Should Michael have performed Bad more like in the short film?

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
Should Michael have performed Bad more like in the short film or do you like it how it is? What you guys think? Many songs like Smooth Criminal, The Way You Make Me Feel and Dirty Diana were a lot like the short films when performed live but not Bad. There could have been dancers and choreography but Michael was on the stage alone. The backup dancers could have dressed like in the video and they could have done the dance part with Michael during the organ solo around 2:49:

I like it how it is but it could have been awesome.

yeah, that would have been cool to see. especially since it was the title track of the album!

Things I like in MJ, that you could find the live performance not like the Video Clip ( Like Jam )

It could have been cool, but I like it the way it is

Would have been cool. - But I really like the freestyle during BAD.

The fun he has with the band during the presentation etc. - But like TWYMMF there could have been mostly freestyle and then the dance routine - and then back to just doing whatever he felt like. Having fun on stage.

If all songs were like the video - the show would have been (even more) planed and bound by choreography. - I like the places very much where there is no choreography and MJ just does what he wants. - That also makes the concert different everytime. - TDCAU has a lot of choreography - and really the performance is the same every concert... - playback makes it even worse.

I think somehow it would have been lost in translation. As good as the performance of RTT on the Dangerous rehearsals is, I think it would have fallen slightly flat during a Dangerous concert. I think fallen flat is a little strong, but regardless of the placing of the song in the setlist, it would have taken away from the energy of any of the faster numbers, and prolonged the sullenness of any ballad. I think each show had the right amount of big choreography moments, any more and it would take away from the rock show that Michael put on. Too much major choreography would have simply limited how he felt on the night.

Same for Bad. It was always towards the end of the show, and seeing him let rip and improvise (even though we know from most of the performances these improvisations are just brilliantly executed pre-meditated ideas) and the song just worked perfectly live, in both tours.

Back