We are the problems of The Estates releases and why is the biopic called "Michael"?

mjfp

Proud Member
Country
Germany
Hello everyone,
a few weeks ago the Michael Jackson biopic was announced on the social media accounts of The Jacksons and The Estate said nothing about that and the MJ: The Musical Soundtrack album. But there is one thing I really don't like: The Name! Why does it always called Michael? The posthumous album release "Michael" (which is a bit controversial due to the songs sang from Jason Malachi, the Musical called "MJ: The Musical" (Michael Jackson: The Musical) and now the biopic called "Michael". Why they don't have the ingenuity to do another name than "Michael". I know, "Michael" is a good name for a Michael movie but why not something like "The Music and Me: The Michael Jackson Biopic" or something like that? And don't understand me wrong, I really looking forward to see this in cinema. First it's an official Michael Jackson movie and The Estate didn't released anything since 2014 (The compilation album "Scream" doesn't count for me because it's a compilation with one new mash-up) but they could do so much more. Thriller in high resolution, which is finished since 2017 and was seen only one week in North America in 2018 before the movie "The House with a Clock in Its Walls" which is a movie for kids (don't know how children reacted to the werewolf scene lmao) or anniversary albums like from The Beatles (maybe they wait until the 50th Anniversary of Off The Wall but I don't have hope at The Estate) or Captain EO in high resolution on Disney+ and Blu-ray with Atmos sound (fans already have copies of the 35mm film of Captain EO and have high resolution copies of it but not available for others due to copyright). There are also some rumors that the HIStory Medley (Scream, They Don't Care About Us, In The Closet) of the Prague concert of the HIStory Tour was shown at the MJ: ONE premiere (again MJ as a main title in a Estate production), so they could finish that and release it to public. Hopefully The Estate don't mess up with the biopic and don't write the script again and again and again and again... until the movie is called "Morbius". But actually there is one thing nobody talks about and The Estate doesn't know what they could do about it. The Fans!
How do The Estate know what they should do? The answer is criticism! They released a boxest with all Michael Jackson short films called "Michael Jackson's Vision". The fans liked it but it was talked about the audio and video quality that it's not that good as it should be. But they used VHS tapes (some of them are not finished versions and only promo tapes) and they tried to do the best in the year of 2010. The controversial "Michael" album, which has three songs which are sang from Jason Malachi and not Michael Jackson. Maybe The Estate tried to make money of fake releases or maybe Cascio ,who send the songs to The Estate, send them faked songs and they didn't proved it if it's Michael or not or simply they didn't cared about that, which I think is the real point because in the Making of: Michael (album) documentation, they started with Keep Your Head Up, Monster and Breaking News and called Breaking News the third song in an interview (the documentation was set on private after a few years and was released on the official YouTube channel in 2011). After the criticism, they released Bad: 25th Anniversary album and it was a perfect release! Also they released "Live At Wembley (July 16, 1988)" and they used the live multitracks to make the best sound possible, so the fans are not so disapointed as for Vision. But then they released the videogame "The Experience" made by Ubisoft. A cool game for hardcore fans and children but it wasn't that successful (it was just the Michael Jackson Edition of Just Dance). They made thier experience with the "Michael" album and released "Xscape" featuring new remixes of unreleased songs, the original versions and a duet with Justin Timberlake. In my opinion a good release but they shouldn't use the remixes as main tracks. After the sucessful Bad 25 documentaion they made "Journey from Motown to Off The Wall". Bad 25th was better. The Estate showed for one week "Thriller" in North America and before at the Venice Film Festival and produced a duet with Drake with a unreleased song called "It Don't Matter To Me", recalled to "Don't Matter To Me". Then The Estate had plans for Thriller but released first the This Is It 10th Anniversary Edition. Not a good decision. They released an expensive release with the vinyl, a 3D Blu-ray (only 10 minutes of that are in 3D) and a ticket for the show for 499$. That's way to expensive! So they got criticisim and didn't released Thriller, maybe because of fear or they didn't want make mistakes anymore. Then came COVID-19 and they couldn't work that hard on thier projects. While that they started working on the biopic since 2019. Now it's announced plus a soundtrack album of the "MJ: The Musicial".

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
a few weeks ago the Michael Jackson biopic was announced on the social media accounts of The Jacksons and The Estate said nothing about that and the MJ: The Musical Soundtrack album. But there is one thing I really don't like: The Name! Why does it always called Michael? The posthumous album release "Michael" (which is a bit controversial due to the songs sang from Jason Malachi, the Musical called "MJ: The Musical" (Michael Jackson: The Musical) and now the biopic called "Michael". Why they don't have the ingenuity to do another name than "Michael". I know, "Michael" is a good name for a Michael movie but why not something like "The Music and Me: The Michael Jackson Biopic" or something like that? And don't understand me wrong, I really looking forward to see this in cinema. First it's an official Michael Jackson movie and The Estate didn't released anything since 2014 (The compilation album "Scream" doesn't count for me because it's a compilation with one new mash-up) but they could do so much more. Thriller in high resolution, which is finished since 2017 and was seen only one week in North America in 2018 before the movie "The House with a Clock in Its Walls" which is a movie for kids (don't know how children reacted to the werewolf scene lmao) or anniversary albums like from The Beatles (maybe they wait until the 50th Anniversary of Off The Wall but I don't have hope at The Estate) or Captain EO in high resolution on Disney+ and Blu-ray with Atmos sound (fans already have copies of the 35mm film of Captain EO and have high resolution copies of it but not available for others due to copyright). There are also some rumors that the HIStory Medley (Scream, They Don't Care About Us, In The Closet) of the Prague concert of the HIStory Tour was shown at the MJ: ONE premiere (again MJ as a main title in a Estate production), so they could finish that and release it to public. Hopefully The Estate don't mess up with the biopic and don't write the script again and again and again and again... until the movie is called "Morbius". But actually there is one thing nobody talks about and The Estate doesn't know what they could do about it. The Fans!
How do The Estate know what they should do? The answer is criticism! They released a boxest with all Michael Jackson short films called "Michael Jackson's Vision". The fans liked it but it was talked about the audio and video quality that it's not that good as it should be. But they used VHS tapes (some of them are not finished versions and only promo tapes) and they tried to do the best in the year of 2010. The controversial "Michael" album, which has three songs which are sang from Jason Malachi and not Michael Jackson. Maybe The Estate tried to make money of fake releases or maybe Cascio ,who send the songs to The Estate, send them faked songs and they didn't proved it if it's Michael or not or simply they didn't cared about that, which I think is the real point because in the Making of: Michael (album) documentation, they started with Keep Your Head Up, Monster and Breaking News and called Breaking News the third song in an interview (the documentation was set on private after a few years and was released on the official YouTube channel in 2011). After the criticism, they released Bad: 25th Anniversary album and it was a perfect release! Also they released "Live At Wembley (July 16, 1988)" and they used the live multitracks to make the best sound possible, so the fans are not so disapointed as for Vision. But then they released the videogame "The Experience" made by Ubisoft. A cool game for hardcore fans and children but it wasn't that successful (it was just the Michael Jackson Edition of Just Dance). They made thier experience with the "Michael" album and released "Xscape" featuring new remixes of unreleased songs, the original versions and a duet with Justin Timberlake. In my opinion a good release but they shouldn't use the remixes as main tracks. After the sucessful Bad 25 documentaion they made "Journey from Motown to Off The Wall". Bad 25th was better. The Estate showed for one week "Thriller" in North America and before at the Venice Film Festival and produced a duet with Drake with a unreleased song called "It Don't Matter To Me", recalled to "Don't Matter To Me". Then The Estate had plans for Thriller but released first the This Is It 10th Anniversary Edition. Not a good decision. They released an expensive release with the vinyl, a 3D Blu-ray (only 10 minutes of that are in 3D) and a ticket for the show for 499$. That's way to expensive! So they got criticisim and didn't released Thriller, maybe because of fear or they didn't want make mistakes anymore. Then came COVID-19 and they couldn't work that hard on thier projects. While that they started working on the biopic since 2019. Now it's announced plus a soundtrack album of the "MJ: The Musicial".
"The Music and Me: The Michael Jackson Biopic" (as a title of the biopic) would not be a good idea because in people's mind this title would limit Michael Jackson to only that album and era (1973).

Also, the Estate cannot always know what they should do, and this is basically what happens in business industry where the Estate operates.

Criticism and feedback helps as long as the Estate takes these two things into consideration for future projects/releases.

For example, there are certain filmmakers who take criticism and feedback very seriously, and this helped them a lot for their next films which became even better and even more successful.

Releasing remixed versions of the original songs (such as, the main tracks on the 'Xscape' album) is something unavoidable these days.

That is because the purpose is to mainly attract the younger generation who like and is more familiar with the current sound of music (this type of generation is also a bigger consumer of music, and thus more profitable for the Estate).

Also, they are not going to release the 1996 Prague HIStory concert because it is full of mistakes (playback, costumes, visuals, etc).

Besides, it is pretty rare for an artist (or for his/her Estate) to release the tour's opening show because almost always is saddled with such mistakes.

"The Music and Me: The Michael Jackson Biopic" (as a title of the biopic) would not be a good idea because in people's mind this title would limit Michael Jackson to only that album and era (1973).

Also, the Estate cannot always know what they should do, and this is basically what happens in business industry where the Estate operates.

Criticism and feedback helps as long as the Estate takes these two things into consideration for future projects/releases.

For example, there are certain filmmakers who take criticism and feedback very seriously, and this helped them a lot for their next films which became even better and even more successful.

Releasing remixed versions of the original songs (such as, the main tracks on the 'Xscape' album) is something unavoidable these days.

That is because the purpose is to mainly attract the younger generation who like and is more familiar with the current sound of music (this type of generation is also a bigger consumer of music, and thus more profitable for the Estate).

Also, they are not going to release the 1996 Prague HIStory concert because it is full of mistakes (playback, costumes, visuals, etc).

Besides, it is pretty rare for an artist (or for his/her Estate) to release the tour's opening show because almost always is saddled with such mistakes.
I think they could or should asking the fans what they want or make a voting on social media and I think these remixes is a good idea but in my opinion, they shouldn't be the main tracks of the album (they should release both versions on a CD and not doing two editions with on the standard only the remixes. If The Estate is releasing the prague concert, I think it would be lot of edited (I mean Wembley (July 16) hadn't Dirty Diana in it and it was edited into the show (Michael said in an interview that it was too late to perform this song on this date but we don't know what exactly happend) or the bucharest concert which had snippets of other concerts in it) and I only said that it could be released due to the rumors of that showing on the MJ ONE premiere if it's true.

If The Estate is releasing the prague concert, I think it would be lot of edited (I mean Wembley (July 16) hadn't Dirty Diana in it and it was edited into the show (Michael said in an interview that it was too late to perform this song on this date but we don't know what exactly happend) or the bucharest concert which had snippets of other concerts in it) and I only said that it could be released due to the rumors of that showing on the MJ ONE premiere if it's true.
Dirty Diana was performed on July 16th and the footage from the DVD was not edited in. Michael simply misremembered.

DirtyDiana_BAD.jpg

Dirty Diana was performed on July 16th and the footage from the DVD was not edited in. Michael simply misremembered.

DirtyDiana_BAD.jpg
ok sry I take back everything I said about Wembley

DirtyDiana_BAD.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. Though kind of feel bad about Michael telling that whole story about Princess Diana asking him to perform Dirty Diana and him saying he already took it out of the show. He probably gave it a serious thought and misremembered years later.

C’mon nobody even knows that song let alone that album bar die hard fans. The reason this would not be a good title is that the biopic will not be about MJ’s music. A potential studio footage documentary titled “music and me” would work however.

Tbh I wouldn't worry too much about the title. Until there is a release date/time frame attached I would expect there is a strong likelihood that it will change. This is probably a working title and I'd be really surprised if they didn't change it to a song title, or album title, as most biopics seem to.

It may be fun to brainstorm possible titles that we would like, though!

Let's get creative folks, lets take the piss, what if we make this the world's first suspenseful biopic!
We will present it with Michael stalking children with sinister musical cues. Misinterpreting Michael's words. A glimpse of his room with newspaper articles of the elephant man, toys, pills and alcohol. Panic all over, chaos, adults screaming for blood, torches ready and on fire.They call the cops and together they run to Neverland only to find Michael playing video games with kids. In a counterattack they pelt the paranoid parents and cops with water balloons. At the end have Michael's kid's come on and show their middle finger in the very last frame. The end. credits start "childhood" plays. Done! 😁

But then again he already did this with "ghosts".

Tbh I wouldn't worry too much about the title. Until there is a release date/time frame attached I would expect there is a strong likelihood that it will change. This is probably a working title and I'd be really surprised if they didn't change it to a song title, or album title, as most biopics seem to.

It may be fun to brainstorm possible titles that we would like, though!
I agree that Michael is just a working title and will likely be changed. I am happy with any title, as long as it isn’t Thriller, Moonwalker or King of Pop.

Are we 100% sure a biopic is actually coming? April fools day was 11 days ago...just sayin

Are we 100% sure a biopic is actually coming? April fools day was 11 days ago...just sayin
It has officially been greenlit. Now it either moves forward quickly or it stays in production hell for over a decade.
It is still 50/50 imo

It was not April fools joke and was rumoured very early last year. Now its official and by the same team as Bohemian Rapsody! That was something that they personally wanted to do after completing and having huge success on Freddies biopic.

Back