The voice kids in comparison with young pre fame Michael?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
I was watching this a bit on tv and while i’m generally impressed with the kids performing on these shows I can’t help but compare with Michael. Sometimes one of the coaches say a participant reminds them of young Michael but then I just get the idea that they probably never even seen young Michael perform. If they had they wouldn’t have made the comparison…

This clips below shows a pre fame Michael performing for an audience who have no clue who he is but you can hear and see the enthusiasm grow as the performance continues. It is not just about the singing like on those talent shows either. This little guy is commanding his brothers, he is dancing like a seasoned pro and he interacts in full confidence with the audience, they’re hesitant at first but it doesn’t dishearten him and if you pay attention you hear parts of the crowd go wild eventually. If you look at the voice for kids, 90% of those children have a trembling voice and fear in their eyes.
I think he was vocally better than any kid I have ever seen but like I said, look at the complete package here in this performance. It blows so many artists completely off stage as far as I am concerned. Comparing young Michael with other kid performers/singers is not done imo, you have to compare him straight away with the big guys.

I’ve said it a dozen times before but please check out the live at the forum concert album, now that’s a freaking live concert right there! It is peak MJ, forget the early 80s, I mean don’t forget it, it was awesome but this man was already peaking in the early 70s too.

And only a couple of months later he was even better

Ok so I am not disrespecting the courage and talent of all other kids. I want to make that clear, they‘re brave as hell but they’re so rough around the edges, far from the finished article but none of them come close to young Michael. When I see this young Michael perform, I’m thinking what else does he need to learn? it is not even a matter of opinion, it is a fact.

Last edited:
I was watching this a bit on tv and while i’m generally impressed with the kids performing on these shows I can’t help but compare with Michael. Sometimes one of the coaches say a participant reminds them of young Michael but then I just get the idea that they probably never even seen young Michael perform. If they had they wouldn’t have made the comparison…

This clips below shows a pre fame Michael performing for an audience who have no clue who he is but you can hear and see the enthusiasm grow as the performance continues. It is not just about the singing like on those talent shows either. This little guy is commanding his brothers, he is dancing like a seasoned pro and he interacts in full confidence with the audience, they’re hesitant at first but it doesn’t dishearten him and if you pay attention you hear parts of the crowd go wild eventually. If you look at the voice for kids, 90% of those children have a trembling voice and fear in their eyes.
I think he was vocally better than any kid I have ever seen but like I said, look at the complete package here in this performance. It blows so many artists completely off stage as far as I am concerned. Comparing young Michael with other kid performers/singers is not done imo, you have to compare him straight away with the big guys.

I’ve said it a dozen times before but please check out the live at the forum concert album, now that’s a freaking live concert right there! It is peak MJ, forget the early 80s, I mean don’t forget it, it was awesome but this man was already peaking in the early 70s too.

And only a couple of months later he was even better

Ok so I am not disrespecting the courage and talent of all other kids. I want to make that clear, they‘re brave as hell but they’re so rough around the edges, far from the finished article but none of them come close to young Michael. When I see this young Michael perform, I’m thinking what else does he need to learn? it is not even a matter of opinion, it is a fact.
I agree 110%!

Back