Your most relatable Michael songs--Discussion

I like reading these different interpretations of Human Nature! For me personally, it's such a special song, an absolute favorite - and although lyrics are always very important to me - in this case, I connect more with the overall vibe this song gives me..
I know what you mean with regards to the vibe of the song. I think Human Nature is a track with a lot of depth to it, musically. Generally speaking I connect mainly with the music itself first and foremost (though I can certainly enjoy good lyricism too). Human Nature is one of those songs that just musically speaking can strike a lot of different chords. It has this amazing atmospheric vibe (no wonder this tune has always been popular among jazz artists), but like you say, there is a certain vulnerability and yearning in it. And then there's also the final few bars: the ending, which is quite a sudden twist, always sounded somewhat ominous to me.

The same goes for MITM, for instance. Its lyrics are more straightforward, a call for action/self-improvement. But there's also a lot of melancholy in it musically imo. And there's that element of overcoming adversity that this song expresses so well (no surprise given the gospel elements). The way the tension builds to the chorus (from around 1.55 in the song) and then releases (around 2.15) is like climbing a mountain and reaching the top. It just gets me every time.

For All Time- My wife
You Are My Life- My daughters
Blue Gangsta- ex wife

Man In The Mirror - The first song I heard that had a deep message. I really can connect to it, I love it.
Dangerous - Michael was always right!
I'm so Blue - I can relate to it for obvious reasons. I felt that Michael was with me whenever I needed him, to help me and tell me that everything will be ok. He will live forever.

Back