When Do You Expect An Album?

Defo, but they weren't, at least with this you can watch all the long versions and in order, never understood why they included the BOTDF remix instead of the original tho

I can't stand that Refugee remix of BOTDF. That was my main disappointment with Vision (also the little intro to "Rock With You" shortened the drum beats by one bar, I think.) I LOVE the way Vision is packaged and the SOUND is excellent. I'm willing to forgive the visual quality, to get that sound. Everyone always raves on about Blu-Ray, but I don't care much about that. I don't have a Blu Ray player.

DVD quality footage honestly looks quite grainy to me now, and vision was probably worse than that.

Vision was a pathetic release. Terrible quality rips of the videos with some shoddy intro to each one. The cover might have been cool but other than that it was a major fail. MJs videos should be released in the highest quality.

Seeing as how new music is no longer the focus, I see no reason why the Estate couldn't/shouldn't remaster all of Michael's short films and put them out on Blu-Ray. It's the easiest possible release.

I can't stand that Refugee remix of BOTDF. That was my main disappointment with Vision (also the little intro to "Rock With You" shortened the drum beats by one bar, I think.) I LOVE the way Vision is packaged and the SOUND is excellent. I'm willing to forgive the visual quality, to get that sound. Everyone always raves on about Blu-Ray, but I don't care much about that. I don't have a Blu Ray player.

Too True,and let's not forget the travesty of the GHOSTS edit !!

A Blu-Ray issue of Michael's short films obviously would be time consuming and rather expensive, but it's a project that would require no true effort beyond gathering the materials and pawning them off to the respective restoration companies, and one that poses the best potential at lasting success, as Michael's short films will always be a point of interest for those discovering/re-discovering his catalog.

The cover was great,I admit..
Didn't realise until I bought it,that every film has a black border on the left and right of the screen,because of Canada apparently,yet it was ok for everyone overseas to watch it like this.
That is how they should be. 4:3 the original aspect ratio so that is how they should be released. Zooming the picture to fill a modern TV screen would be stupidest thing they could do. You would lose part of the picture. You can do that with your DVD player or TV if you want to watch them that way.

Last edited:
A Blu-Ray issue of Michael's short films obviously would be time consuming and rather expensive, but it's a project that would require no true effort beyond gathering the materials and pawning them off to the respective restoration companies, and one that poses the best potential at lasting success, as Michael's short films will always be a point of interest for those discovering/re-discovering his catalog.

Yeah, and that material is not going to last forever.

Back