This is a long shot but did MJ perform JB's "I got the feelin" ever in concert?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
For those who don't know this song. You have seen him perform this song in the 1968 Motown audition and it is such a jam. His footwork is insane and it would be so cool if this was performed somewhere else. He seems to be gliding over the floor during the entire performance, unfortunately the audition is focused on his upper body and legs so we can't see his footwork.

I know JB's "there was a time" was performed live a couple of times and that also features incredible dancing but I prefer the laid back vibe of "I got the feelin"

For those who don't know this song. You have seen him perform this song in the 1968 Motown audition and it is such a jam. His footwork is insane and it would be so cool if this was performed somewhere else. He seems to be gliding over the floor during the entire performance, unfortunately the audition is focused on his upper body and legs so we can't see his footwork.

I know JB's "there was a time" was performed live a couple of times and that also features incredible dancing but I prefer the laid back vibe of "I got the feelin"
Unfortunately not

@wonderouzmj
That doesn't mean it wasn't played on a couple of dates on tour in 1970/1971. It is known they did the Beatles' yesterday as well on a couple of early dates. So it is possible.
There might also be footage from talent shows of the period between 1967 and 1969 or even rehearsals of the song.
Then there is also an interview I remember, probably from soul train where the interviewer asks Michael why he doesn't dance as much as in his early tours. This was around 1974 I think. So apparently there was a lot of dancing in the early years and I got the feeling is the perfect song to dance to as proven by both James Brown and the Motown 68 audition.

There is a slight chance!

What Janet song did he dance too? Footage?

@wonderouzmj
That doesn't mean it wasn't played on a couple of dates on tour in 1970/1971. It is known they did the Beatles' yesterday as well on a couple of early dates. So it is possible.
There might also be footage from talent shows of the period between 1967 and 1969 or even rehearsals of the song.
Then there is also an interview I remember, probably from soul train where the interviewer asks Michael why he doesn't dance as much as in his early tours. This was around 1974 I think. So apparently there was a lot of dancing in the early years and I got the feeling is the perfect song to dance to as proven by both James Brown and the Motown 68 audition.

There is a slight chance!

What Janet song did he dance too? Footage?

I'm thinking of the times he guested in JBs shows.

Outside of the audition, if Michael ever performed this song in a concert setting, we most likely would've known by now
Of course not, virtually nothing is known of the setlists of the Jackson 5. Especially setlists from 1973 to 1975 are completely unknown. They were a lot more versatile than MJ’s solo tours which had a completely fixed set list. Who would have guessed that for example hum along and dance and you need love like I do (don’t you) was at least 1 time performed in Senegal?

We don’t know what songs they played on the various talent shows or in the nightclubs either. They likely played big boy very often pre 1970 but nobody knows for sure

Not once they got to Motown. They mostly tried to tone down the James Brown influence. Prior to that in talent shows and on the chitlin' circuit I think it was one of their staples. Michael used to perform "Tobacco Road" as well and Jermaine "Stormy Monday" if I recall correctly from various books.

Back