Sonic The Hedgehog (TV) Thread

Which Sonic animation you love watching best? (Multiple choice)

• Sonic The Hedgehog (SatAM)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog (AOSTH)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Sonic X

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Sonic Boom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic Underground

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
A thread for all Sonic fans. Not the SEGA game thread, but a TV thread. Here you can discuss about favourite episoded and moments out the cartoon shows like from "Sonic The Hedgehog" (SatAM), Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog (AOSTH), Sonic Underground, Sonic X (anime) and the recent Sonic Boom). And lets not forget about anime film of Sonic can be discussed here too.

SatAM
SatAMtitle.jpg

AOSTH
AoStHtitle.jpg

Sonic Underground
Sonicunderground.jpeg

Sonic X
320px-Sonic_X_logo.svg.png

Sonic Boom
Sonic_Boom_franchise_and_video_game_logo.png

Last edited:
I always liked SatAM more than AoStH when growing up. I remember being super pissed when I turned on ABC one morning to watch the show and it played the Free Willy cartoon instead. It especially didn't help that they were supposed to re-run the final episode that morning. >.< Thankfully I was able to catch it again when they re-ran the show on USA Network, and when the DVD set came out years later I immediately pre-ordered it.

I've come to appreciate the Adventures series more in later years, though that might be due to all the Youtube Poop videos that utilized various episodes. :p Sonic X was alright; it had some cool moments, but I wish it hadn't focused on Chris so much. I guess they needed a character for the kids watching to connect with. The anime movie/OVA with Metal Sonic in it was pretty cool. I haven't watched Sonic Boom yet so I can't comment on it.

I always liked SatAM more than AoStH when growing up. I remember being super pissed when I turned on ABC one morning to watch the show and it played the Free Willy cartoon instead. It especially didn't help that they were supposed to re-run the final episode that morning. >.< Thankfully I was able to catch it again when they re-ran the show on USA Network, and when the DVD set came out years later I immediately pre-ordered it.

I've come to appreciate the Adventures series more in later years, though that might be due to all the Youtube Poop videos that utilized various episodes. :p Sonic X was alright; it had some cool moments, but I wish it hadn't focused on Chris so much. I guess they needed a character for the kids watching to connect with. The anime movie/OVA with Metal Sonic in it was pretty cool. I haven't watched Sonic Boom yet so I can't comment on it.

That's because Sonic Boom came recently a few months on Cartoon Network in the US.

The SatAM version I saw it the first time on ABC and on Global. Wikipedia said that the show plays on CTV in Canada and I don't remember it airs on CTV, I know they were on Global and I believe they made a mistake.

I started watching the AOSTH version out of the VHS which my dad recorded while he's in south Texas and he included a few of Sonic toys from McDonald's for me and my brother I find a bit different adn weird until for sometime I enjoyed. As the millenium hits my brother and I began to enjoy the verison of the show a whole lot more because we love how funny it turned out because of Dr. Robotnik's antics, attitude and hissy fits. I loved Robotnik's voice done by Long John Baldry god bless his soul. As for the YP, which I'm not a fan of those, but I do know about the "Snooping as Usual I see" gag which is pretty damn funny. I got the Volume 2 DVD at Wal-Mart 6 years ago and recently last year my brother got the same volume DVD at The Bargin Shop. I really hope to get Volumes 1 & 3, but there are only a few left because a few years ago Shout! Factory discontinued ASOTH DVDs which sucked.

I do love "Sonic Underground" which I watched on Teletoon and like the SatAm and AOSTH, Jaleel White reprises the role of Sonic and he even played the role of Sonia (Sonic's sister) which she sounded like Urkell in "The Family Matters" which White played and brother Manic. I can admit it's pretty decent good, not as good as AOSTH. I love when Knuckles made his debut in the show and what I find weird is I read that Ian James Corlett played Knuckles, but recently I found out Brian Drummond played Knuckles. The sad part is that Sonic and his siblings won't ever reunite with their mother Queen Aleena so the show left us no conclusion due to cancellation.

Despite my love and devotion to anime, I wasn't a big fan of Sonic X, I do watch it sometimes and the characters is the anime were just cute like Cream, Vanilla and Cosmo. Very familiar with the 4Kids! voices like Dan Green, which I found fans always complain about. Pft! Whiners.

Sonic Boom I stared recently last month. It's pretty good, Mike Pollock reprises the role of Eggman like he did in Sonic X. I find weird about Knuckles is that they got him beefed up and taller and yet they made a bit dimwitted. How OOC they turned out to Knuckles, still I do like when he's funny, but not stupid funny.

The anime film is pretty cool. Funny even.

ASOTH- "Pseudo Sonic"
[YOUTUBE]Io4AQXwLaxY[/YOUTUBE]

That's because Sonic Boom came recently a few months on Cartoon Network in the US.

Yeah I remember hearing about it when it started airing, but I don't get cable and haven't been arsed to keep up with the show. I did see a preview clip of it though and it looked cute. Will look into it sometime but I got a million other shows that I'm watching right now.

I started watching the AOSTH version out of the VHS which my dad recorded while he's in south Texas and he included a few of Sonic toys from McDonald's for me and my brother I find a bit different adn weird until for sometime I enjoyed. As the millenium hits my brother and I began to enjoy the verison of the show a whole lot more because we love how funny it turned out because of Dr. Robotnik's antics, attitude and hissy fits. I loved Robotnik's voice done by Long John Baldry god bless his soul. As for the YP, which I'm not a fan of those, but I do know about the "Snooping as Usual I see" gag which is pretty damn funny. I got the Volume 2 DVD at Wal-Mart 6 years ago and recently last year my brother got the same volume DVD at The Bargin Shop. I really hope to get Volumes 1 & 3, but there are only a few left because a few years ago Shout! Factory discontinued ASOTH DVDs which sucked.

The SatAM set is out of print now, too. Wonder why they stopped... and yeah, Robotnik's voice actor in the show is hilarious. He get so over-the-top and flamboyant with the character you can't help but laugh. XD

I do love "Sonic Underground" which I watched on Teletoon and like the SatAm and AOSTH, Jaleel White reprises the role of Sonic and he even played the role of Sonia (Sonic's sister) which she sounded like Urkell in "The Family Matters" which White played and brother Manic. I can admit it's pretty decent good, not as good as AOSTH. I love when Knuckles made his debut in the show and what I find weird is I read that Ian James Corlett played Knuckles, but recently I found out Brian Drummond played Knuckles. The sad part is that Sonic and his siblings won't ever reunite with their mother Queen Aleena so the show left us no conclusion due to cancellation.

Gah, forgot to mention Underground. Though I don't have too much to say since I've only seen a few episodes of it, cause I couldn't really get into it. It's a neat concept but I found the songs a bit painful. It does suck that it never got a proper conclusion. The Archie comic series was going to do a story arc that would finally conclude that series but it looks like it's on hold/cancelled for the moment.

Despite my love and devotion to anime, I wasn't a big fan of Sonic X, I do watch it sometimes and the characters is the anime were just cute like Cream, Vanilla and Cosmo. Very familiar with the 4Kids! voices like Dan Green, which I found fans always complain about. Pft! Whiners.

There were definitely some cute moments, especially with Cheese and any of the other Chao that showed up. ^.^ I thought the 4Kids voices were alright for the most part. In terms of sound they all seemed to fit the characters well; the tough guys sounded tough and the cute characters sounded cute. The only voice I didn't like was Cream; no disrespect to her VA but I just thought she was way too high-pitched. Mike Pollock made a good Eggman and I was glad that they kept him as the voice for the character in the video games after recasting everyone else.

The SatAM set is out of print now, too. Wonder why they stopped... and yeah, Robotnik's voice actor in the show is hilarious. He get so over-the-top and flamboyant with the character you can't help but laugh. XD

I believe SatAM Shout! Factory DVDs were being discontinued like AOSTH DVDs because I heard that the Shout! Factory's deal with Cookie Jar Entertainment was expired in 2012.

AOSTH- "The Robot's Robot"
[YOUTUBE]dTLg8Ij31ok[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]V7RxTGYEJlc[/YOUTUBE]

4:28 Sounded familiar? What about 11:14 (same at 12:33)? Those music backgrounds from AOSTH version were added in that episode. I don't know why they put those there. Like in the Christmas Blast when Sonic using his speed, that same speed sound effect in the SatAM was used.

Back