Your favourite Michael 🙂

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
I know, it sounds a little bit weird, but who is your favourite Michael: from Jackson5 (1958-1978), Off the wall (1978-1980), Thriller (1980-1985), Bad (1985-1989), Dangerous (1989-1993), History (1993-1997), BOTDF (1997-1998), Invincible (1998-2005) or This Is It (2005-2009) era? And why do you like him most?

I wonder if you really ask about Michael himself, his character, or if this is the typical question about overall favorite eras. If you mean the second, then it's not really a weird question. The MJ fandom is not the only fandom that has favorite "eras".

My standard answer is normally that Dangerous is my favorite era. And even though it still has a really special place in my heart, I couldn't really decide now. It's probably easier for me to say which eras I don't care as much about. I tend to focus on the J5 era til the Dangerous era at the moment.

If this question really was more about Michael himself:

J5 - Cutie Pie!
Off The Wall - such nice energetic positive vibes. Ray of sunshine!
Thriller - Michael being more reserved, which also makes him seem like the coolest guy ever. King energy
Bad - He gives us "bad boy" fanservice now and dresses even cooler. His mind! Still confirmed cutie pie though. This mixture makes the fans wild lol
Dangerous - feels like the era where he kind of started freeing himself in certain ways. For me it's like this could have been the MJ awakening, I will never stop wondering what could have been, if his career would have continued in a more normal way.
HIStory - Michael finally being tired of bullshit and started being more outspoken. I have to stan!

I also loved his last years (around 2007), he seemed happy again and everything seemed to be possible. "The best is yet to come" :cry:

Any version of Michael before 93 is my favourite. Unfortunately it all went downhill mentally after that.

MJ at his happiest would have prob been Thriller era minus the Pepsi accident - that accident started his use of prescription drugs.

He looked coolest during Bad - Dangerous era (before allegations)

Dangerous without any doubt! He is just gorgeous during this era, BoW, ITC, amazing songs, not to mention the tour! He is really into his element at this point, mature and confident.

My top faves will always be Bad and Dangerous, buuuuut...
  • HIStory has a special place in my heart, since this era was my introduction to Michael when I was very young.
  • Late 70's/Off the Wall era also has a special place in my heart, since it was my first "era crush" when I was a teenager, long before I even considered becoming a fan.
  • I have to agree with @wendijane about mature Michael in glasses!! :love:
  • I WANT TO ADOPT J5 MIKE
Truth be told, while I do have my personal faves, I love every era in its own way.

It depends.

In terms of vocals? Bad era.

In terms of outfits? Thriller and Dangerous. I really like the king/military style outfits from those eras.

In terms of looks? I'd say Bad or Thriller era but I also like This Is It era MJ because I have light skin and long hair myself and looking at some pics from that era is like looking in the mirror lol.

Of course, I could also write a sentence or two (or an essay, tbh) about every era and the things I love about it.

My favourite albums are HIStory and Bad. HIStory lyrics are superior, nothing can beat that in his whole career and it was the first album I really admired as a kid. However, if I am to judge a whole ERA, I am choosing Bad. What makes me love it the most are:

1. The live performances. His vocals are so good. You can clearly see how he loves to move to the songs he is performing. It's his first time to shine as a solo artist, and he does it marvelously. The outfits are nice, I actually prefer them over any other tour outfits. The setlist satisfies my needs, too. He seems so happy on stage on BWT. Full of energy. Extremely beautiful. The grandeur of the tour knocks me off all the time.
    9c2f3e9de79be1cfdd9f75d378a4bd51.jpg

2. I love every song on the album. I think it's one of the pillars of pop music. I love the fierceness of the opening track, the catchiness of The Way You Make Me Feel, the immersion of Speed Demon, the sexiness of Liberian Girl, the danceability of Just Good Friends, the funkiness of Another Part of Me, the lyrics of Man in the Mirror, the power of I Just Can't Stop Loving You, the vocal performance and storytelling of Dirty Diana, the creativity and unforgettableness of Smooth Criminal, and the anger and confrontation of Leave Me Alone.
    e84830dabc9e4d742166ed990d906817.gif

3. Thriller, Dangerous, HIStory, and BOTDF eras have respectively one music video I lose my shit about. In the Bad era, all of the music videos are masterpieces. Smooth Criminal, a.k.a. my sexual awakening and the best choreography in the world. Leave Me Alone has been mindblowing to me for 14 years now. Dirty Diana, The Way You Make Me Feel, Bad (I guess I can add Come Together to the list) - marry me now.
    d3cbed018090e01b2aac7c4fcf52fb88.jpg

4. Subjectively, Bad era Mike is just sooo attractive. He looks more confident than ever. His outfits and accessories - iconic. I have a crush on the hairstyle, too. A massive one!
    9f34c044be09434e1a5cfc817c9e0057.jpg

5. There was a lot of Bubbles content and I want to become Bubbles' babysitter.
    88c20e2f30e4a893dce812f274a7c472.jpg

Last edited:
Of course, I could also write a sentence or two (or an essay, tbh) about every era and the things I love about it.

My favourite albums are HIStory and Bad. HIStory lyrics are superior, nothing can beat that in his whole career and it was the first album I really admired as a kid. However, if I am to judge a whole ERA, I am choosing Bad. What makes me love it the most are:

1. The live performances. His vocals are so good. You can clearly see how he loves to move to the songs he is performing. It's his first time to shine as a solo artist, and he does it marvelously. The outfits are nice, I actually prefer them over any other tour outfits. The setlist satisfies my needs, too. He seems so happy on stage on BWT. Full of energy. Extremely beautiful. The grandeur of the tour knocks me off all the time.
    9c2f3e9de79be1cfdd9f75d378a4bd51.jpg

2. I love every song on the album. I think it's one of the pillars of pop music. I love the fierceness of the opening track, the catchiness of The Way You Make Me Feel, the immersion of Speed Demon, the sexiness of Liberian Girl, the danceability of Just Good Friends, the funkiness of Another Part of Me, the lyrics of Man in the Mirror, the power of I Just Can't Stop Loving You, the vocal performance and storytelling of Dirty Diana, the creativity and unforgettableness of Smooth Criminal, and the anger and confrontation of Leave Me Alone.
    e84830dabc9e4d742166ed990d906817.gif

3. Thriller, Dangerous, HIStory, and BOTDF eras have respectively one music video I lose my shit about. In the Bad era, all of the music videos are masterpieces. Smooth Criminal, a.k.a. my sexual awakening and the best choreography in the world. Leave Me Alone has been mindblowing to me for 14 years now. Dirty Diana, The Way You Make Me Feel, Bad (I guess I can add Come Together to the list) - marry me now.
    d3cbed018090e01b2aac7c4fcf52fb88.jpg

4. Subjectively, Bad era Mike is just sooo attractive. He looks more confident than ever. His outfits and accessories - iconic. I have a crush on the hairstyle, too. A massive one!
    9f34c044be09434e1a5cfc817c9e0057.jpg

5. There was a lot of Bubbles content and I want to become Bubbles' babysitter.
    88c20e2f30e4a893dce812f274a7c472.jpg
Wow. You are so good in describing Michael's advantages. That was really nice to read your thoughts. You are definitely a talented person

Back