Wich is the real demo? Hot Street or Slapstick?

Hdmisreal

The toy fan
Country
Chile
I'm sure the slapstick demo is hot street

It sounds much richer instrumental compared to Hot Street, also in the part of the slapstick bridge in Hot Street it is empty following some claps, which basically makes me think that something was being planned for that part (the slapstick bridge).

In addition to the fact that the end of hot street is too empty, no vocal lead and repetition of the bgv...
sounds too incomplete

Also in the ending part on hot street sounds a break on his voice (which clashes with Michael's perfectionism)

I think people think that slapstick is the hot street demo because slapstick was leaked in worse quality.

I want to know, what do you think? What is the real demo?

To me Slapstick has a warmer sound than the song it became. Hot Street almost sounds like a Bad outtake.

It's interesting to me how not only did an unreleased song get leaked but also the demo of it lol. Same for She's Trouble. Does anyone know how the demos got leaked? I don't think there's any other unreleased song where both the demo and the finalized versions leaked.

To me Slapstick has a warmer sound than the song it became. Hot Street almost sounds like a Bad outtake.
You don't think that hot street sounds more like bad era because it has a lower tone than slapstick???

You don't think that hot street sounds more like bad era because it has a lower tone than slapstick???
Hot Street sounds more technical, more synth-driven, that's why I guess it was recorded later. And the lyrics are polished, ready to be released.
But I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Slapstick --> Hot Street; same evolution as Starlight --> Thriller
and if it were Slapstick -- Hot street, why eliminate the bridge that made the song not feel so boring? And why do claps and beatboxes sound in the same part of the bridge on Hot Street, implying that something is missing?

and if it were Slapstick -- Hot street, why eliminate the bridge that made the song not feel so boring? And why do claps and beatboxes sound in the same part of the bridge on Hot Street, implying that something is missing?

A group of Michael Jackson scores for the following songs: "Hot Street" sketch score marked "(Not Used)" and dated "7-20-82"; "Slapstick" sketch score marked "Demo," title is crossed out and "Hot Street"written as the new title , dated "7-12-82"; "She's Trouble" sketch score marked "(Not Used)" and dated "8-3-82"; "Carousel" sketch score marked "(Not Used)" and dated "8-3-82"; "Nightline" sketch score marked "(Not Used)" and dated "8-3-82"; and "Behind the Mask" sketch score marked "(Not Used)."

111588_xl.jpg

A group of Michael Jackson scores for the following songs: "Hot Street" sketch score marked "(Not Used)" and dated "7-20-82"; "Slapstick" sketch score marked "Demo," title is crossed out and "Hot Street"written as the new title , dated "7-12-82"; "She's Trouble" sketch score marked "(Not Used)" and dated "8-3-82"; "Carousel" sketch score marked "(Not Used)" and dated "8-3-82"; "Nightline" sketch score marked "(Not Used)" and dated "8-3-82"; and "Behind the Mask" sketch score marked "(Not Used)."

111588_xl.jpg

ok actually slapstick is the demo and I had absolutely no idea about those sketches.

But why did Michael remove several parts of the song that made it sound more danceable and eliminate the bridge???

Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me.

Because nobody said these leaks from 2002 represent the most polished incarnation of each song. There's definitely way more takes of each than this.

Does anyone know how the demos got leaked? I don't think there's any other unreleased song where both the demo and the finalized versions leaked.
They weren't part of Thriller Special Edition?

They weren't part of Thriller Special Edition?
Nope. Only Carousel was released in 2001, and it was only a 1:51 minute version. Hotstreet, Niteline She's Trouble and the full version of Carousel were leaked online without any authorization.

Nope. Only Carousel was released in 2001, and it was only a 1:51 minute version. Hotstreet, Niteline She's Trouble and the full version of Carousel were leaked online without any authorization.
I thought Carousel was released on the songwriters website semi legibly

I'm sure the slapstick demo is hot street

It sounds much richer instrumental compared to Hot Street, also in the part of the slapstick bridge in Hot Street it is empty following some claps, which basically makes me think that something was being planned for that part (the slapstick bridge).

In addition to the fact that the end of hot street is too empty, no vocal lead and repetition of the bgv...
sounds too incomplete

Also in the ending part on hot street sounds a break on his voice (which clashes with Michael's perfectionism)

I think people think that slapstick is the hot street demo because slapstick was leaked in worse quality.

I want to know, what do you think? What is the real demo?
I understand what you mean, the Slapstick demo also shortens some words; making it sound like it has been recorded later..
According to the sources Slapstick is 'Hot Street's demo though. Maybe that's too bad cause I like Slapstick's energy better and it's also a more original take

Back