OTW 30 - artists to rework classic tracks

mjdatabank

Proud Member
Hi Everyone,

According to Sony Music, here are the names of some of the artists who may work on remixes / new versions of classic MJ tracks to appear on the OFF THE WALL 30 CD.

J. TIMBERLAKE
RIHANNA
JAY-Z
AMY WINEHOUSE

opinions, suggestions, thoughts: here we go !

Last edited:
I hope that this isn't true. I really don't want Off The Wall 30th anniversary album. If they do an Off The Wall 30 album then they'll have to do a Bad 25 album in 2012, a Dangerous 15 album in 2010, a HIStory 15 album in 2010, and an Invincible 10 album in 2011 to make things fair.

Last edited:
I hope that this isn't true. I really don't want Off The Wall 30th anniversary album. If they do an Off The Wall 30 album then they'll have to do a Bad 25 album in 2012, a HIStory 15 album in 2010, and an Invincible 10 album in 2011 to make things fair.

Agree, seems that sony, epic, legacy or whoever it is, are spending som small change money to re-package instead of a full new MJ album wich they know will cost hell of a lot to produce, promote etc.... This sucks.

i wouldnt mind...but id prefer some new MICHAEL! lol

Yeah we all prefer a new album, that's for sure; but I don't mind OTW 30 either, the Amy Winehouse thing might be interesting after her unforgettable take on Beat It lol

I mean I do want OTW 30 CD, but I just wish they come out a New MJ CD this year lol.

please peole, note that this post is not about OTW30 Vs the new album.
OTW 30 is a reality, it's a back catalog project with hopefully new content to please the fans and the public.

That would be interesting to know what artists you think should work on OTW30.

Seems to be a re-hash of what happened with Thriller. Although I welcome a re-release with new remixes I would really prefer a new album.

There must be a reason for this.
I mean other than the fact that it's the 30th anniversary of OTW.
Maybe this is a way to apease fans and the general public until MJ is in
a position to release a new CD.
Nonetheless, MJTribute has stated that it's in the works already, so.....

I'm amazed when I think about it's been 30 years since OTW. WoW.

thats a new concept i dont think. same ole. how about vince 8. nice to know we have this to look forward to lol someones having a laugh

I think that would be awesome
rather than just a re-release of the originals
add some covers and mixes - Amy winehouse
would be very interesting. I wonder what song
she would sing :)

Last edited:
Sounds good to me, interested in hearing the Timberlake and Winehouse versions/remixes.. What songs do we think will be selected? DSTYGE, RWY are obvious choices.. I would love to hear a re-work of Workin' Day and Night and GIRLFRIEND!

Justin Timberlake to do MJ songs.

That's what he has done all his carrier, only difference is this time it will be original MJ songs! :lol: It could be intresting though, would maybe introduce MJ to the younger generation. Timberlake's fan base is mostly 10-year old girls isn't it?? :)

Sounds good to me, interested in hearing the Timberlake and Winehouse versions/remixes.. What songs do we think will be selected? DSTYGE, RWY are obvious choices.. I would love to hear a re-work of Workin' Day and Night and GIRLFRIEND!

I agree very much that it would be nice if they decided to re-work some of the more unknown songs, BUT I wouldn't like them to redo Girlfriend. It's originally a Paul McCartney song, so I would rather if they did Workin Day And Night, It's the falling in love or Off the Wall.

helll pls no justin timberlake. :( i dislike him..
why do they have to rework a classic album?
i thought MJ has had enough to mess around with thriller but now off the wall.
what's wrong with MJ?

stop finding excuse for MJ already, fans had been saying the same thing with thriller 25.
if i see justin timberlake on an MJ's album. i swear i'm done with MJ.

to make money and nothing more seeing as mj isnt doing anything and god knows how long it will be b4 he does

I wouldn't have a problem with this, but I would if they didn't do a Bad 25 because of a Thriller 30 instead on the same year. >:-(

But thats what fans thought about thiller 25...

stop finding excuse for MJ already, fans had been saying the same thing with thriller 25.
if i see justin timberlake on an MJ's album. i swear i'm done with MJ.
Child please. You dont know me AT ALL! I'm the last person to make excuses for MJ or anybody else for that matter.

What does it matter that JT or whomever is on the next CD?
Why dont you just wash your hands of MJ NOW then??
to make money and nothing more seeing as mj isnt doing anything and god knows how long it will be b4 he does
Money will always be a factor in the picture, but we can be almost
sure that he's working on something....regardless to when it may come out. Which in turn, does us no good.
GOLDSPACESUIT451779356 said:
But thats what fans thought about thiller 25...
Yah, I l know.

Dam all of yall gonna jump me!!! Lol!!

I think that putting new remixes on an album devalues the original. Nobody else does that. Some other acts albums that have been remastered might have unreleased tracks or B-sides from the same time period put on it, that's ok. If you're going to have remixes, at least use versions released at the time of the original album release and just release any new remixes on a maxi single or a separate remix album like the Isley Brothers & Kool & The Gang did or those Motown/Verve remix albums.

Child please. You dont know me AT ALL! I'm the last person to make excuses for MJ or anybody else for that matter.

What does it matter that JT or whomever is on the next CD?
Why dont you just wash your hands of MJ NOW then??

Money will always be a factor in the picture, but we can be almost
sure that he's working on something....regardless to when it may come out. Which in turn, does us no good.

Yah, I l know.

Dam all of yall gonna jump me!!! Lol!!

nobody should jump you. MJ is about patience and quality. and he'll always have a fanbase, fans may go, but others do come. and many return. it's hard to excape quality. i prefer it to the fast moving ish i hear on the radio. nobody is patient there, and more often than not, you hear the results. as far as these rereleases, i'm sure they are sony's idea, and not MJ's.

I think we should be happy that we can get this extra album, I mean, no doubt we're gonna get a new album also :yes: But just look at this as a gift to the fans. Im looking forward to see their work, in case its true.

nobody should jump you. MJ is about patience and quality. and he'll always have a fanbase, fans may go, but others do come. and many return. it's hard to excape quality. i prefer it to the fast moving ish i hear on the radio. nobody is patient there, and more often than not, you hear the results. as far as these rereleases, i'm sure they are sony's idea, and not MJ's.

You're right. Thanks Vince.

And I'm sure, as well.

Yeah, let's take a bunch of flash in the pan crappy artists of today and have them remake Mike's Great songs. Sounds like a wonderful idea.

Great way to make money. Good Idea PH-ony! Keep up the good work. We can always count on you to keep rereleasing the old albums over and over and over again. And we'll keep buying them. Here's to YESTERYEAR!!

... I'm not touching another PHony rerelease. they can rerelease the hell out of every album. I do not care to support the fat cats on Wall St. Sorry.

Mike, you'll always have my support.

My advice to all the fans: The day you stop buying these rereleases will be the day PHONY finally gives Mike back his masters. Quit buying the rereleases. If you want anothe copy of OTW, buy the original. Don't buy the rerelease. We don't need another Akon remake of ANY Mike song, EVER. We don't need technofied Justin singing Mike's songs either.

I think its an awesome idea it Will open these classics
up to a new generation _ and strengthen Michaels fan base

Its a wise decision on MJ's part regardless of your personal preference
in other artists - the originals will still be intact and the other artists will
be introducing MJ music to their fan base and gain more fans for MJ _
The young uns need to be Michaelized :LOL: and understand that he is
respected by these artists -

IT's ALL GOOD :) no reason to complain
I would love to see "Off The Wall" brought to the forfront again for this generation

I definitely don't have no problem of waitin' for the new album, and ecspecailly when he is tryin' to make a big comeback for us. That does take patients to do. I'll just be happy for OTW 30 CD, just like Thriller 25.:)

Back