unreleased songs in the biopic

Which unreleased songs should be in the biopic?

• Chicago 1945

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Dream Away

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Adore You

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Changes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Water

• Get Your Weight Off Of Me

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Hot Street

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Throwin' Your Life Away

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Nightline

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Serious Effect

• Total voters
I think Chicago 1945 might be one of the songs they're considering releasing since Steve Porcaro said in a seminar that he was negotiating with the estate to get it released.

Personally the song I'd want to hear the most is Remember What I Told You/Just Remember, it'd be incredible to see one of MJ's final songs be played at the credits.

I would imagine the biopic would be crammed full of the most well-known hit songs. Members of the public will be confused if they watch a movie and they don't recognize the songs.

Also, people are tired of this shit. Nobody wants an album that's half old stuff and half new stuff. They didn't like it when HIStory came out, they didn't like it when BOTDF came out, they didn't like it when TUC came out, etc.

Estate needs to decide if they're going to release another greatest hits, with Billie Jean and MITM, or if they're going to release a new album of unreleased demos. It's simply not acceptable to try to do both.

We'll get the same tracklist as history disc 1,the essential,number ones, or scream. Idk why yall have high expectations from branca!😒

None

There are enough songs already released that deserve more attention for example childhood, give in to me, who is it, the way you love, someone in the dark, someone out your hand out, music and me, with a child’s heart etc

If the joy of music making is a centerpiece in this film, they could well show them working on unreleased songs, yet release them with completed Jaafar vocals. That would ensure demand for the original versions, whatever their state of completion.
I wouldn't be opposed if they were to give unfinished songs to Jaafar tbh, similarly to that all-stars tribute album that we have yet to hear about. But only give him songs that have very incomplete scratch vocals or songs that have few vocals/no vocals at all, leave the songs that are near-complete (i.e songs like Hollywood Tonight) for album releases.

I would just release something that was meant for Xscape like Chicago 1945 or Get Your Weight Off Of Me. It would be interesting to hear an Michael/Jaafar song though. Judging by Rebirth of Michael or Universe of Love, I wouldn’t mind it. But of course choose more of an incomplete song, and if they decide they want a Michael/Jaafar duet with a more complete song like Chicago 1945, it would need a solo remix version and a original version.

I find it totally unnecessary, if something is unfinished it's gonna be unfinished. Not interested in hearing someone else change MJ's art.

I think some on here just see his unfinished music as an inconvenience and something that needs to be changed or "improved" in order to be appreciated.

Anyway going a bit off topic so I'll leave it there.

Very uncharitable way to describe what it is people feel but, sure.
I do not agree, I think that's exactly where the desire for everything about his art to be changed comes from. Like I said going off topic though so I'm gonna move on from the topic now.

Last edited:
I kinda doubt there will actually be any unreleased songs in the movie itself, for a soundtrack album I think there would be one new song max. Not sure what they'd go for though.

I think I saw someone on here say that Dream Away would be nice to play during the credits. I can imagine that but also doubt they'd do something like that.

I think I saw someone on here say that Dream Away would be nice to play during the credits. I can imagine that but also doubt they'd do something like that.
I'd go for Heal the World or MITM during the credits.

I do not agree, I think that's exactly where the desire for everything about his art to be changed comes from. Like I said going off topic though so I'm gonna move on from the topic now.
I see completely changing certain songs ala Xscape as far less intrusive than trying to "complete the blueprint". The original version is the original version. Mike's Mix, whatever, in any case it just makes a neater distinction.

All of if just comes from a perfectionist state for me though, and I'm sure for many it's the same. It bothers us that so many great MJ songs are unfortunately left as works in progress. Accepting that as is is certainly healthier but still a lot to ask of people..

Anyway, nothing will be changed for the biopic anyway so it is a largely irrelevant topic to start with. An MJ movie with no MJ vocals would be DoA.

Back