relevance of HIS music

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Which of his songs still have relevance today? It could be personal or social/global relevance.
I'll start with HIStory, that has relevance in these times, while the occupied Ukraine fights for liberty.

Every legend tells of conquest and liberty

How many victims must there be
Slaughtered in vain across the land
And how many children must we see
Before we learn to live as brothers
And be one family, oh

I think pretty much all MJ songs are still relevant today.

If we're talking about movement, surely the BLM protests a few years ago where they don't really care about us became a bit of an anthem makes it seem very relevant.

Yes. We have to stay on topic. And, answering to @Hot_Street question, I would like to say, that Tabloid Junkie is very relevant nowadays, because of war and mass-media, who like to make lies about people

Michael's songs are timeless. Most of them are still relevant. Agree with Tabloid Junkie, especially now with all the social media, 24-hr "news" and people constantly scrolling news, more and more gossip is thrown around.

Earth Song is relevant because of the man-made climate change and exploiting nature:
What about nature's worth?
It's our planet's womb
What about crying whales?
We're ravaging the seas
What about forest trails?
burnt despite our pleas

Earth Song is relevant because of the man-made climate change and exploiting nature:
What about nature's worth?
It's our planet's womb
What about crying whales?
We're ravaging the seas
What about forest trails?
burnt despite our pleas
I like this line from Cry song:
"People laugh when they're feeling sad"
In my opinion, it perfectly describes one of the biggest problems of modern society - smartphone addiction- when people spend a lot of time in tiktok, youtube and other social media, scrolling through infinite pages, seeking for entertainment, but deep inside, they feel sad... They watch videos, thinking that it will help them to reach their dream or make them smarter... They watch videos, laughing like it gives them good mood. But in the end it's just addiction, that ruines their live....
So, Cry is very relevant from a few perspectives

Which of his songs still have relevance today?
For me it's any song that still holds my interest, lyrically or musically. Any song that dates well. A song that never loses its shine. Anything inspired and not boring.

I think that the masses have been deliberately dumbed down, so only a very few will make something of their lives based on the inspiration they get from popular (or unpopular) music. But it's always been like this. Michael, sorry to say, was politically clueless. But I don't expect someonoe who has been so busy 'doing his thing' to be clued-in in all areas. He fit in several average lifetimes in the one life. So anyway, I don't like to associate his songs with any world events.

Back