What I'd Do With Invincible.

As a matter of fact, originally it was longer. However, you can only have 77 minutes on a CD. When he was done with the finished product, they made him go back and actually shorten some of the songs. Being the perfectionist he was, this really upset him. Even though he only removed seconds from several songs, he wanted them to remain exactly as he originally recorded them.

Courtneymartin;4277866 said:
As a matter of fact, originally it was longer. However, you can only have 77 minutes on a CD. When he was done with the finished product, they made him go back and actually shorten some of the songs. Being the perfectionist he was, this really upset him. Even though he only removed seconds from several songs, he wanted them to remain exactly as he originally recorded them.

In actuality, all of his adult, studio albums were originally longer.

Michael Jackson used to have different versions (mixes) with varying degrees of longer durations of each song, right before choosing the shorter and official version of each song.

For example, from the ‘Dangerous’ album, the original version of ‘She Drives Me Wild’ had a duration of 6:30 (as compared to 3:42 of its official version), or the original version of ‘Why You Wanna Trip on Me’ was over 7 minutes.

The same goes for the ‘HIStory’ album, where all the new songs were originally much longer.

The same also goes for the ‘Invincible’ album, where for example the original version of ‘2000 Watts’ includes nearly 2 additional minutes.

Also, according to my information, Sony Music some weeks before the album's official release was about to include a bonus track on the ‘Invincible’ album, but not on the CD version which already reached its maximum capacity with the 77 minutes of the 16 songs, but on the vinyl version of the album which had still more space allowing thus the inclusion of an additional 17th track.

mj_frenzy;4277894 said:
In actuality, all of his adult, studio albums were originally longer.

Michael Jackson used to have different versions (mixes) with varying degrees of longer durations of each song, right before choosing the shorter and official version of each song.

For example, from the ‘Dangerous’ album, the original version of ‘She Drives Me Wild’ had a duration of 6:30 (as compared to 3:42 of its official version), or the original version of ‘Why You Wanna Trip on Me’ was over 7 minutes.

The same goes for the ‘HIStory’ album, where all the new songs were originally much longer.

The same also goes for the ‘Invincible’ album, where for example the original version of ‘2000 Watts’ includes nearly 2 additional minutes.

Also, according to my information, Sony Music some weeks before the album's official release was about to include a bonus track on the ‘Invincible’ album, but not on the CD version which already reached its maximum capacity with the 77 minutes of the 16 songs, but on the vinyl version of the album which had still more space allowing thus the inclusion of an additional 17th track.

Yup! And also, some songs were sped up. (Especially on ‘Bad’’ by 6%.The dance tracks were also around 9 to 10 minutes long originally).
Was that done to make them fit? Brad Sundberg has stated that ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ was sped up to sound more energetic. But how about ‘Bad’ and ‘Smooth Criminal’?
Also, was ‘Tabloid Junkie’ sped up?
I’ve heard this in the past but to be honest when I listen to the slower version, it just doesn’t sound right to my ears. Maybe it’s because I’ve heard the album version so often lol.

dethorro;4277899 said:
Yup! And also, some songs were sped up. (Especially on ‘Bad’’ by 6%.The dance tracks were also around 9 to 10 minutes long originally).
Was that done to make them fit? Brad Sundberg has stated that ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ was sped up to sound more energetic. But how about ‘Bad’ and ‘Smooth Criminal’?
Also, was ‘Tabloid Junkie’ sped up?
I’ve heard this in the past but to be honest when I listen to the slower version, it just doesn’t sound right to my ears. Maybe it’s because I’ve heard the album version so often lol.

They sped-up certain songs on the ‘BAD’ album because they wanted to make them fit on the album, but also because they wanted to make them sound better on the radio.

Of course, part of the reason for the sped-up was also because they wanted to make them sound more energetic (such as, ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’).

But the songs they sped-up on that album were not for all by 6% (the sped-up percentage varied, and ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ song comparatively underwent the biggest sped-up which was by 6%).

They also removed certain parts from specific songs in order to make them fit on that album (such as, few lines from the second verse of ‘Smooth Criminal’).

‘Tabloid Junkie’ (album version) is sped-up, and certain songs from the ‘Dangerous’ album are sped-up, too.

mj_frenzy;4277981 said:
They sped-up certain songs on the ‘BAD’ album because they wanted to make them fit on the album, but also because they wanted to make them sound better on the radio.

Of course, part of the reason for the sped-up was also because they wanted to make them sound more energetic (such as, ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’).

But the songs they sped-up on that album were not for all by 6% (the sped-up percentage varied, and ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ song comparatively underwent the biggest sped-up which was by 6%).

They also removed certain parts from specific songs in order to make them fit on that album (such as, few lines from the second verse of ‘Smooth Criminal’).

‘Tabloid Junkie’ (album version) is sped-up, and certain songs from the ‘Dangerous’ album are sped-up, too.

I suspect that some songs from Triumph are also sped up.

Back