Smooth Criminal moonwalker version

filmandmusic

Proud Member
This extended version of SC taken from the Moonwalker video is vastly superior to the album cut. This cut makes the song breathe. I hope this gets to see an official release someday. I'm pretty sure this what the extended cut originally was like before trimming started?
Some will probably find it too long like this but for me this is an epic dance jam. It emphasizes the brilliant beat and epic string arrangement the song has.

Seriously isn't it about time the Estate gives us the extended uncut versions of his recordings? I mean it is said that the "bad" songs were all vastly longer in their original form, right?

The 'Moonwalker' version of the 'Smooth Criminal' song was the original version of the song because Michael Jackson first recorded the song for the film, and later the song was trimmed down for the album, as revealed by Frank DiLeo.

Also, this original version of the song not only makes the song breathe but also it adds to the story of that song due to the extra lyrics.

The 'Moonwalker' version of the 'Smooth Criminal' song should have been included on the 'BAD 25' album, instead of these 3 pointless remixes.

The 'Moonwalker' version of the 'Smooth Criminal' song was the original version of the song because Michael Jackson first recorded the song for the film, and later the song was trimmed down for the album, as revealed by Frank DiLeo.

Also, this original version of the song not only makes the song breathe but also it adds to the story of that song due to the extra lyrics.

The 'Moonwalker' version of the 'Smooth Criminal' song should have been included on the 'BAD 25' album, instead of these 3 pointless remixes.
I completely agree. We need all Michael's songs that were trimmed. From all eras.

Fun fact: MJ sings the moonwalker verse of SC during his concert in NYC on March 5 88. Makes me wonder what the first performance in Kansas City was like, did they change any choreography between the first US leg and the European leg? Anybody know?

Back