moni

Proud Member
Michael Jackson Quote About Social Media?

mj-michael-jackson.gif

Michael Jackson Quote About Social Media?
He made a disapproving comment about children being left alone on the computer. I think it was in the Bashir documentary. That's all that comes to mind here. Children want to be touched. They want to be held, he said.

The 'social media' that exists today (in all countries) has all been funded with taxpayer funds (if you actually look into it) to collect, profile, control and censor the masses. To tag and bag you. Social media existed well before these State-run outfits came on the scene, and it was far more decentralized. They (gov, the powers-that-be) don't want thousands of small groups discussing amongst each other, so they created the tightly-controlled 'antisocial media' we see today, with all the censorship, bots, deplatforming and associated deceptions that goes with it.

I disagree with the other posters here that we didn't have social media when MJ was around. We had lots of ways to communicate with each other socially, without the terrible State control we see today.

I think mj would be doing just this right here if he were on social media

What does that have to do with social media? Social media didn't even exist back then
Probably because people on social media have said similar things?

But yeah, social media as we know it now was just taking off when Michael passed. So I don't think he would have been able to say anything specific about it. However, the quote from Tabloid Junkie ("Just because you read it in a magazine..."), while originally about the press, can very easily apply to social media too.

just because you read it in a tweet, or see it on the insta screen, don't make it factual

Back