What was going to be Bush/Thompkins’ opening outfit for TII?

KingofPop125

Proud Member
16fe38d3f95a99b668f7caa1da85150c.jpg

This was going to be Zaldy’s opening outfit designed for This Is It. While it looks cool, I don’t know if Michael would have worn it given how he was loyal to Bush/Thompkins. But I could be wrong, so correct me down bellow. Anyways, what did Bush/Thompkins had in mind for their opening outfit, if they had one planned at all?

It's really funny they just tried to make a definitive TII thread and here's the 2nd one in a week.

Anyway, this is the opening outfit. There was no other planned ensemble.

It's really funny they just tried to make a definitive TII thread and here's the 2nd one in a week.

Anyway, this is the opening outfit. There was no other planned ensemble.
I was hoping it would but the post, like every other time I try to do something like this, get hyperfocused on one thing that I said and it becomes a different conversation. So I decided to tackle this situation differently.

Pretty sure this is the Bush version of the WBSS outfit.

ORPINbw.jpg

But there are quite a few threads on this already. This picture I found by simply searching “This is it costumes” on this forum.

Pretty sure this is the Bush version of the WBSS outfit.

ORPINbw.jpg

But there are quite a few threads on this already. This picture I found by simply searching “This is it costumes” on this forum.
I didn't know this existed. I've never seen this before. Wow.

I like it less though.

The outfits Michael wore at rehearsals looked better than that

I just don't understand - was MJ planning to change outfit after just 1 song? Or would he perform many songs in that outfit?

I just don't understand - was MJ planning to change outfit after just 1 song? Or would he perform many songs in that outfit?
I'm sure it was many songs. They only showed so Many different ones bit I've never seen this bush version. Is there an hd photo anybody?

I don't think Zaldy (for all their enthusiasm) grasped that Michael had to dance and perform in these outfits. I mean didn't the Black Or White jacket weigh something like 10 pounds?

For the 'This Is It' concerts, Michael Jackson was about to wear 10 outfits by Zaldy and 6 outfits by Michael Bush and Dennis Tompkins.

It was reported also that Michael Jackson when he tried on Zaldy's outfit for the opening songs (pants and shoulders) he liked it.

These shoulders are said to be Michael Jackson's idea.

Hated all of Zaldy's outfits other than the Billie Jean one and Thriller as others suggested.

To think that the opening show was to be the 13th of July (was already delayed anyway) and he died 25th of June - watching the rehearsals it seemed like they still had a hell of a lot of stuff to do to get ready for that opening date.

Probably many. Maybe he would take off the shoulder things and open the jacket after WBSS.

There were a few things I liked that Zaldy did but not really a fan overall. Thriller jacket looked cool, I liked the black or white jacket (but seems too heavy to run around in for the song), and I liked the concept behind the Heal the World jacket, just not executed the way I'd want.

Yeah, it looked great in Ghosts. I mean, Jam. I mean, Earth Song. I mean, You Are Not Alone.
Ghosts is the only one where he also wore a a white shirt, and it was more of a dress shirt with ruffles. Jam was an orange shirt in the music video, and he wore whichever tour outfit he was wearing when performing it live, Earth Song had a really tattered red/black shirt , and You Are Not Alone had a personally designed lace shirt.

Ghosts is the only one where he also wore a a white shirt, and it was more of a dress shirt with ruffles. Jam was an orange shirt in the music video, and he wore whichever tour outfit he was wearing when performing it live, Earth Song had a really tattered red/black shirt , and You Are Not Alone had a personally designed lace shirt.
I'm just saying he wore a white t shirt with a jacket a lot. Jam was just that as well.

Back