Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Hope this isn't true. :-(
http://www.***********/thriller-3d-youre-going-to-have-to-wait-until-halloween-2018/

man.... I really want to stop waiting to see this! But I have no choice.. lol

Thriller 3D was showed this night in Paris. Here are my thoughts:

About the PQ: 5/5. It's just wonderful. They did an amazing job about the 4K restoration. We've never seen Michael in such a quality until now, except if you have seen him in real life. Everything is mind blowing, very detailed, the red jacket, the wet hair of Michael. WOW. This is the power of 35mm film !

About the 3D: 4/5. It was better than expected. There are some interesting effects, like the choreography and when Michael turns into a wolf. This is very enjoying for a short film that were not planned to be shot in 3D.

The bad thing: This is definitely NOT the original sound from the short film. They changed it a bit. Like the saxo parts, we hear them more than before, and they added too a funky vibe after Michael says "Thriller Night". There are other changes but i don't remember them all. Purists will not like these changes.

Except this, the project is a success.

Last edited:
Thriller 3D was showed this night in Paris. Here are my thoughts:

About the PQ: 5/5. It's just wonderful. They did an amazing job about the 4K restoration. We've never seen Michael in such a quality until now, except if you have seen him in real life. Everything is mind blowing, very detailed, the red jacket, the wet hair of Michael. WOW. This is the power of 35mm film !

About the 3D: 4/5. It was better than expected. There are some interesting effects, like the choreography and when Michael turns into a wolf. This is very enjoying for a short film that were not planned to be shot in 3D.

The bad thing: This is definitely NOT the original sound from the short film. They changed it a bit. Like the saxo parts, we hear them more than before, and they added too a funky vibe after Michael says "Thriller Night". There are other changes but i don't remember them all. Purists will not like these changes.

Except this, the project is a success.

Sounds great.

I will wait till after I have seen it myself to judge the changed music... - I do not see why they would do it though...
But I still can't wait to see it. Sounds great. - And actually I look even more forward to see it in 2D. - 4K quality and perfect sound will be great. - I am no fan of 3D....

Sounds great.

I will wait till after I have seen it myself to judge the changed music... - I do not see why they would do it though...
But I still can't wait to see it. Sounds great. - And actually I look even more forward to see it in 2D. - 4K quality and perfect sound will be great. - I am no fan of 3D....

I've heard people say the music is different but are we really sure it is? Isn't it possible that some instruments or sounds are just more apparent because of the atmos mix? With the expanded soundstage it's very possible that sounds which were barely audible before are now more obvious.

I've heard people say the music is different but are we really sure it is? Isn't it possible that some instruments or sounds are just more apparent because of the atmos mix? With the expanded soundstage it's very possible that sounds which were barely audible before are now more obvious.

Maybe we hear some sounds that we could hardly hear before, like zombies's sound. But it's definitely another soundtrack. Trust me.

Maybe we hear some sounds that we could hardly hear before, like zombies's sound. But it's definitely another soundtrack. Trust me.

as you said only purist will not like that. I don't care because judging from the leaked screenshots, the quality is beautiful. I really can not complain about this project.

Thank you MJ Estate, I hope you can do more MJ clips in that quality soon. It's just mind blowing.

NEW SNIPPET
This quality is straight omfg! Im dying inside to see this. Damn damn damn the estate

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

NEW SNIPPET
This quality is straight omfg! Im dying inside to see this. Damn damn damn the estate
https://youtu.be/SvDMbuSma6U

OMG look at the colors! It looks amazing!! I gotta say it sounds beautiful too, how can anybody complain about the changes I can certainly not hear lol? Considering that there are changes, I think it sounds much better this way.

OMG look at the colors! It looks amazing!! I gotta say it sounds beautiful too, how can anybody complain about the changes I can certainly not hear lol? Considering that there are changes, I think it sounds much better this way.
Man i promise i just heard it. Its no big deal. Ppl will find a way to complain about anything. But if u close your eyes & listen to (THIS VIDEO,NOT THAT AUDIO RECORDING) the part where they start to dance... you'll hear it somewhat before it cuts off

dont use headphones lmao
Man i swear....i was not expecting that...i wish i didnt have them on & on full blast at that. Even the camera person jumped. I can imagine the eyes in 3d though. Smh im so tired of waiting

this looks awesome in many aspects.. was that little push out effect with the zombie really the 'alternate ending'? lol.. That's not an alternate ending, it's a 3D effect

Just went to Rex Cinema in Paris, Thriller 3D in 4K is just stunning, it does look like the video were shot in 2017

I shot it on my Samsung S8 i've noticed Landis used different angle cam. The widescreen (1.85) edition is gorgeous, now you seen how it was meant to be seen as a movie picture compared to that letter box we all know

I didn't like the audio mix, especially the part were Michael turns into a zombie for a dance, the previous funky made base sound for the video was deep in the first place. But still...it rocked...

Thriller 3D in 4K why now?.......can't wait to see Black or White, Beat it, Bad, Remember the Time, Who is it.....in its original quality

Thriller 3D looks totally amazing! I can't wait to own it on Blu-ray/DVD (and hopefully it will be released on Blu-ray/DVD someday) :)

Last edited:
Thriller 3D looks totally amazing! I can't wait to own it on Blu-ray/DVD (and hopefully it will be released on Blu-ray/DVD someday) :)

And hopefully in Blu-ray UHD 4K someday (y)

Last edited:
just aim for 5K cuz as we all know come a year from now.. (if that is really when we will get it) 4K will be more a standard and 5K being the advanced' product.. than people will complain about it being on 4K not 5K lol..

just aim for 5K cuz as we all know come a year from now.. (if that is really when we will get it) 4K will be more a standard and 5K being the advanced' product.. than people will complain about it being on 4K not 5K lol..

What are you talking about dude ? 4K resolution will be the future standard that will come to our home soon. 5K isn't a standard and will never be. 8K is planned for the NHK channel in Japan for the 2020 Olympics. But we have a loooooonggg time before it became mainstream and find 8K sources. Don't expect to see a difference with 4K, unless you buy a 100 inch screen and watching a 8K native source.

Also, don't forget that most of the movies shot since 2000's have only a 2K Digital Intermediate (final master). Movies before 2000 were mainly shot on 35mm film (which is equivalent to 4K approximately).

Last edited:

Of course but that would be many years from now. Would you be happy if all movies were only on VHS? :) Actually there is a limit of how high you can scan 35 mm film so at some point it can't be any higher quality.

What are you talking about dude ? 4K resolution will be the future standard that will come to our home soon. 5K isn't a standard and will never be. 8K is planned for the NHK channel in Japan for the 2020 Olympics. But we have a loooooonggg time before it became mainstream and find 8K sources. Don't expect to see a difference with 4K, unless you buy a 100 inch screen and watching a 8K native source.

Also, don't forget that most of the movies shot since 2000's have only a 2K Digital Intermediate (final master). Movies before 2000 were mainly shot on 35mm film (which is equivalent to 4K approximately).

Well to be fair, that is what I said.. come a year from now 4K will be standard.. we get new technology constantly, and my comment was more so making the point that we will always not be satisfied with quality.. we wanted DVD from VHS, than HD-DVD (short lived of course), than blu-ray etc.

I was poking fun on a couple layers.. 1. it's going to take too long for us to get it. 2. we are spending time saying 4k, 4k 4k. when in a year there will be another leading technology.

Back