Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Yes I think your suggestions are excellent, and I think they will be done in the future, but not all at once. the MJ Estate have to promote the MJ brand for years to come, they cannot release everything the fans want within a few years.

As I said, it was obvious that the MJ Estate DID listen to fans when they released BAD25 and again with Xscape. How else could you explain the demos being included on the deluxe edition? They are of no interest to the general public. They probably listened for other projects too, but those two are the most obvious examples I can think of. Besides, listening to the fans isn't actually the answer - the fan community can't even agree unanimously on exactly what they want, which is only natural I suppose given the great range in age and social and economic background. It's such a diverse group of people.

If people really think the Esate does not listen to the fan base, they are simply not paying attention. MJtruth - thumbs up!

If people really think the Esate does not listen to the fan base, they are simply not paying attention. MJtruth - thumbs up!

Oh, did they ? When ? I must have missed something.

^ Re read MJTruths post..

Just to state a few things.. The biggest form of LISTENING to fans they could have shown is Xscape! We demanded demos of songs after the complaints about the 'Michael' album and they delivered.. not just 1 or 2 demos, gave 2 CD's one CD of JUST demos for you.. for me.. It was not for the casual listener!

We wanted complained for years about not having a 1988 BAD tour release.. Well we got it!!

We said we want more documentaries and footage.. BAD 25! If you don't like Off The Wall documentary, there is still that.

The fact they made an entire CD of demos for us says more than some are giving appreciation to. We wanted to hear Michael Jackson in the original form.. well we got a CD full of them..

It seams some just complain no matter what - I get it.. there is still soo much out there we want! and in due time we will get more. we said 1988 tour forever and as soon as we got it, we turned and said "1989"..

I want 1989 too, but I (and some others) can appreciate having what we have gotten.. The estate had very little financial reason to release demos! only a small minority cares about them.

It seams some just complain no matter what - I get it.. there is still soo much out there we want! and in due time we will get more. we said 1988 tour forever and as soon as we got it, we turned and said "1989"..

I want 1989 too, but I (and some others) can appreciate having what we have gotten.. The estate had very little financial reason to release demos! only a small minority cares about them.

1988 concert in better quality would be great. Any early US show. The only problem with Wembley was the quality.

1988 concert in better quality would be great. Any early US show. The only problem with Wembley was the quality.

Not to mention what they did to the audio. The unedited HQ audio snippets shared before wembley got released sounded better than the final mix that we got. IMO Bad25 was rushed. They apparently found film weeks before the release date and so chose to simply release the VHS...
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they finally listened to us and gave us the Bad tour, I just wish they had done it in HD.

Not to mention what they did to the audio. The unedited HQ audio snippets shared before wembley got released sounded better than the final mix that we got. IMO Bad25 was rushed. They apparently found film weeks before the release date and so chose to simply release the VHS...
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they finally listened to us and gave us the Bad tour, I just wish they had done it in HD.

I don't think I read before that they found the Wembley film footage, but if it's true it was too late to include with BAD25 unless they delayed it.

They chose Wembley because it was the concert that fans were crying out for. the MJ Estate listened but they had to compromise on the video quality because (according to them) they didn't have a good film source at the time, so they worked with what they had, but unfortunately the fans weren't happy with that either. If they had released another BAD concert in HD quality fans would have moaned that it wasn't Wembley.

With a man that has thousands of hours of footage out there that we have not seen.. There will always be something missing or "better" to compare it to.

And I've mentioned before, The Estate has a job to keep his legacy and income coming in for years and years to come.. They helped make sure he has been the top selling dead (

I don't think I read before that they found the Wembley film footage, but if it's true it was too late to include with BAD25 unless they delayed it.

They chose Wembley because it was the concert that fans were crying out for. the MJ Estate listened but they had to compromise on the video quality because (according to them) they didn't have a good film source at the time, so they worked with what they had, but unfortunately the fans weren't happy with that either. If they had released another BAD concert in HD quality fans would have moaned that it wasn't Wembley.

It was mentioned in a different thread regarding the estate apparently finding more film footage. Yes, the fans did petition Wembley, that's why the expectation was high. several fans were disappointed due to the low video quality after waiting 25 years for a release. On top of that, we see HD Bad tour footage included in the documentary. Wembley july 16 was mainly chosen because of Lady Diana. July 15 could have been released just as easily (TWYMMF looked better than the rest of the show). If a different show was released in HD no one would care that it was Wembley or not. Some projects I agree with, others I don't.

It’s almost Halloween, won’t we even get the 4K version on. Netflix?

It’s been years now since this was released in select cinemas. Europeans didn’t have the chance to see it.

IMWhizzle;4272980 said:
It’s almost Halloween, won’t we even get the 4K version on. Netflix?

It’s been years now since this was released in select cinemas. Europeans didn’t have the chance to see it.

It did show in very select cinemas last year in Europe. I went to a screening in England.

Given the climate surrounding MJ in the UK it's highly unlikely to screen in the same fashion again. Not for the forseeable future.

It did show in very select cinemas last year in Europe. I went to a screening in England.

Given the climate surrounding MJ in the UK it's highly unlikely to screen in the same fashion again. Not for the forseeable future.

Yes I remember it was shown in England, but not in the rest of Europe. Such a shame. Hopefully they are waiting for a boxset with 4K remasters of all his short films.

Yes I remember it was shown in England, but not in the rest of Europe. Such a shame. Hopefully they are waiting for a boxset with 4K remasters of all his short films.

A) that would be a good release
B) it would take effort

So it'll never happen.

I really don't care if they release it on the youtube channel or dvd. either one for me is fine. i would buy it all of the short films remastered. including the making of thriller.

I don't think we getting anything this year. Halloween is 3 days away in my timezone. but let's see on Halloween day.

i wouldn't get my hopes up.

I don't think we getting anything this year. Halloween is 3 days away in my timezone. but let's see on Halloween day.

i wouldn't get my hopes up.

The MJ Estate spent a lot of money on the Thriller update, and they DID try to get it a wider release in cinemas but it didn't pan out. But they waited too long to do it. 3D had already returned to being a niche product in cinemas after nearly a decade of being a big deal.

I'm sure they WILL release it at some point but to be honest, I can't see any wide scale cinematic re-release ever happening in the future. It's going to be a home release and perhaps they had plans for this year, given that it was MJ's 10th anniversary but obviously this year is NOT the year to be doing it. Depending on how long the LN stench lingers it could be half a decade before it happens.

I reckon they would have got it back onto screens again this Halloween, had Leaving Neverland not happened.

The Estate either threw out their book of plans and started again, or studios/multiplexes balked at the idea of having MJ tagged on to their picture.

The MJ Estate spent a lot of money on the Thriller update, and they DID try to get it a wider release in cinemas but it didn't pan out. But they waited too long to do it. 3D had already returned to being a niche product in cinemas after nearly a decade of being a big deal.

I'm sure they WILL release it at some point but to be honest, I can't see any wide scale cinematic re-release ever happening in the future. It's going to be a home release and perhaps they had plans for this year, given that it was MJ's 10th anniversary but obviously this year is NOT the year to be doing it. Depending on how long the LN stench lingers it could be half a decade before it happens.

I think that most of people care about the HD/4K restoration, not the 3D itself.

Hopefully we will get it in 2020...

I really do not understand why they have used money and time on this new version if they are not giving it to the fans...

I am not interested in the 3D version - but the upscaled 4K version.... I can't wait to see it

I must admit that I had a little, just a little hope for a Thriller 4K stream/download release for yesterday.

Hopefully we will get it in 2020...

I really do not understand why they have used money and time on this new version if they are not giving it to the fans...

I am not interested in the 3D version - but the upscaled 4K version.... I can't wait to see it

It's not an "upscale" but a real 4K native resolution.

Agree. ??

It's the Estate lol. They usually do the opposite of what we all want. So I lost hopes for now, but maybe we will finally watch it in a few more years if they decide to remaster all MJ's short films.

I hope they release this on Blu-Ray at some point. They should include the original audio. I'm sure the new Dolby Atmos mix is great but they should include the original too.

I really hope they do release this at some point - but it seems like a waste of money if they don't.

Hope they also release 2D version - and yes, both new and original audio.

Back