UK loves Michael Jackson

MJBrazil21

Proud Member
Some British friends told me that Michael Jackson is very loved and respected in the United Kingdom, and that the British love Michael a lot more than the United States itself. It's no wonder that Michael Jackson is more popular than the Beatles themselves in the United Kingdom , The British are one of the most loyal to the King of Pop

I would like to think all over the world but It is nice to read that UK is one of the most loyal because our tabloids sucked.

The numbers don't lie, MJ's albums sold well here and his tours were always sold out. I think the tabloids ridiculed him here, but his fans here were some of his most loyal.
Yeah the media here was awful but I don't really have a gauge of how respected he was here beyond that as I wasn't really around/old enough for most of it. Nice to know he was pretty well liked in the UK.

The UK media could be just as cruel as the US.

MJ was very very popular though and loved by many. It's not a surprise he performed so many concerts in the UK ( I was too young 😭)

It was like a circus when MJ arrived, fans and the media following him everywhere.

7 number one singles although some of those were pretty odd. One day in your life being one.

What I find odd is that it are just 7
I've always seen MJ as more of an albums artist rather than singles and the fact that he wasn't the most prolific it's not too surprising.

He did have quite a few number 2's in the UK charts 💩 ha

I was always surprised though that Beat it, Thriller, Man in the mirror never made number 1 here

I mean Michael seemed to get more support albums and single sales-wise from the UK and Europe in his later years however the media and tabloids in the UK were absolutely horrendous towards him. I think Michael sued and won against either News of the World or Daily Mirror at one point.

He did have 10 number 1 albums in the UK and a lot of top 5 singles. For curiosity's sake I had a look at what was Number one when Beat it was 3 - Let's Dance by David Bowie and the next week True by Spandau Ballet. Both good songs. So not like when Come on Eileen knocked Billie Jean off the top spot :ROFLMAO:

I think Michael sued and won against either News of the World or Daily Mirror at one point.
Yes he did indeed. They were really both awful to him. The singer sued the Daily Mirror in 1992 over four articles. and those headlines wouldn't wash now. Off-topic -I love your screen name there.

Yes he did indeed. They were really both awful to him. The singer sued the Daily Mirror in 1992 over four articles. [...]
I think Michael did a little interview with the Daily Mirror as part of the settlement, didn't he? I think that's right. 🤔

I think Michael did a little interview with the Daily Mirror as part of the settlement, didn't he? I think that's right. 🤔
oops - n yes. yes it was awful and even i had to have medication for that lol terrible headline it was.

it was June 1992 and nasty headline with a manipulated really close up pic of his face whilst performing , he settled it and they promised never to repeat the story or extend . it was around 1998 when it was all ' resolved

Yes he did indeed. They were really both awful to him. The singer sued the Daily Mirror in 1992 over four articles. and those headlines wouldn't wash now. Off-topic -I love your screen name there.
Thanks screenname is a throwback to when I watched wrestling :ROFLMAO:

I googled and it was the Daily Mirror in 1992. This bit is interesting
"Jackson fans, meanwhile, took up Jackson's case Wednesday, hurling garden compost at Mirror photographer, Ken Lennox, as he attempted to get more shots of Jackson's face."

Back