When were these vocals recorded?

dethorro

Proud Member
On the Immortal version of Will You Be There they used a different vocal take for some parts of the first verse.
When were these vocals recorded?
Are they from a different take, recorded on the same day as the one on the album, or a take from 2009 recorded for This Is It (since his voice sounds more mature)?
I know Michael Prince has stated that they started re-recording songs for This Is It that Michael could later lip-sync to (he mentioned WBSS and Stranger In Moscow).
Could Will You Be There have also been one of those songs that they started re-recording but never finished (hence why they only used the different take only for some portions of the verse)?

Just a different vocal take imo. Michael Prince said they started re recording SIM and WBSS and then MJ decided he would just use playback if he needed it instead. I think if it included vocals recorded in his last year it would have been mentioned.

I've always thought that WYBT from Immortal was the 2009 vocal for This Is It but who knows what the actual truth is.

i always was pretty sure this vocal take was from the album recording sessions around 1990.

Where did Michael prince talk about re/recording vocals for this is it? I never knew this

One thing I find interesting is in the Immortal Version in the poetry section he says "my pains", it's also like this in the Memorial Version (Jennifer Hudson).

But in the album version he says "Pain".

Last edited:
Back