Merged - AEG Live: Potential Three-year World Tour and Release of New Album

BillieJeanBoy

Proud Member
Hey Guys for people like me that live and the U.S. and can't afford to go to the UK, here is some GREAT NEWS I found from http://mjjr.net

:clapping:

While many fans expressed concerns today over Michael Jackson's remarks that "This Is It!" as far as performances in London go, Randy Phillips of AEG Live confirmed to the media that this is likely just the first step in what could evolve into a three-year worldwide tour and the release of a brand new music album. "Surviving the press conference was the first step. We’ve a three-year plan for Michael Jackson and if it all goes well we will gross $400 million (£280 million) in total." Phillips added that Michael Jackson stands to earn "probably something pretty close to £50 ($70.5) million for the London shows." Future concerts may be held in New York, Paris and Mumbai." Again, only the first 10 concerts in London have been confirmed as of now.

With regards to the concerts themselves, Phillips promises that they will be two-hour "all-singing and all-dancing spectaculars" and gave ticket estimates of £50 ($70.50) to £75 ($105). Due to reportedly high demand, presale information has not yet been made publicly available.

"There is still much more to come from Michael Jackson. My passion for music has never stopped." - Michael Jackson (2008)

Re: AEG Live: Potential Three-year World Tour and Release of New Album

This is amazing news, im praying that its true.

I just cant wait till july t0 see him do all the greats and we get to pick , How mad is that ? OMG ,

I hope it's true too! And it's possible if it comes from the President of AEG's mouth.. I'm gonna hope there;s gonna be more locations.. and where there's a chance I can go.

This is it Concerts Info+Possible 3-year Tour

Listen to this from Wikipedia!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_It_(Michael_Jackson_concerts)

This Is It is a series of 10 upcoming concert performances by Michael Jackson, scheduled to begin on July 8, 2009, at the O2 Arena in London. The shows, his first significant concert events since the HIStory World Tour in 1997, have been cited as one of the year's most important musical events.[1][2] Each of shows has a maximum capacity of 23,000.[3] Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live stated that the 10 dates would earn the singer approximately £50 million Euro dollars and $62 Million US dollars. With a three year contract plan If all goes well he will earn $400 million dollars for three years.

(More Info on link above)

Re: This is it Concerts Info+Possible 3-year Tour

ur late this is being discussed sumwhere on here already lol

ooooooooh thank you soo much!! :D

It made my day!

Well you know that this is a very likely possibility, in the least, since it's coming direct from the President of the promotion company. That's the plan, depending on how well the attendence for these upcoming shows performs, which you know is going to be a record breaking sell out.

if this is true i'm going to Paris! :) thnx for the info

how can we make sure, it is offical and 100% will occure?

It came frm Times and I hope its true and really if we think tht these 10 concerts are last frm Michael Jackson then it will be stupid.MJ and organisers understand this fact that Mike is loved all around the world.Just doin 10 shows in London will be like betraying fans in the other parts of the world who cant afford to go in O2 concerts.I see World Tour coming soon..I always believed that just doin O2 is not Michael Jackson I know..He is habitual of doin things in big way,just doin O2 is very much low standard thing..He sets the standard and if this man is doin just O2 then I dont know what other artists will do maybe die in gutter if MJ does these little things..

MJ WILL BE COMING HERE TO INDIA:punk:..

JUST MATTER OF TIME BUT I THINK I CAN WAIT:timer:

London is very far from me too and 10 concerts are just not enought for how many fans world wide Michael has!

I pray to God this is true. :wub: I have a theory that this was just a publicity stunt.. Like, how many around the world wouldnt do anything to see Michael Jacksons last concerts? Then after the shows, he could go on. I just pray his gonna release a new album, that was what I was most excited about in the very beginning.

don't think world tour.. maybe 4-5 hotspots in the world.

india, united states, asia/australia area, paris.. maybe.

my opinion anyway.

Well..if we know what these two words "Michael Jackson" means then we can expect anything but Michael Jackson's anything is really so big thing..Im sure he will want to surprass his 4.5 million viewers record of his own.Michael Jackson set standard and if he is out for something trust me he will do it in the best way he can and World Tour is most likely to take place.Just doin few stops will not satisfy his desire to put the best show to the whole world.Anyway it will be so early to predict so many things..But hopes are high cuz its Michael Jackson :punk:

But... but... he said "this is it"! My poor little heart broke! :boohoo

I hope this is true! :boohoo

:angel:

:cheeky:This is it for LONDON,not for the rest of the world..lol

But we shud :angel:.He will do one more World Tour:yes:

At first I thought this too but now I understand ... "This is it" mean really this will be his last tour but after London, if this news is true, he will perform in other countries! I think this will really be his last tour but he will give his goodbye to his fans in other countries too!

I'm too much happy!!!!! THIS IS IT!! Thank you MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhh...if its true i will be very relieved. I hope there's someone can ask his PR or manager...on behalf of his poor overseas fans, whether he will do other tours or not? >"< its really hard for us who have to save money to be able to go to the concert...if we skip O2 concert because we think that he'll do concert in other countries then its not....we'll be so dead. hiks!

Oh michael...why you have to be so mysterious

I think it's his final concert >"<
You know, he's now 50 and 10 shows r too enough for him to sing and dance >"<
I just want him to live healthily >< He has made a big contribution to the entertainment
And I think it should be the last concert before he leave his career T_T
Sorry for saying such a perssimistic thing like that T_T But I just worried about his health, really I do ><
Anyway, keep praying that he would BE STRONG to do the concert well!

Michael Jackson is 50 so what, I don't see 10 shows as too much for him. Fans should'nt buy in the pathetic media speculation about Michael being frail and in ill health. They are full of crap, and in today's Daily Mail they said Michael was trembling on stage at the O2, and that is a big lie. Michael is still fit and healthy, Prince played 21 Nights at the O2 when he was 49yrs old, and Mick Jagger's still doing world tours in his 60's and Michael will prove his pathetic critics and doubters wrong.

I view Michael's saying "This Is It", the final curtain call of him playing London again nothing more than PR. All artists do this at some stage in there career, and Michael did his when he was doing the Bad Tour saying it was his final ever tour and it wasn't.

AEG Live are also quoted as saying, "single releases and a 3D Film based on Thriller" :angel:

This is it for performances in London guys not for music and possibly not for the rest of the world!

July! WHY JULY?! NOOOOOOOO!!

LOL.jk.:cheeky: But seriously, NOT FAIR!:cry: I'm not scheduled to redeploy back to the states until several months after that. TT__TT Maaaan. Well, it makes me sad to know I won't be there, but I'm glad to know that MJ will be out there struttin' his stuff again at least one more time. 'Sides, I' sure I won't be the only youtube jockey out there after the concerts are done.lol

thanks for the rumor news..

oh god, i was so sad yesterday, about the 'this is it' he said.

but, there is maybe a hope still..

oh man -.-

Back