UPDATE : JFF to Remember MJ @ Anniversary Celebration Event / Not Estate Approved / $75 for Fans

Re: Jackson Family to Remember Michael at Anniversary Celebration Event

I think this is all for money, they don't know when stop

well said. It sums it up when his own family have acted no better than haters since june 25th. But like others say mj knew what would happen and thats why he created his will and trust as it was. And why he stayed away from them in life.its just a shame we all have to be here to suffer what they are doing. At least mj cant see it but i fear for the kids being brainwashed as you say. If only we could turn the clock forward till the eldest are 18-20 so they can get away from the influence of others do they dont grow up thinking there dad was a druggie and they owe the rest of the family a living.
very true elusive :(

This comment left on people's site pretty much sums up my feelings about this:

Some unknown company is having a 'red carpet' celebration for the 1 year anniversary of the death of the 'Angel in our Lives' , and FANS can go -- IF they PAY $250.00?? Yeah, I'm sure Michael is Smilin down on them for this one!! HA!!!

And Inviting so-called 'celebrities' ? Are these the same 'celebrities' that went to the premier of "This Is It" crying and proclaiming their LOVE & GRIEF for MICHAEL? --- The same ones who, when asked by Michael's Attorney to come to Court on his Behalf, wanted NOTHING to do with him and turned their backs to him?

I will be Celebrating my Angel's Life with other FANS, Real People who still Grieve & Will Love & Defend Michael to ETERNITY!
Amen.

What amazes me is that these events are planned to include Michael's fans. But no one from the family seems to be interested in finding out what most of Michael's fans really want.

Most of Michael's fans DO NOT:
want to see celebrities.
want to hear other people sing his songs.
want to chat with people who claim they knew him.

Most of Michael's fans DO:
want to see Michael up on a huge screen while his music plays... non-stop.
want to talk to fans from around the world, take pictures, laugh, dress up like Michael. (all free)
enjoy seeing a few really good, respectful MJ impersonators have a contest or something.
want to have a chance to buy some great MJ items a really reasonable prices.
want to remember Michael with song, laughter, and a few tears and go home feeling ready to take on the 2nd year without him.

This does not cost $250.

If I missed anything, please add.

What amazes me is that these events are planned to include Michael's fans. But no one from the family seems to be interested in finding out what most of Michael's fans really want.

want to see celebrities.

want to talk to fans from around the world, take pictures, laugh, dress up like Michael. (all free)
enjoy seeing a few really good, respectful MJ impersonators have a contest or something.
want to remember Michael with song, laughter, and a few tears and go home feeling ready to take on the 2nd year without him.

This does not cost $250.

:) u got it all.

want to see celebrities.

This does not cost $250.

One thing that came up to my mind when I was reading your "Fans Do Not" list:

- Need any red carpets to enter any events.

In my opinion "from fans to fans" parties are always the best and most successful parties, because they're all about pure love for MJ and fans having fun and enjoying the time together.

Just found on Facebook
Mjs UnitedNation: Hey family just to let you. I just spoke to one of the Jackson reps about the event on the 26th of June with the Jacksons. The price listed on the site is not the price for the fans that is a corporate price. The fans will receive a discount code to get their tickets. When I get more info I will be sure to let you know. Have a good day :)

^That sounds reasonable for the fans, but then again anyone can claim to be a fan and get a code for a discounted ticket :mellow:

The price on the website is reduced to $150. Plus you need to pay for food, drinks and gift bags.

The price on the website is reduced to $150. Plus you need to pay for food, drinks and gift bags.

Err, you have to pay for a gift bag???? I think this is just getting more weird. I don't think it will happen.

However I love the idea of a fan party just like sfosteredi described, now that would be fun :yes:

$150 is still a lot of money, plus food and drink. As Reeta said the best events were always run by fans for the fans. You get together, have a laugh, dance to Michael, and you're all unite because of the love for Michael. Its just such an amazing atmosphere and we can have an MJ party anywhere, we don't need a red carpet to be able to honour Michael.

To me it all sounds very rushed, and why such short notice, most fans would have to save to go over for it. It's all unfair.

oh wow they are being real generous this time around..

^ I wouldn't go for free.

I don't need the Jacksons to remember MJ. And I certainly don't need "other so-called celebs" to reminisce on who & what we have all lost.

God bless MJ's 3 beloved children.

I want to once again reiterate that I just hate this family- every single one of them from Joe to Rebbie and all the way down to Janet.:evil:

And Michael must have felt a complete distrust in all of them since he distanced himself from them a long time ago, and good for Michael!!

The problem with Katherine is that she is too weak (not strong like many think) to stand up to Joe and the rest of the family to stop with all the schemes.

If they were truly trying to honor Michael and his legacy rather than making money for themselves, then they would get together with the estate and plan something appropriate for Michael that would raise funds for the museum honoring Michael and money for the charities Michael wanted. Something completely above board. But since this is not the case all these "events" are simply a way for them to pocket the money, imo.

One thing about Katherine though is that she finally did stand up to Joe and stopped this nonsense of trying to run the estate. (I truly believe it was Joe behind the scenes telling Katherine what to do), now I'm hoping she can stop these money making schemes, although I doubt it because it benefits her other kids. sigh

As for MJ3- I love those kids and I pray they will be strong and carry on Michaels teachings and not get polluted with the "other family".

Okay - sorry- I needed to vent. Feel better now.

KATHERINE always supports JOE. She chooses him everytime. But KATHERINE knows how to jump ship when her livelihood is at stake.

I agree the JACKSONS should stop the embarassing money making schemes to line their pockets. And focus on endeavers that enhances MJ'S legacy.

The kids work with the handicapped dog was a lovely deed that got positive feedback every where. Hoped the JACKSONS would guide the kids towards more humanitarian efforts like the earthquake in HAITI. Because it not only continues MJ'S good works, it signals to fans and others, YOU PITCH IN TOO.!!!!

Last edited:

Thoughts:

Any event that makes money in this way that does not go immediately to the Estate is
profiting off Michael Jackson's name. Unfortunately, members of his family
continue to try and do this very thing. Now I understand completely why
Michael distanced himself from them in his business affairs.

Personally, I think the executors of Michael's Estate have done an excellent
job in managing and following MJ's wishes. I hope they continue to secure and
protect his legacy and his children's future.

I think the family has the freedom to honor MJ whenever they chose to. However,
it should not involve personal profit.

Ok... once you pay for your food, drinks, and gift bags you will probably have spent $250.

They just thought it would sound better to say $150.

This is just a crappy, rushed, cheap ass event that's intended to rake in some bucks from vulnerable fans!:bugeyed

Michael Jackson and cheap ass events NEVER went together!!!!!:agree:

Well you can always go with the VIP package which is $500 and includes the food, gift bag, good seating and champagne.

and honestly champagne? sorry but this doesn't look like a memorial/remembering Michael kinda thing, it looks like a celebration.. what are we going to celebrate on June 26th?

Well you can always go with the VIP package which is $500 and includes the food, gift bag, good seating and champagne.

and honestly champagne? sorry but this doesn't look like a memorial/remembering Michael kinda thing, it looks like a celebration.. what are we going to celebrate on June 26th?

.... and still no info on what on earth they are going to do?
really... I can call my MJ friends and get together for free everytime we need it or have the time to do it. I can come to this forum and other MJ corners to meet and learn about Michael, to share my pain and support others in pain. I can listen to his music as many times as I want to, for I have already bought each of this cd's, I can read about him, I can see pics...

but... paying for what??? :doh:

really... no shame :mello:

Sorry, but... where's RAndy twittering now about this new "tribute"?
Where's his first concern, as in the Rome Tribute? Remember?

"My first concern, where are the proceedings going to?"

LOL... no worries so far... does this mean he knows whose pockets are getting the money now? :smilerolleyes:

I just asked the same question to someone.

Fans should not PARTICIPATE in this farce. If they don't make money now, it will discourage the next money scheme.

Sorry, but... where's RAndy twittering now about this new "tribute"?
Where's his first concern, as in the Rome Tribute? Remember?

"My first concern, where are the proceedings going to?"

LOL... no worries so far... does this mean he knows whose pockets are getting the money now? :smilerolleyes:

Maybe he is getting a cut of the profits. Or he is the one organizing it. Did he not mention that Lisa Marie Presley will attend the memorial celebration? Janet, his mom? There you have it...he is most likely organizing it with that new co Voiceplate that no one has heard of until this friday.

i am just speechless .why people keep encouraging this kind of crap ,just be silent ,enjoy his music ,reflect on his humanitarian work.
we don't need any celebrities ,who ran away and when in to hiding.

I'm not supporting anything that doesn't involve the Estate.

As much as I love champagne I never remember drinking it at Michael events!

I don't really like him Joe.

^^ It's just so sad
Everybody wants to make money off of michael
All these events are just too expensive and most of the event planners are forgetting that it's not a day of celebration but day of sadness for Millions of fans.
Why cant more people be like spike lee?

Back