' Something' because how can you resist shuffling your feet to this song? I always like to say; you bet I wanna be startin' something', a good time! (y)

That's one way to look at it. The genius about 'startin somethin' is the title can be interpreted as party starter based on the seemingly bright exterior. However ,one doesn't have to delve too far beyond to discover that it spells out trouble, as the confrontational lyrics jump out and grip the listener in such a way, that it *becomes* the song. It was a turning point in his music, and one of his most compelling pieces to date in my opinion.

A tough one but I've to go with Jam. When you hear that glass shatter in the beginning, you know you are in for a special journey.

This was a tough choice. I ended up with "Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough" because everything about it is just perfect. The opener, the percussion, the breakdown in the middle with the electric guitar - just fantastic, really.

This is a toss up between BAD and Jam for me. I honestly don’t think I can choose. It would literally be a flip if a coin.

I’m biased toward “Wanna Be Startin’ Something” if only because the song was about him coming fully into his own as an artist, breaking away from his family’s control and influence and making an identity for himself. It’s catchy too. 😉

Back