Victory Tour Toronto performance

Whenever I watch Victory Tour, I always under why Michael himself wasn't satisfied with it. I feel he improved as a performer massively by the time the Bad Tour came along.
I don't dislike The Jacksons as a live act though, The Jacksons live CD of the Triumph tour was fantastic

Yokohama is a much better show than any Victory Tour show I've seen, Michael dances and sounds better, more dancers, the lighting was 3 years more advanced and the band in 1987 are much better than The Jacksons were in 84 (Human Nature being the best example)

I do enjoy parts of the Victory Tour though, I really love that adlib in Rock With You, "I put it in my pocket girl", wish Mike would have held onto that.

Whenever I watch Victory Tour, I always under why Michael himself wasn't satisfied with it. I feel he improved as a performer massively by the time the Bad Tour came along.
I don't dislike The Jacksons as a live act though, The Jacksons live CD of the Triumph tour was fantastic

Yokohama is a much better show than any Victory Tour show I've seen, Michael dances and sounds better, more dancers, the lighting was 3 years more advanced and the band in 1987 are much better than The Jacksons were in 84 (Human Nature being the best example)

I do enjoy parts of the Victory Tour though, I really love that adlib in Rock With You, "I put it in my pocket girl", wish Mike would have held onto that.

MAN, I so wish he would have kept that! I loved that in the triumph and victory tours.

I swear MJ had some of the most random adlibs ever, and that's why I love them. ''You wanna party'' is another example

I swear MJ had some of the most random adlibs ever, and that's why I love them. ''You wanna party'' is another example

lol I love that part too!

MAN, I so wish he would have kept that! I loved that in the triumph and victory tours.

LOL! that's one of the things i miss about Michael. his random adlibs. especially in the backgrounds in the songs. just randomly say something. i think that what made him cool. some of them were just funny and fun and some of them were lush. i miss those random adlibs.

i agree he should of kept that. LOL! in my opinion rock with you and human nature sound better live. especially during the victory tours.

The camera angles, lightning, production, the sound was not good on the Victory tour. MJ's performance was the only thing that carried that entire tour.

I don't get how anyone can look at this and say that he should have kept touring with his brothers. They were not a unit anymore. What were they even doing during songs like Billie Jean, Beat It? The backing vocals for heartbreak hotel sounded awful compared to how they sounded on the Bad Tour.

You can really tell just how much Michael's brothers were holding him back when he went solo. No wonder MJ ran for the hills whenever a Jackson's reunion tour was brought up.

You can really tell just how much Michael's brothers were holding him back when he went solo. No wonder MJ ran for the hills whenever a Jackson's reunion tour was brought up.

At the time when we could only get pictures from the Victory tour it always seemed like the epitome of a dream show, so I didn't really get MJ's reluctancy about it while reading Mooonwalk. When I actually get to see some performances it was sort of a disappointment, especially compared to the high expectations. And you're right, it can't be denied that by then the brothers were unintentionally holding MJ back. Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad or worse then before, it's MJ who skyrocketed to another level somehow.

I think that's part of the reason the Triumph Tour is better, they were still a "unit" then - sure, MJ always stood out, but it's not an uncommon thing (lots of groups have frontmen), and they still inspired and complemented each other.

I loved the Jacksons as a group, but it just didn't work anymore after some point - it's a bit sad and nobody's fault really, but that's the reality.

Still til this day....idk what he says on apom after that beat it move. "My toe, batow, lotto,"

& ill never understand "they told you don't you ever come around (shrimp, sheya, skimp).

At the time when we could only get pictures from the Victory tour it always seemed like the epitome of a dream show, so I didn't really get MJ's reluctancy about it while reading Mooonwalk. When I actually get to see some performances it was sort of a disappointment, especially compared to the high expectations. And you're right, it can't be denied that by then the brothers were unintentionally holding MJ back. Don't get me wrong, they weren't bad or worse then before, it's MJ who skyrocketed to another level somehow.

I think that's part of the reason the Triumph Tour is better, they were still a "unit" then - sure, MJ always stood out, but it's not an uncommon thing (lots of groups have frontmen), and they still inspired and complemented each other.

I loved the Jacksons as a group, but it just didn't work anymore after some point - it's a bit sad and nobody's fault really, but that's the reality.

Get out of my head please! Lol insane how we have the same thoughts. Especially the photos from victory. The 1st time i saw a victory photo was in 95 ( i was 5years old) in the HIStory booklet & since that day & more ive always seen victory photos but never even a clip & it was to die for bk then. I wish I could see my reaction to the 1st clip. That Toronto clip blew my mind as well because I've never seen the quality like that up until that point.

Still til this day....idk what he says on apom after that beat it move. "My toe, batow, lotto,"

& ill never understand "they told you don't you ever come around (shrimp, sheya, skimp).

To me, it always sounded like he was saying ''Shit''

Back