When one album ends and another starts

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
What do you think of this progression of MJ's works?

Burn This Disco Out - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
The Lady in my Life - Bad
Leave Me Alone - Jam
Dangerous - Scream
Smile - Unbreakable

Isn't it interesting to see the end of one record basically lead into the next?

There is no progression of Michael Jackson's works at all, meaning that the end of one album does not lead into the next album.

For example:

According to the leaked video snippet, when Michael Jackson and Bruce Swedien decided to place 'Jam' as the opening song of the 'Dangerous' album, they did not mention 'Leave Me Alone' at all.

Or, 'The Lady In My Life' and 'Bad' are 2 songs that are totally unrelated in every sense.

Michael Jackson and his team used to place a song (as the opening song of the album) the one that would set the pace for the album.

I don't think Lady in my life was a single ? Not sure. It is pretty unknown to casual MJ fans who are more used to She's Out of My Life and I just cant stop loving you. Heard both those sung live in Glasgow in 1992 , SOOML live sounds incredible just as a side note especially live , whereas i do not like the single / album version.

There is no progression of Michael Jackson's works at all, meaning that the end of one album does not lead into the next album.

For example:

According to the leaked video snippet, when Michael Jackson and Bruce Swedien decided to place 'Jam' as the opening song of the 'Dangerous' album, they did not mention 'Leave Me Alone' at all.

Or, 'The Lady In My Life' and 'Bad' are 2 songs that are totally unrelated in every sense.

Michael Jackson and his team used to place a song (as the opening song of the album) the one that would set the pace for the album.
I disagree.

I don't think Lady in my life was a single ? Not sure. It is pretty unknown to casual MJ fans who are more used to She's Out of My Life and I just cant stop loving you. Heard both those sung live in Glasgow in 1992 , SOOML live sounds incredible just as a side note especially live , whereas i do not like the single / album version.
It wasn't a single, no, but as a song on Thriller, it's still pretty popular. I won't say it's more popular but maybe as popular.

I do love the SOOML Demo as well.

Back