Resurrection Album Rumor Origin

oh good old times!!! how i miss it... i remember that the wannabe-official websites mijac.net (ran by a guy called Stefan) and mjstar.com often had half-true news about MJ.
good thing about that site was its download section. I remember the snippets of the thriller demos were in much higher quality than the full versions that were available at that time.

good thing about that site was its download section. I remember the snippets of the thriller demos were in much higher quality than the full versions that were available at that time.
How was the quality like? I never heard the shit quality versions

How was the quality like? I never heard the shit quality versions
all snippets were medium quality lossy real-audio files, but it was obvious that they were sourced from non-distorted and non-noisy material. To this day, most of those snippets have never leaked in their entirety in true cdq.

edit, to avoid misunderstandings:

Stefan, who ran mijac, wasn't the guy who had the Thriller tapes in his possesion. If memory serves correct, the snippets came from a french collector.

Last edited:
They still could make this album happen:
List of tracks that were apparently considered to be released on the album:
  • "11 P.M." - Recorded in 2009.
  • "Breathe" - Written and instrumental track recorded in 2009, but vocals never recorded. Demo version was titled "River Ripple".
  • "Butter Funk" - Written in 2009.
  • "Color of My Soul" (with Whitney Houston) - Recorded in 1992, Rerecorded in 2006.
  • "Crush" (with Drake Bell) - Written in 2003.
  • "Coco Butter"
  • "D.I.E."
  • "Days in Gloucestershire" - Recorded in 2004.
  • "Dead or Alive" - Recorded in 2004.
  • "Ekam Satyam (The One Truth)" (with A.R. Rahman) - Recorded in 1999, but reworked in 2003 during production.
  • "From the Bottom of My Heart" - Written and recorded in 2005 as a Hurricane Katrina charity single.
  • "H2O" - Written around 2008-2009. Partially completed at the time of his death.
  • "He Who Makes the Sky Grey" - Written and recorded in 2005.
  • "Higher Ground" - A cover of the Stevie Wonder song of the same name, recorded in 2003.
  • "Hollywood" - Recorded in 2000, but reworked in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
  • "I Am a Loser" - Written and recorded in January 2003.
  • "I Don't Live Here Anymore" - Written in 2001 and recorded in 2002.
  • "I Have This Dream" - Original version of "From the Bottom of My Heart".
  • "I Was the Loser" - Rewritten version of "I Am a Loser".
  • "I Have This Love of Me" - Written between 2002 and 2009.
  • "I'm Still the King" - Recorded in 2006.
  • "Let Him Burn" - Recorded in 2006.
  • "Maybe We Can Do It" (with Sean Combs) - Recorded in 2001.
  • "Resurrection" - Recorded in 2003.
  • "Satisfy" (with Mariah Carey) - Recorded in 2002 for Carey's album Charmbracelet.
  • "Seven Digits"
  • "Silent Spring"
  • "That Kind of Lover"
  • "The Future"
  • "The Gloved One"
  • "The Pain"
  • "Walk Away" - Recorded in 2009.
  • "You Are So Beautiful"
  • "You Were There"

all snippets were medium quality lossy real-audio files, but it was obvious that they were sourced from non-distorted and non-noisy material. To this day, most of those snippets have never leaked in their entirety in true cdq.

edit, to avoid misunderstandings:

Stefan, who ran mijac, wasn't the guy who had the Thriller tapes in his possesion. If memory serves correct, the snippets came from a french collector.
I wonder if that French collector has even more unheard unreleased Thriller songs in his collection.

Back