Surprise concert with Karl Wolf and Cardinal Officall

Lark

Proud Member
Okay, I wrote Kardinal Offishall wrong in the subject, but I can't find a way to fix it!

I had such a great night I wanted to share it with you all!

The company I work for was having an event in my city for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Canada, and I was volunteering for it. We had no idea what we would be doing, so we just showed up and were told we'd just dance around and have lots of energy. We got a lesson on confetti cannons too cause we got to shoot them into the crowd!

So after the lesson we go in to watch the sound check and wait for the kids and it's Karl Wolf, and I didn't know who he was. He's just doing his thing and chatting with us, and he starts humming a song, which I recognized within the first two notes. He stops and says "Why do I have that in my head? I think it was Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney... what was that song?" (He is on stage talking into the mic and I am sitting in the audience with the other volunteers and event coordinators) and right away I go "Say Say Say!" He goes "yeah!" And sings a couple lines starting from 'Say say say what you want' he stops and goes "That was a good record..."

Anyway, it was at the aviation museum and all these kids were to listen to a speaker talk about aviation. It was a hired actor and he was SOOOOO BORING! He came out and talked for 15 minutes before Kardinal Official came out and I got to run down the stairs and shoot confetti all over the kids! It was all a trick to make the think it was going to be so boring, they had no idea! As I'm doing this, he is singing Dangerous and I finally realize who he is-- I couldn't believe he was there. Then we got to just watch the show and have fun. He got a bunch of kids on stage with him, then Karl Wolf came out. The look on the kids faces, they were sooo happy! It was so great. And when he started singing, I was like "THAT'S who that is??" I knew he songs, but didn't put it together till then.

They were so great to be there, and they were so nice with the kids, and gave them all autographs and CD's, and let them each take a picture with them. I watched the whole thing and they were so great. Kardinal Official was closer (and so tall) and I could see, his smile was so genuine for each of those photos, and there were probably 200 kids there.

When I went up to get an autograph for my boss, I was one of the last in line Kardinal official was like "Okay, well you get a sentence! [More then just a name and autograph]what should I write?" he wrote something great for her. And then I got to Karl and he gave me a high five-- I think they were so happy the line was ending! But they were so sweet and gave us CD's too cause they had some extra.

I think it was so great that they gave this concert for these kids, and part way through they asked everyone to put one finger up in the air and "If you believe in peace love and unity put up your second finger" (Making the peace sign-- you know I was thinking of Michael!) And then said "the most important thing you need to always believe is that anything is possible"

:heart:

Lark

Last edited:
Back