You now control the MJ Estate, what's your course of action?

IhateTheMedia

Proud Member
Country
United-States
You can up to 6, your control lasts for the entire year. These would all be official Sony Music / MJ Estate products.
  1. Physical museums established in honor of Michael for fans to visit
  2. Square One is broadcasted on primetime television in the US, along with major streaming networks
  3. Commercial single releases and re-release / proper distribution of the Invincible album
  4. Re-Audit of all past albums and up to date sales certifications in any available market
  5. Thriller is given a big budget marketing campaign during Halloween to massively boost sales
  6. Every month at least one music video is re-aired on primetime TV in the US
  7. Endorsement deals with Pepsi or other corporations involving MJ
  8. 200 Million dollar marketing campaign for the Biopic coming out next year
  9. History statues returned to their original locations / more statues built
  10. Proper fashion / merchandise line that isn't low effort shit
  11. Every concert re-released in HD 4K resolution
  12. Any piece of rehearsal footage properly released uncut on the MJ Youtube Channel
  13. Documentary that highlights his Charity work & humanitarianism is made & aired on primetime TV
  14. Moonwalker video game is remade as a 3D Action game
  15. Unreleased songs get released as commercial singles with actual promotion behind them

Last edited:
Interesting idea! I would probably go with 1, 11, 12, 13, 3.

Destroy the vault, the master tapes, all memorabilia,

Confer with all governments to ban all music throughout the world, except Invincible, the modern Xscape versions, and the Casio songs

Broadcast the MJ hologram on every screen in the world, like 1984

Force all citizens to hold hands across the entire planet, like the real Cry music video

Remaster Billie Jean in 4K.

Is that an option?

To me, the number one priority for the estate, before releasing new stuff would be to preserve his legacy:

1) Remaster in 4K or 1080p all of his short films, put them on YouTube and release them at the same time in a blu-ray box set for the fans. It's mind boggling to me that MJ who was really popular for his groundbreaking short films has them available on terrible looking 480p on YouTube.

2) a release on Blu-ray of one show from each of his tours from Victory onwards in the best available quality, whether it be 1080p or 4K

3) "respectful editions" of his albums, with the original masters of the OG releases of his albums (from off the wall to dangerous), and if they want to add a second disc with new material, it would be great to have demos/alternate versions of tracks from the album.

4) about posthumous albums, if they really want to finish tracks they should have the original producers that worked on them to add some final touches and always add as a bonus the original version of the tracks as MJ left them, similar to what they did with Xscape (it's a real shame they didn't do this for Michael).

Last edited:
I agree with everyone of them EXCEPT 9 & 14. The statues were unnecessary then & I feel asthough they are today. & the moonwalker game thing is kinda outdated. I'm not sure what your vision of the game is but all I can think is sega graphics & that old sound bite. But I'm with you on everything else for sure! I'd love this estate lol

Also, there is something they could have done for the promo of Thriller 40 and Bad 25 that I think is a real missed opportunity:
They could have made edits with the studio footage they had of The Girl Is Mine and I Just Can't Stop Loving You and release them as music videos on YouTube to promote the reeditions.
Also, the I Just Can't Stop Loving You footage was most likely shot to be a music video at the time, because this was clearly a mise en scène since they are not wearing headphones in the footage.

Realize my write. Return Michael's property. Michael, Your home at home? Return the road to Michael's property. There is castle? Refurbishment me home, please, and come.🕌💓

And id hire one of those guys from Wendy's to run the MJ Twitter and stuff. I'm sick of whoever they got rn

Remaking the website is step one.

New music is step two.

Remastering of his short films is step three.

Everything else is kinda irrelevant to me.

Commercial single releases and re-release / proper distribution of the Invincible album
Documentary that highlights his Charity work & humanitarianism is made & aired on primetime TV
Unreleased songs get released as commercial singles with actual promotion behind them

Last edited:
I'd remaster Michael Jackson The Experience for modern consoles. I'm being serious now, I'd do that ASAP. And I'd try to get Planet Michael off the ground.

Also, if I am being serious, I'd hire the group Jungle and their dancers. And I'd let them go nuts.

I might also unifonically hire Tame Impala and let him pick his favorite song to contemporize.

You now control the MJ Estate, what's your course of action?
releasing Michael with Shout, We've Had Enough and Fall Again

1. Release all the short films in HD/4k quality
2. Make the arcade version of Moonwalker available for download on PS5, Xbox Series S/X and Nintendo Switch
3. Look for the best quality 1988 Bad Tour concert and release it. HD/4k would be the most ideal but HQ DVD quality will be fine too
4. Release Moonwalker on Blu Ray/4k with special features included. Audio commentary, behind the scenes footage, making of documentary.
5. Release Ghosts and The Making Of Thriller on Blu Ray/4K.
6. Make HIStory and Blood On The Dance available on vinyl again.

1. Audit all album sales worldwide and US. None of this guessing what each album is at. Let's see what actual sales are.
2. If possible, re-release every music video of Michael's in 4K quality
3. Release next posthumous album of mostly unreleased material....similar to Xscape. Have finished or "contemporized" versions of the tracks to start the album, with Michael's originals included on the back end of the album.
4. DVD release featuring behind the scenes footage of Michael doing what he did best, creating his music. Some of the footage we've gotten over the years is just down right amazing.
5. Release a 2nd DVD featuring his absolute best live moments of his career (award shows, TV specials, concert footage, Super Bowl half time show, etc)
6. Last order of business. I'm righting a wrong from 2001. I'm releasing the song Whatever Happens as a single, with heavy promotion and airplay. Create a new music video (with footage of Michael singing in the studio if any exists). This song is by far the best one from Invincible and had #1 written all over it. it deserves a shot at the top spot (albeit 20+ years later)

IMO you can release that song as is today on Top 40 stations and it would do well.

You can up to 6, your control lasts for the entire year. These would all be official Sony Music / MJ Estate products.
  1. Physical museums established in honor of Michael for fans to visit
  2. Square One is broadcasted on primetime television in the US, along with major streaming networks
  3. Commercial single releases and re-release / proper distribution of the Invincible album
  4. Re-Audit of all past albums and up to date sales certifications in any available market
  5. Thriller is given a big budget marketing campaign during Halloween to massively boost sales
  6. Every month at least one music video is re-aired on primetime TV in the US
  7. Endorsement deals with Pepsi or other corporations involving MJ
  8. 200 Million dollar marketing campaign for the Biopic coming out next year
  9. History statues returned to their original locations / more statues built
  10. Proper fashion / merchandise line that isn't low effort shit
  11. Every concert re-released in HD 4K resolution
  12. Any piece of rehearsal footage properly released uncut on the MJ Youtube Channel
  13. Documentary that highlights his Charity work & humanitarianism is made & aired on primetime TV
  14. Moonwalker video game is remade as a 3D Action game
  15. Unreleased songs get released as commercial singles with actual promotion behind them
i would choose 1, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11 (but i would love all of them :( )

Back