Where would MJ have most likely performed in Los Angeles if This Is It became a world tour?

Forum vs Staples Center

• The Forum (aka the KIA Forum)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The STAPLES Center (aka Crypto.Com Arena)

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

KingofPop125

Proud Member
Hi. I’m currently writing fanmade concerts for some of my favorite musicians (I’m autistic, it’s one of my obssessions) and figuring out where I want these concerts to take place (one venue per city). Michael Jackson is one of them, and I’m using what would have been This Is It as reference given it’s ultimate what-could-have-been legacy and the rumors that it would have become a world tour after the residency at the O2 Arena in London.

I want the tour to end at America’s two biggest cities, and my two favorite cities in the world, New York City and Los Angeles.

I wanted only the best venues for my favs including Michael, so Madison Square Garden was a no-brainer for NYC. But LA was much trickier, since it’s often debated in both sports and music which is superior; the Forum or the Staples Center? I have read the pros and cons of each, but I have a hard time choosing. And Michael Jackson rehearsed This Is It at both of them. Which do you think is the most comparable to Madison Square Garden in terms of iconography and quality, would have been best suited for This Is It?

off topic (kind of), but I’m autistic too. only my obsession is michael in the year of 1983💜 (among other things).
can’t really contribute to the thread, but I just wanted to say hi 👋 in acknowledgement.

I'm not autistic but my obsession is Michael Jackson. Like just him in general. I love Applehead

It would only have been Staples Center. AEG were the promoters, The O2 in London is an AEG venue. Staples Center is an AEG venue. The Staples Center is almost exactly the same size and layout as The O2 in London.

When rehearsals moved to the Staple Center, extra tickets were released for each of the London concerts. This is because they used Staples Ceter to finalize the stage layouts for The O2.

I know all this as I experienced it in real time here on MJJC and other forums, I lived in London , some of my friends were in the middle of buying production tickets and I went to The Memorial in Staples Center.

It would only have been Staples Center. AEG were the promoters, The O2 in London is an AEG venue. Staples Center is an AEG venue. The Staples Center is almost exactly the same size and layout as The O2 in London.

When rehearsals moved to the Staple Center, extra tickets were released for each of the London concerts. This is because they used Staples Ceter to finalize the stage layouts for The O2.

I know all this as I experienced it in real time here on MJJC and other forums, I lived in London , some of my friends were in the middle of buying production tickets and I went to The Memorial in Staples Center.
I believe we have a winner in the battle of the Forum vs the Staples Center. You made my decision. Thanks for giving a very informative answer.

I think it's time you guys dropped all these sponsorship names and called each venue by it's actual name. All it does is cause confusion, especially when the name changes every 3 years when they sign a new contract.

Once, in New York, I wasted about half an hour, and had to ask about 10 different people, just because nobody knows what the "Continental Airlines arena" was, lol.

Just pick a name and stick with it. It's embarrassing to talk about the "Salted toffee yum yum McFlurry stadium" or whatever. Ugh.

Back