What are your expectations from the album?

I hope it contains less sexual references and more of the 'old' Janet like in Velvet Rope or earlier. I really love her old stuff. It proves that she can really do great songs with wonderful lyrics and melodies. That was something she neglected in her last albums, at least in my opinion. So I hope she goes back to the roots again :)

Hearing the first single it looks promising. Good song IMO.

I expect her ballads to be (at least) on the same level as her greatest ballad (‘Where Are You Now’).

musically I expect it to be overall better than the last couple albums produced by Dupree. I'm really glad Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are back!! and because she musically was gone for long time it will be built better.

I hope it contains less sexual references and more of the 'old' Janet like in Velvet Rope or earlier.

Hate to remind you but there is nothing that isn't sexual about Velvet Rope. The singles were probably released because they were the only things not R or X rated lol

musically I expect it to be overall better than the last couple albums produced by Dupree. I'm really glad Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are back!! and because she musically was gone for long time it will be built better.

I think that her (musically) prolonged absence does not mean necessarily a better, new album.

I think that her (musically) prolonged absence does not mean necessarily a better, new album.

when I said 'built' better I meant hyped better!! it's a 'come back' album vs. another release

KOPV;4105514 said:
when I said 'built' better I meant hyped better!! it's a 'come back' album vs. another release

Now, it makes sense.

But, I think no matter the hype, her success (or not) will eventually come down to the recorded material.

I can understand the choice of ‘No Sleeep’ as the lead single (to remind us about her musical roots, to try to achieve a decent radio/chart performance, etc.). But, if the two songs (‘No Sleeep’, ‘Unbreakable’) are representative of the sound & direction of her forthcoming album, then I am afraid she has not raised the bar.

"burn it up" (ft. missy Elliott) and "the great forever" , are amazing songs. can't wait to hear them in full.

I was hoping janet would go back to her old style that to me is THE TRUE JANET!

Back