What should the tracklist to Michael have been?

Spaceship

Proud Member
1. Blue Gangster: Don't see why this wasn't included. Dr. Freeze even reworked it in 2010.
2. Hollywood Tonight: Clearly incomplete, but it was still nice to hear. Better to include an incomplete song than a song with fake vocals, anyway.
3. The Way You Love Me: Not as good as MJ's demo, but it was still nice to hear. Better to include a remix of a previously released song than a song with fake vocals, anyway.
4. Hold My Hand: More of an Akon song than an MJ song, but I'd still include it as the lead single. It cracked the top 40 on the Hot 100, so it wasn't a total flop. It sufficed at generating buzz for the album and I don't see any of the other tracks doing that well as a single. Better to include an Akon song featuring MJ than a song with fake vocals, anyway.
5. Another Day: Not as good as the leaked demo, but it was still nice to hear. Really hope we'll get to hear the full demo someday. Better to include an inferior version of a song than a song with fake vocals, anyway.
6. She Was Loving Me: Don't see why this wasn't included. It's not very good, but it'd still fit on the album. Better to include a subpar song than a song with fake vocals, anyway.
7. A Place with No Name: Don't see why this wasn't included. Didn't Dr. Freeze also rework it in 2010 after it had leaked shortly after MJ's death in 2009?
8. I Was the Loser: Don't see why this wasn't included. It was vocally complete and wasn't it given a final mix in 2008?
9. Best of Joy: Easily the best track on the album. I'd like to hear the third verse someday.
10. Much Too Soon: Don't care for the song, but it's a fitting closer for the album. Better to include a subpar song than a song with fake vocals, anyway.

I would have liked to include "Xscape", but Darkchild refused to let any of the songs he produced be on the album.

Anyway, the Cascio fiasco absolutely should have never happened. What the heck were they thinking, putting in songs that so obviously weren't MJ when they had plenty of authentic songs to choose from.

Last edited:
you forgot DYKWYCA 2010 Mix. Easily one of the best tracks.

For HT: they should have used the bridge and unused vocals of the demo. Teddy Riley made the song complete in terms of music and vocal mixing, but why did he remove some stuff?

I Was The Loser wasn't given a final mix. The demo we have is the earliest version and there were changes along with vocal re recording of the chorus but no 'final' mix.

Michael should've been a compilation of the best originals from the Invincible sessions to 2009
It should've been an album, that he could've been released next.
That said, this would be my Michael album:

1. Another Day
2. The Way You Love Me
3. A Place with No Name
4. Hollywood Tonight
5. Days In Gloucestershire
6. What More Can I Give Demo
7. We've Had Enough
8. Xscape

you forgot DYKWYCA 2010 Mix. Easily one of the best tracks.

They weren't going to include that because of its touchy subject matter. Remember that they changed the "she's only fifteen" lyric in "Hollywood Tonight".
I Was The Loser wasn't given a final mix. The demo we have is the earliest version and there were changes along with vocal re recording of the chorus but no 'final' mix.
I'm sure they could have gotten someone to make a new mix of it for the album that would be close to MJ's original vision of the song, then.

Last edited:
I'm curious what kind of "mastermind" compiled the album.
3 fakes
1 akon song
1 remix of a released song

Last edited:
1. Hold My Hand
2. Hollywood Tonight (Throwback Mix)
3. Do You Know Where You Children Are (2010 mix, which has been leaked online. By far the best mix of the song)
4. I Like The Way You Love Me
5. Some completed song with Fraud-i-am.
6. Best of Joy
7. Chicago (2010 version)
8. I Am A Loser / I Was A Loser
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon

Back