What a BITCH this Customer was! Could have gotten me FIRED!

Karice

Proud Member
So, a "Customer" (BITCH is what she really is!) asked me to do a $1,000 Western Union Transaction. In all 20's. She and I counted out the money a couple of times. She asked her boyfriend something like,"Babe, you want anything else?" He started talking to me. I think you know where this is going, right?That nasty ass BITCH! I didn't count the very last time right before I put the money into the register. (This is my fault) .

I put the money in, punched out soon and didn't think anything of it. Over a month later(Recently) my Manager asked me if I remember this Couple, showing me the camera footage. I was like,"I don't really remember them, this is from over a month ago." He showed me the footage, and the BITCH STOLE $800 from me! She had her Boyfriend start talking to me while she folded and palmed $800 and put it in her hand while her boyfriend was talking to me. She had only given me $200(My Manager asked if it was 20's or $100"s($20's are easy to make a huge mistake like I did, $100's are much harder to make a huge mistake like I did.) I had assumed it was the full $1,000 and just naively plopped only $200 in the register and then soon punched out.

My Manager said something like,"She had her boyfriend distract you while she folded the $800 and then palmed it. " He continued and warned me something like,"Customers shouldn't be "helping" you out with your job. When a Customer "Counts," money, you should ALWAYS recount it before putting it into the register. Be suspicious when Customers "Help," you count money and assume they may be trying to scam you."

I myself acknowledged I should have been suspicious she was "Helping," me count the money. He was like,"Yep, Customers "Helping you," count money is a red flag. Please don't ever again approve of a transaction without doing a final count of the money right before it goes into the register." I am so lucky I have a VERY understanding Manager. Other Managers definitely would have fired me over this! Customer is a nasty BITCH!

About "Customers," helping Cashiers out at their jobs, I saw a video where a "Customer," helped a Cashier with the register. The "Customer," ended up stealing like $50 from the register!" Posters commented something like,"A Customer should never be "Helping," a Cashier with the register. Cashier should have been on red alert when the "Customer," touched his register and was "Helping," him out with his job. Cashier should have assumed "Customer," was a thief and said something like,"Sir, step away from my register before I call the police. Cashier should be the one on control of his register, NOT the Customer."

it's a terrible situation. even more terrible is that people do not understand that by this they are harming or ruining the life of a person who has not even done anything bad to them. thank you for sharing this information as it can save many from such scam customers. I hope that everything will be fine with you and that such people will not spoil your mood and life anymore

Back