What's the highest attendance a free MJ (tribute) concert could do today?

IhateTheMedia

Proud Member
Country
United-States
I saw on here a fan festival in the middle east that had over 40,000 people which was free, in China the world's richest man at the time a couple years back had 40,000 people for his own cosplay event that was also free. But those were capped at maximum capacity so it could have been even higher, so i was wondering how much one could do after the Biopic with all of the insuring buzz from Jafaar playing MJ or even a hologram today.

Could be in any country doesn't matter

Last edited:
I dunno. 10k? It's doubtful it would fill a typical basketball arena. Why do you ask?

I’d say it depends on the country.

In the US, MJ tribute shows do great business. Who’s Bad did a free show in my location last year and the venue was at full capacity (a couple thousand, I’m told). I know the UK fucking adores the man (at least comparatively), so I’d imagine it would do even better there.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, 5-10 thousand. Thriller Live was able to sell out half an arena last time it toured. In contrast, I went to one in a sit-down theatre and it was only about 200.

It's not gonna sell out Wembley Stadium, if that's what you're thinking.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, 5-10 thousand. Thriller Live was able to sell out half an arena last time it toured. In contrast, I went to one in a sit-down theatre and it was only about 200.

It's not gonna sell out Wembley Stadium, if that's what you're thinking.
It's not a sell out, tickets are free of charge. That's what i'm asking about, just free walk up. How many could it do?

10k.

The answer is 10k.

Again, the time has passed. It's not 2009 any more. Look at Thrill The World, which is a free event that is in the Guinness Book of Records. In 2009 it had 441 events in 33 countries on 5 continents, with a total of 22,571 dancers. Last year there were 47 events, it was probably lucky to have 1000 dancers.

Back