Why was Someone Put Your Hand Out not on Dangerous

Spaceship

Proud Member
It's def better than forgettable filler like She Drives Me Wild, Can't Let Her Get Away and Keep the Faith what chu think

If I had my way with Dangerous I would have replaced She Drives Me Wild & Gone Too Soon with Blood On The Dancefloor and Someone Put Your Hand Out.

Blood on the Dance Floor wasn't vocally finished

Only the vocals were rerecorded in 1997 because Teddy Riley was reportedly upset that he wasn't called to rework the song

Blood on the Dance Floor wasn't vocally finished

Only the vocals were rerecorded in 1997 because Teddy Riley was reportedly upset that he wasn't called to rework the song
Did he re-record lead vocals in 1997 or additional vocals though? Has it ever been stated exactly what he re-recorded? I remember they had to recreate the entire production because they didn’t have access to the original master but judging by the newly surfaced video where BOTDF was a part of the early track list for dangerous, the Dangerous version must have been far along. BOTDF should have been a top priority for Dangerous. I love Keep The Faith but to make Dangerous even stronger he could have substituted that song with a finished version of Earth Song.

Did he re-record lead vocals in 1997 or additional vocals though? Has it ever been stated exactly what he re-recorded? I remember they had to recreate the entire production because they didn’t have access to the original master but judging by the newly surfaced video where BOTDF was a part of the early track list for dangerous, the Dangerous version must have been far along. BOTDF should have been a top priority for Dangerous. I love Keep The Faith but to make Dangerous even stronger he could have substituted that song with a finished version of Earth Song.
They TRIED to recreate the entire thing, but Mike never liked the sound of the recreations and chose to use the original mixdown from 1991 they were using as a reference.
The reference track is a part of the leaked multitrack if you wanna listen to the OG Dangerous version.

They TRIED to recreate the entire thing, but Mike never liked the sound of the recreations and chose to use the original mixdown from 1991 they were using as a reference.
The reference track is a part of the leaked multitrack if you wanna listen to the OG Dangerous version.
Where can I find those multitracks?

Edit: nvm found them.

Thank you for correcting me on that!

In the leaked video where they pick the songs for dangerous they discussed that the album is too long for the vinyl. So they had to remove songs. Maybe that’s the reason.

In the leaked video where they pick the songs for dangerous they discussed that the album is too long for the vinyl. So they had to remove songs. Maybe that’s the reason.
You wanna answer everything else except my question 🙄

@Mister_Jay_Tee 😜
  • Jam
  • Why You Wanna Trip On Me
  • In The Closet
  • She Drives Me Wild Blood On The Dance Floor
  • Remember The Time
  • Can't Let Her Get Away If You Don't Love Me
  • Heal The World Earth Song
  • Black Or White
  • Who Is It
  • Give In To Me
  • Will You Be There
  • Keep The Faith Someone Put Your Hand Out
  • Gone Too Soon For All Time
  • Dangerous

@Mister_Jay_Tee 😜
  • Jam
  • In The Closet
  • Remember The Time
  • Black Or White
  • Who Is It
  • Give In To Me
  • Will You Be There
  • Dangerous
Bad flow and you've just relegated some good songs to go being album tracks.

The truly funny part is none of the songs y'all are picking on would've been missing. Earth Song would've never made it: Heal The World, She Drives me Wild and Can't Let Her Get Away were all water tight: it's Give in to Me we would've lost. Truly count your eggs before they hatch.

@Mister_Jay_Tee 😜
  • Jam
  • In The Closet
  • Remember The Time
  • Black Or White
  • Who Is It
  • Give In To Me
  • Will You Be There
  • Dangerous
This tracklist is the worst thing mankind could have ever thought of.
Mike would cry.
I would cry.
I am crying.
My children are crying.
They are crying and it's your fault, are you happy?

Ok maybe not that bad but nah i like me normal dangerous thank god that wasn't the tracklist

This tracklist is the worst thing mankind could have ever thought of.
Mike would cry.
I would cry.
I am crying.
My children are crying.
They are crying and it's your fault, are you happy?

Ok maybe not that bad but nah i like me normal dangerous thank god that wasn't the tracklist
Ahhh one of the best albums ever made! let's give 5 minutes of mental labor to change it and the rest of this man's catalogue for all time.

I love Blood, SPYHO, Joy and Earth Song, but I wouldn't change a thing about Dangerous.

The grouping of the songs is brilliant, together they tell a story and take you on a journey. When you view at it like that it flows well

If we got Blood or Earth Song on Dangerous we wouldn't have had those brilliant short films.
So it's good to be fair

1. Jam
2. Why You Wanna Trip on Me
3. Heal the World
4. Someone Put Your Hand Out
5. In the Closet
6. Remember the Time
7. Black or White
8. Who Is It
9. Give in to Me
10. Will You Be There
11. Gone Too Soon
12. Dangerous

If it was my call, I'd cut some of the intro's and outros of several songs down to gain an additional minute or two, and put the song right after Dangerous to end the album. I think it's a beautiful track and would have ended the album perfectly

1. Jam
2. Why You Wanna Trip on Me
3. Heal the World
4. Someone Put Your Hand Out
5. In the Closet
6. Remember the Time
7. Black or White
8. Who Is It
9. Give in to Me
10. Will You Be There
11. Gone Too Soon
12. Dangerous

what do you guys think of my tracklist

If it was my call, I'd cut some of the intro's and outros of several songs down to gain an additional minute or two, and put the song right after Dangerous to end the album. I think it's a beautiful track and would have ended the album perfectly
Michael would've fired yo tale lol.

Back