Rod Temperton & Bad

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Rod Temperton, the man who wrote Rock with You, Off the Wall, Burn This Disco Out, Baby Be Mine, Thriller, The Lady in My Life... where was he on Bad?
Not even a single song!

Rod Temperton, the man who wrote Rock with You, Off the Wall, Burn This Disco Out, Baby Be Mine, Thriller, The Lady in My Life... where was he on Bad?
Not even a single song!
I think Rod Temperton wrote some songs for Bad but hey didnt make that cut. Also, I think Michael wanted to write more by himself.

Are there any known songs of the unreleased bad songs written by Rod?

It appears that Michael Jackson wanted to be the main songwriter for his 'BAD' album, and as a result he decided to minimize the use of external/outside songwriters such as Rod Temperton.

As a matter of fact, Rod Temperton wrote and produced a few songs for the 'BAD' album, but Michael Jackson rejected all of them.

One of those songs was 'Groove Of Midnight', which did not make the final track list of that album.

Also, sound engineer Brad Sundberg confirmed that Rod Temperton was indeed involved in the making of the 'BAD' album, not just in writing and producing certain songs but also in working on other aspects of that album.

There was a YouTube* video in @Hot_Street's now edited post #4šŸ˜‰

edit:

*this one:

I hate this song with a burning passion just for the fact that so many people thought it was real and that it was going to be on T40 while the tracklist was being revealed lol.

^wtf is that? That ai voice suck for sure; I bet even Jason Malachi would have sounded more Michael-ish, had he sung SOL
It's not even AI, it's like the audio equivalent of tracing someone else's drawing. Literally just the original singer with a vague "Michael" tone.

Quincy was pushing Michael to write more on BAD, which is why majority of the album is written by him. As much as I'd like to hear Groove of Midnight, I don't think a full version exists outside of maybe the chorus.

Quincy was pushing Michael to write more on BAD, which is why majority of the album is written by him. As much as I'd like to hear Groove of Midnight, I don't think a full version exists outside of maybe the chorus.
Matt Forger didn't find it anyway. He looked for it while researching unreleased material for Bad25.

Rod was a fantastic writer but I'm so glad he wasn't on the album. I don't think his style of writing fit with the feel of the record.

One thing I love about Bad is it feels like Michael really coming of age as an artist, he needed the platform to evolve and he thrived of it

Back