TDCAU lyrics question

1958MJJmoonwalker7

Applehead_MJ
i dont know if this is a thread already (i tried looking), but why were some of the lyrics considered racist and taken out of tdcau? (j** me sue me ... kick me k**e me) this is an honest question because he didnt mean to be hateful; it was the exact opposite. he was saying it out of empathy for the people who were being treated badly, so why did they take it the wrong way? was it because of the allegations a few years before that made people biased? im sorry if i upset anyone! :(

"my sole intention . . . was to use language to demonstrate the ugliness of racism, antisemitism and stereotyping. I had hoped that my lyrics would target the bigots, not the victims of bigotry. {In rerecording the song} I acknowledge that I seriously offended some people, which was never my intention. . . . I have come to understand over the past days that these words are considered antisemitic. . . . I now realize that all words have power especially when they are chosen to make a statement. I sincerely hope that anyone offended by my words will forgive me for not recognizing this sooner."

Back