Why did Michael always only have 4 back singers ? He could've have used more for MITM for example. Also maybe he could've have more dancers ?

that was part of the show. it happened multiple times during the ‘victory’ tour. it was meant to get a reaction from the crowd - which it did.
really? i thought that it was the only time.

no, it happened on the Dallas show as well. just like the fake argument between the brothers about which songs to sing, on the. ‘triumph’ tour. or michael ‘crying’ during ‘I’ll be there’ and ‘she’s out of my life’.
oh ok

Are u serious????? marlon was doing a somewhat sexy dance onnce and mj was looking at him like WTF????!!
It's part of the show. It's for entertainment. It's not real. He repeats the routine on BWT - at least on the 1987 leg. I haven't seen much of BWT 1988.

that was part of the show. it happened multiple times during the ‘victory’ tour. it was meant to get a reaction from the crowd - which it did.
Exactly so. I can't remember who does it on BWT 1987. Is it Eddie Garcia? I like the way he does it but I prefer Marlon's version, lol. It's a bit cheesy but it's fun and entertaining and kind of cute, in it's own funny little way. I like the way Michael tries to add in extra elements to his shows. They might not always work (imo) but he tries to offer more than just straight up song followed by song followed by song.

Exactly so. I can't remember who does it on BWT 1987. Is it Eddie Garcia? I like the way he does it but I prefer Marlon's version, lol. It's a bit cheesy but it's fun and entertaining and kind of cute, in it's own funny little way. I like the way Michael tries to add in extra elements to his shows. They might not always work (imo) but he tries to offer more than just straight up song followed by song followed by song.
Oh, I had no idea it was done in BWT also!
yes, it is very cheesy, and clearly stages :) Can't say I liked it though, but I like seeing different reactions from MJ, and his expressions was so wonderful ;)

Oh, I had no idea it was done in BWT also!
Yokohama 1987. The silly dance starts at approx 9m 30s. I really like it bc it's so silly and they are enjoying themselves. It's meant to look a little bit crap and very exaggerated so there's no performance pressure, they can relax a bit. Plus, even though it's kinda silly there's a really good groove going on. I mean, nearly 13m of Michael having a blast. Gotta be happy about that. :D

EDIT - @@mjfanatic777
If you haven't watched this I can highly recommend it. 12m 45s but so fabulous!

yes, it is very cheesy, and clearly stages :) Can't say I liked it though, but I like seeing different reactions from MJ, and his expressions was so wonderful ;)
He's having so much fun with his guys! ❤️

Last edited:
At the beginning of the show Dangerous and History, Michael is alone on stage and he gives such a strong drive. His energy is enough to not need additional dancers.
And 4 dancers during the show I think out of habit since the Jackson 5. And they are enough for me.

MJ's stage act remained almost unchanged from his first tours as an adult to the end. The number of dancers and backup singers was probably just based on what the earlier iterations of his stage show had been.

I'm now thinking I prefer Yokohama but is that bc I've watched it loads more than this one? Maybe. I do like this one, though. I love the bit at 6m and then, at 6m 7s when Michael laughs, that is glorious.
michael was loose and free because it was the end of the tour, and his departure from the jacksons as a group. it was portrayed very differently in the. ‘american dream’ movie..

He's been performing with four people for most of his life, so he was just used to it. Very rarely did the Jackson 5 or Jacksons perform as a six-piece group. Even for the most of the Victory tour, they were five members.

I'm fine with it. But if he had a larger group, he could've done incredible things with it.

If he could've worked with this group Jungle period, random plug but, he would've done incredible things just as well:

Back