Which version of "Billie Jean" do you prefer, album cut or 12" long version?

I must admit I am not a fan of the long intros or long outros. - If the end of the songs drags on too long I do not like it very much.

A song can be very long if there are some different parts - many verses, bridges, choruses etc. - but just a long ending with the same beat, same lines repeatet over and over is not for me.

I was just thinking about this the other day, great topic.

I love those adlibs admittedly but I don't know if I'd want to change a thing about Billie Jean. Plus when Mike did it live, it was like a special treat that he was going hard on those adlibs, espicially early Dangerous Tour Mike

I always opt for extended cuts, billie jean the intro as we know it from the album and singles is too short imo, extended the song is epic.
We barely have any extended cuts for any of his songs.

I think most people will opt for the radio cuts though, most attention spans just last for 2 to 4 minutes ;)

It does depend.

Billie Jean Long Version is my version of choice, even though if you prefer better sound quality, the regular length has more choices.

A song like Rock With You had to be full length. I need all of it. And Shake Your Body.

Black or White and Will You Be There, definitely need single cuts though. The latter especially benefits.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', actually has two long a version. The album cut is perfect.

It does depend.

Billie Jean Long Version is my version of choice, even though if you prefer better sound quality, the regular length has more choices.

A song like Rock With You had to be full length. I need all of it. And Shake Your Body.

Black or White and Will You Be There, definitely need single cuts though. The latter especially benefits.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', actually has two long a version. The album cut is perfect.
I agree, i also get obsessed with Bucharest 1992 live version, more like a rock version..
Concerning Black or White, I think Mike should have put forward the African drums MORE on the track

I like the long version best mostly due to the extended intro.
But I must mention Can You Feel It (Jacksons) as I cant listen to
the short version of that one.

Well... slightly off of topic but related: I noticed that, as I almost never listen to most of the big hits anymore (because I've known and heard them for so long) ... nowadays, when I think of Billie Jean ... the lyrics I hear in my head are those from the Pepsi version.
I think that, not considering their meaning, I find those have more energy grip... (not sure how to express this precisely)

Back