UPDATE : JFF to Remember MJ @ Anniversary Celebration Event / Not Estate Approved / $75 for Fans

MsMo

Proud Member
UPDATE: Fans can get discount code from fan club(s) for $75 tickets

Joseph strikes again...???

Michael Jackson's legacy continues to live on.

On the one-year anniversary of the King of Pop's death, the Jackson Family Foundation will be presenting "Forever Michael," a red carpet celebration event featuring performances honoring the late singer.

"The vision is to bring together Michael Jackson family members, celebrities, fans, supporters and the community to celebrate and honor his legacy," says VoicePlate Productions, the company producing the June 26 event at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.

The party will be open to the public – $500 for VIP tickets and $250 for general admission can be purchased on VoicePlate.com.

http:http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20391567,00.html//

Last edited:
Re: Jackson Family to Remember Michael at Anniversary Celebration Event

Thanks for posting! Wishing I could attend. *sigh*

"Forever Michael" Celebration

June 25, 2010, The Jackson Family Foundation in conjuction with VoicePlate Productions presents "Forever Michael."

This Red Carpet event will be a dedication for Mr. Michael Jackson, the greatest entertainer/humanitarian in the world and of all times. The vision is to bring together Michael Jackson family members, celebrities, fans, supporters and the community to celebrate and honor his legacy. A portion of the proceeds for this event will benefit the Jackson Family Foundation.

---------------------------------------------------------

Okay let's play our usual game : Will the estate take action or not?

June 25, 2010, The Jackson Family Foundation in conjuction with VoicePlate Productions presents "Forever Michael."

This Red Carpet event will be a dedication for Mr. Michael Jackson, the greatest entertainer/humanitarian in the world and of all times. The vision is to bring together Michael Jackson family members, celebrities, fans, supporters and the community to celebrate and honor his legacy. A portion of the proceeds for this event will benefit the Jackson Family Foundation.

---------------------------------------------------------

Okay let's play our usual game : Will the estate take action or not?

His estate needs to fall back its not that serious let the man Family represent him that's how i personally feel about it they so quick to jump on people The Jacskons have the right to show love MJJ was there family memeber ya dig they feeling hurt and pain along with us there actions at times might not be at best but he's family

it would be nice if they could have a free event, so it wouldn't be so easy to question the motives.

again, they are using MJ's image & name without approval

After comparing $250 ticket cost for this event to an actual Michael Jackson concert ticket cost, it doesn't seem appropriate to me.

Sad. Sad.

This sounds more like Randy than Joseph. He plugged it during his X17 interview today.

This will not end well. They are trying to push the estate...think it might look bad if the executors stopped the family from using MJ's name & image. They want to make the executors look like the bullies.

When in fact, the family is breaking the law...and they are going against MJ's wishes.

Can we find out who is behind VoicePlate Productions?

it would be nice if they could have a free event, so it wouldn't be so easy to question the motives.

Ya but it if it wasn that expensive everybody and I mean EVERYBODY will come! right? I know I would! haha! well, instead of going to see these people sing MJ's songs, I think on that day I will actually watch MJ and listen to him! I would much rather do that :)

Its too expensive. It makes it seem like its all about the money being brought in.

June 26, 2010, The Jackson Family Foundation in conjuction with VoicePlate Productions presents "Forever Michael."

NO INFORMATION about the real event, what it would be about, nothing BUT.... ticket prices and, by the way:

TICKETS ARE NON REFUNDABLE.

great

:mello:

well... I am happy this not even close to my reach, so I don't have to decide on going or not -_-

a portion of the proceeds will go to the Jackson family Foundation....the other portion will be fought over between Joe and Randy....it never ends...

When will they stop thinking of michael in terms of money
this is damn too expensive,honouring of legacy my foot,it's just another quick money making scheme using michaels name.

The name Jackson Family Foundation makes it sounds like a non profit organization.

That family is really something...WOW. Just when you thought you'd seen & heard it all...

Last edited:
Re: Forest Lawn says Fans welcome w/ some alterations of what's permitted

Ivy, correct me if I am wrong...technically, they are not breaking any law by throwing this red carpet event. As long as they are not using any copyrighted material without permission.

Let's see how many bite. I am thinking Randy is behind this red carpet show....

I just don't understand what's the idea of doing this kind of things. They want people to buy tickets for... what???? C'mon!!! I guess we have learned a lesson back in 2009, with "the Vienna issue".

seriously :doh:
250$ for what ,to see bunch of losers parading them self .
i really hope that katherine is going to keep mj3 out of this mess and estate needs to come hard on joe and randy.those two are trying to push every button of estate and acting as saint in front of fans .

:bugeyed

Wow, I do not know what to say. I doubt it will happen. The tickets are expensive. :doh: Let's wait and see if the State approved it. :unsure:

seriously :doh:
250$ for what ,to see bunch of losers parading them self .
i really hope that katherine is going to keep mj3 out of this mess and estate needs to come hard on joe and randy.those two are trying to push every button of estate and acting as saint in front of fans .

Totally random, but I just love when I see fans refer to Mike's kids as MJ3. It's so cute haha! I wonder if those kids know how much love their dad passed down to them. Do they know how strong the MJ fan base is? haha!

I just don't understand what's the idea of doing this kind of things. They want people to buy tickets for... what???? .

They want the public to pay for the museum, and then the

public to pay again to see the museum.

I think.

It's either that, or Joseph Jackson is too intelligent for me

to comprehend.

Totally random, but I just love when I see fans refer to Mike's kids as MJ3. It's so cute haha! I wonder if those kids know how much love their dad passed down to them. Do they know how strong the MJ fan base is? haha!

i know right :) they have all love and support from fans ,they are his true legacy that's what i think

yup i want to know that also ivy.
and what happened to Indiana event ?......because rebbie was suppose to there to promote that event but she canceled and now they announced this new red carpet.
i think randy and joe keep working on new themes what a shame ,still some fan don't understand why Michael kept his distance :thinking:

Ivy, correct me if I am wrong...technically, they are not breaking any law by throwing this red carpet event. As long as they are not using any copyrighted material without permission.

Let's see how many bite. I am thinking Randy is behind this red carpet show....

yup i want to know that also ivy.
and what happened to Indiana event ?......because rebbie was suppose to there to promote that event but she canceled and now they announced this new red carpet.
i think randy and joe keep working on new themes what a shame ,still some fan don't understand why Michael kept his distance :thinking:

hard to say for certain

now rules of thumb is this

- you can't use a celebrity's name and image to sell anything -- the belt definitely fall under this category

- you can use a celebrity's name for educational or informational reasons (to inform, educate or express an opinion) - such as I can shoot a documentary and call it "the truth about Michael Jackson"

Now this can fall under the "informational" rule meaning that they are using "Michael Jackson" name to inform people that this is an event about Michael Jackson.

However there's also money involved (charging $250 to $500 per person - most probably making a profit), that could give the estate a legal standing.. Or they could add a disclaimer to it such as "this money is for room and board and the event is free kind" of thing.

I must add that I don't know whether there's a specific rule, exclusion about celebrations, memorials, anniversaries, dedications for celebrities.

hard to say for certain

now rules of thumb is this

- you can't use a celebrity's name and image to sell anything -- the belt definitely fall under this category

- you can use a celebrity's name for educational or informational reasons (to inform, educate or express an opinion) - such as I can shoot a documentary and call it "the truth about Michael Jackson"

Now this can fall under the "informational" rule meaning that they are using "Michael Jackson" name to inform people that this is an event about Michael Jackson.

However there's also money involved (charging $250 to $500 per person - most probably making a profit), that could give the estate a legal standing.. Or they could add a disclaimer to it such as "this money is for room and board and the event is free kind" of thing.

I must add that I don't know whether there's a specific rule, exclusion about celebrations, memorials, anniversaries, dedications for celebrities.

thank u ivy,i really hope estate will do take some strong action about it.

Urgh it didn't cost me that much more to see Michael in concert. It's too expensive and it's shameful the way they keep using Michael's name for money. His name should be used for the benefit of his children, Katherine in her lifetime and charities as his will dictates. That is what he wanted, not for his dad and brothers to make a quick buck. Branca and McClain will put a stop to this like they have Joes other 'family' ventures.

I guess I just don't understand those ppl. This event only reminds me of "Have a dinner with Joe Jackson", if I'm correct, there was something like that before the premiere of the movie "This is it".
They can do what they want, organize tributes that never happen, organize fanventions, which most of the fans can even afford, they can expose monuments with E'cas instead of Michael on it, they can organize red carpet events... I really don't care. I am just sad. It's so totally opposite to what Michael have been doing all his life long. It just feels so wrong.

The party will be open to the public – $500 for VIP tickets and $250 for general admission can be purchased on VoicePlate.com.
LOL
i was gonna ask are they charging . silly question.whats the jackson foundation. joes wages until he can get something out of the estate.

"To honor the singer" my ass. This phrase and the likes of "to keep his legacy alive" get thrown around too damn much, when events like this pop up and it's all about money in the end. Ugh, I'm sick and tired of the abuse. Yeah, "abuse", I said it.

Last edited:

It sounds nice but wow is that expensive.

It's all about the money these days...shame. :no:
Is this for sure happening though?

I can't even get angry about this ish anymore...just incredibly sad. :(

Back