ALERT ALERT MJ Neverland News [check post #1 for updates]

Applehead777

Proud Member
Michael Jackson has sold Neverland. MJJC admins have decided to allow discussion of this topic because it will be discussed all over the blogs and other forums. All MJJC/Neverland sale discussion and updates will remain in this, one, thread. (Please do not begin additional threads as more facts are known, but keep all discussion in this thread.) Updates will be provided here.

Please do not attack MJJC or the staff for allowing this discussion in the forum. We are only allowing it because it will be widely reported.

Also, please abide by the MJJC rules and respect and support one another in civilized discussion.

Thank you,

Victoria83
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mod Update 1

Hey members, just a couple of notes:

This Neverland thing is big news and will likely be big news in the ENT world for a hot minute. Please feel free to express whatever opinion you have on it.

The only thing we will not tolerate is member attacks and I'm already having to clean the thread of those attacks. Please don't attack the messenger or each other.

Remember people have differing opinions on this matter and some people may express an opinion that you disagree with or take some personal offensive to or you may think is petty, stupid, riduculous --- you can get the drift here.

BUT ALL OPINIONS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THIS TOPIC.

If you need to vent, do so.

We will be opening up another thread for members who feel that they are having a hard time coping with this news [no need to comment on that].

This message will be added to the first post for all to see.

Also, any late breaking news on this topic will be added to the first post, so check back often.

Mello1
~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Update #2

Jackson’s Neverland Ranch sold for $35 million

By Sam Womack/Staff Writer

Michael Jackson has sold Neverland Ranch to a Delaware-based corporation for approximately $35 million, although the King of Pop retains an interest in the property.

The infamous property north of Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County was transferred from Jackson to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC, which formed in mid-July, according to documents from the county assessor’s office.

Sycamore is a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital Inc., a Los Angeles-based company that purchased the entertainer’s $24.5 million mortgage on the property in May, according to a source close to the deal.

The pop star’s private amusement park and home at 5225 Figueroa Mountain Road opened in 1988 and consisted of 2,800 acres. Prior to that, it was a working cattle ranch owned by Bill Bone, a developer who has his own connections to Colony Capital.

A notice of default from a San Francisco title company was served in November 2007 suggesting that Jackson’s ownership of the ranch could be at risk. And a foreclosure auction in May was canceled after Colony Capital LLC purchased the multi-million loan.

Jackson has struggled to pay his debts in recent years after his financial empire crumbled following his arrest in 2003 on child-molestation charges. A jury later acquitted him and he reportedly hasn’t lived at Neverland for the past two years.

LINK: http://www.santamariatimes.com/artic...breaking15.txt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Update # 3

Michael Jackson gives Neverland to corporation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_ot/michael_jackson

By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press Writer Robert Jablon, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 6 mins ago
[URL="http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20081113/capt.0cb63d7f073f4f308b1ee3ed7d05c9d1.michael_jackson_la118.jpg?x=213&y=321&xc=1&yc=1&wc=272&hc=410&q=100&sig=j4c_6TJAY4NF1DIndfEL3A--"][/URL]AP – This Dec. 22, 1993, file photo shows an aerial view of Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch in Santa Ynez, …

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson has given up title to his Neverland ranch, transferring the deed to a company he partly controls.

The singer filed a grant deed on the ranch Monday that makes the new owner an entity called the Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. LLC, Tom Pearson of the Santa Barbara County clerk-recorder's office said Wednesday.

Sycamore Valley Ranch Co. is a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital LLC, according to a person with knowledge of the transaction who was not authorized to speak on the record and requested anonymity.

The person could not say what would become of the 2,500-acre property in the bucolic, oak-studded hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country, 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

A call to an attorney for Jackson, L. Londell McMillan, was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Jackson had gone into default on the $24.5 million he owes on the property and had faced foreclosure before Colony Capital bailed him out earlier this year by purchasing his loan.

Pearson said the deed did not indicate who owns Sycamore.

A listing on the California secretary of state's Web site says the company filed with the state in June. It does not identify its owners, but the company has the same Century City address as Colony Capital LLC.

Colony Capital is a Los Angeles-based real estate investment company run by billionaire Tom Barrack. It owns several properties in Las Vegas, including the Las Vegas Hilton.

The property was called Sycamore Valley Ranch before Jackson bought it in 1988 and began turning it into a miniature amusement park with a zoo, Ferris wheel, roller coaster and other rides.

At the height of his popularity, the superstar invited thousands of children to play on the grounds.

He renamed the ranch after the mythical land of Peter Pan and set about creating the magical childhood experiences he said his career as a child star had denied him.

"It's like stepping into Oz," he once said of Neverland. "Once you come in the gates, the outside world does not exist."

Jackson has struggled to pay his debts since his financial empire began to crumble following his arrest in 2003 on charges that he molested a 13-year-old boy at the ranch. He has not been seen in the Los Olivos area since a jury acquitted him of all charges, and recent aerial photos show the ranch falling into disrepair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch is sold

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Reported by: Melissa Mecija

The most infamous ranch in Santa Barbara County has been sold. The King of Pop's Neverland Ranch now belongs to a Delaware-based company, but Michael Jackson's interest in his old home may not be over.

Court documents show the property changed hands from Jackson to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC. It is a sigh of relief for neighbors Kathy Sanguinet and Steve Doran.

"The fans have been a bigger problem," Doran said. "He's never been a problem personally."

But is Jackson's involvement really over?

Sources close to the transaction tell Action News Sycamore Valley Ranch Company is a "joint venture" between the King of Pop and Los Angeles based Colony Capital. That source also says Jackson and Colony Capital will continue business projects together.

Jackson's neighbors knew something was up. Sanguinet says she saw moving vans a few weeks back coming from the ranch.

"They just moved up trucks and big vehicles you could see that they were going to haul stuff out, and you could see them hauling out the circus stuff," Sanguinet said.

Speaking of circus, the two will not miss random strangers and devoted fans curious about Jackson's ranch.

"It was never annoying except during the trial, basically when people were driving around and in the driveway turnarounds all day," Doran said.

"I hope that whoever's bought it, like I said, is someone that's going to be quiet. It's not going to be Hollywood anymore," Sanguinet added.

It is the latest chapter in the Jackson drama-over, at least for now.

Late last year, court documents showed Jackson was behind in more than $23 million dollars in payments for the ranch, but Colony Capital helped bail him out.

The source would not reveal exactly how much the ranch was sold for. We called Colony Capital. They have "no comment" on the whole deal.

Jackson has owned the property since the late 1980s. It is not known if the name "Neverland Ranch" will change.

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=9340227

Dear Members,

I am a blogger, some of you know my site, that will hopefully not be the subject of topic once I reveal this news. It is something I'm sure a lot of you will deem important and it was something I wanted the fans to know before the media got their hands all over it and tore it apart. So this is my favor to you, accept it if you wish and I hope you understand why this is being done.

Michael Jackson has sold Neverland Valley Ranch to Sycamore Ranch LLC and it will be all over the news in less than 48 hrs. I will provide the link that proves this information. To verify for yourselves, type in simply: Jackson, Michael and you shall see that the deeds have in fact been transferred and Neverland Valley is simply no longer owned by Michael Jackson.

I will assume, for the purpose of business that this was done with some thought and if anyone can recall Mr. Jackson's last statement regarding Neverland Valley, they can note that he was positive and that the decisions being made were going in the right direction. I will stick my neck out and state even further that all the recent apperances made by him, with the grin and the smile and confidence, shows that he's not fretting over a piece of property. I hope you guys understand that while some things end, others are just beginning.

http://www.sb-democracy.com/opis/

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ALERT ALERT MJ News

And we need to know this because? Nothing personal but if he sold his ranch that is hardly news. He has not lived there in three years

WOW! Are you for real? Damn.

Peter Pan is no longer in Michael Jackson's heart, lol.

But this thread will probably be closed anyway, lol. Thanks tho, I guess.

Wasn't the ranch called Sycamore Ranch before Michael bought it and called it Neverland? a little strange don't ya think?

aw sad.
but not too big of a deal, since he hasn't been there for years now

thanks for letting us know :)

Last edited:

Woah. :eek:

Well uhm, I guess all things come to an end then. :lol: We'll see what happens in the next few hours about this.. lol But Sycamore Ranch, wasn't that the original name of it before? Thanks for letting us know and posting.. :] Interesting.

Well, Michael's choice, he knows what he is doing. A door may close, but another one will just open. :) He hasn't lived there for awhile so.. it would make sense lol. I'm glad he is moving on, and as you can see recently, is happy in his life. Everything will be fine.

Last edited:

It's nice to know Michael has moved on and it's obvious he's happy now.

"But this thread will probably be closed anyway, lol. Thanks tho, I guess."

It has a good source so...don't see why it would be closed.

I am not saying I don't believe you. If he sold the ranch good for him clearly it was his chose to do so. I am just saying it won't be the big news you seem to think it will be. In fact the only person who will make a big deal out of it is some dude on fox news

People sell there homes everyday esp homes they rarely go to. It is sad because of the way and the reasons why he sold it

People sell there homes everyday esp homes they rarely go to. It is sad because of the way and the reasons why he sold it

Their homes and you are right. Those people aren't the King of Pop and those people aren't bashed for nothing all the time. Good Riddance and I hope all members are as positive about it as you.

It's nice to know Michael has moved on and it's obvious he's happy now.

"But this thread will probably be closed anyway, lol. Thanks tho, I guess."

It has a good source so...don't see why it would be closed.

I'm joking. Of course it wouldn't so I'm glad we got word before it leaked to the press.

hmm.

well i will remain hopeful that MJ hasn't let go of "peter pan" and the innocence that he holds dear to him, and i have faith that they is still thriving in him due to his children.

But if his is true, and MJ is letting it go, then I, reluctantly, will let it go as well.

OMG, I can' belive that Michael did that. I'm so sorry to hear that .:cry:I know how difficult it was for Michael to made this decision. He really had a grat time there before the allegations.I hate Tom Snedon:puke:

So Wher gonna be his home?

Last edited:

Well it's his land, he can do what he wants with it. It's obvious it doesn't hold the joy in it for him that it once did (for obvious reasons). No reason to keep it if Peter Pan is growing up a bit and is moving on with life. It's a money-eater anyway if he isn't living there and not using it for the charities. The money can be put to better use. I think business-wise, it was a wise decision on his part. Life goes on, and there are certain things in life we have to let go of if we are to grow. If for Michael that means finally giving up Neverland, although it was no doubt difficult, then he has let go of an extremely difficult and hurtful era of his life.

Perhaps we will be seeing Michael Jackson the Man from now on, rather than Michael Jackson the Peter Pan. don't get me wrong, peter pan's great, just different from how we've been seeing him lately. He's more mature, more wise...peter pan's just growing up a little. But I don't know, he may always hold on to that inside of him. I hope he doesn't let that part of himself go. it's just one of the many things that makes him special.

It seems rather ludicrous (to me) and invasive to be trying to read his personal documents. You could better protect his privacy by letting your bloggers know there may be some publicized private business dealings that will be coming to the surface and for them to stay tuned for your updates as you convey Mr. Jackson's statements regarding his personal affairs but to have fans trying to decipher his personal business is entirely inappropriate imho.

How would you like it if you become famous and every private move you make is dissected by people who feel they have the right.

This is not fan business, this is a man's personal documents registered with the County he lives in just like yours and it really ought to be regarded as such, no different from you, and with all due respect.

Last edited:

i think if he does let that part of himself go, i think it's kinda sad that society forces people to 'stay in their place' and conform to norms that don't mean crap ish....and that's basically what the allegations did. Phooey to that. I don't care what anyone says.

Ain't sad to me but it's more of a "I'm glad because he wants to rid himself of any demons". Who knows? Maybe Neverland had bad omens for him after 2003 that he realized he couldn't stand it anymore.

It seems rather ludicrous (to me) and invasive to be trying to read his personal documents. You could better protect his privacy by letting your bloggers know there may be some publicized business dealings coming to the surface and for them to stay tuned for your updates as you convey Mr. Jackson's statements regarding his personal affairs but to have fans trying to decipher his personal business is entirely inappropriate imho.

I agree posting some one's information public or private is not doing anyone a favor.

i think if he does let that part of himself go, i think it's kinda sad that society forces people to 'stay in their place' and conform to norms that don't mean crap ish....and that's basically what the allegations did. Phooey to that. I don't care what anyone says.

Michael is not Neverland and Neverland is not what it used to represent. Simply time to move on. Surely if Michael can we can.

Ain't sad to me but it's more of a "I'm glad because he wants to rid himself of any demons". Who knows? Maybe Neverland had bad omens for him after 2003 that he realized he couldn't stand it anymore.

We don't know the reasons.

I agree posting some one's information public or private is not doing anyone a favor.

It's public record - the information is already out there and factual. It's a completed transaction - nothing more. When it hit was the only question. Tomorrow it will be everywhere and there aint nothing gonna stop it.

Oh wow. Didn't think he would do it, always said he would never sell neverland. I was hoping to visit it someday too. Oh well, and so a chapter in Michael's Jackson's magical career has come to a close.

Applehead777 I hope you will be fired in the next few days, cuz you didn't had no business telling us this

Michael Jackson sold his ranch a place he has not lived in for three years. Michael is not the only famous person who sold a home recently. It not like it was foreclosed on. I just don't think this is going to be headling grabbing news

Michael is not Neverland and Neverland is not what it used to represent. Simply

It's public record - the information is already out there and factual. It's a completed transaction - nothing more. When it hit was the only question. Tomorrow it will be everywhere and there aint nothing gonna stop it.

You mean on the news??

Thanks Applehead777 for informing us. :)

Just because it is on a publicly viewable website does not mean it is to be actively dessiminated all over the world. It is there as a matter of public RECORD and for use by those entities that have some jurisdiction over this very PRIVATE matter. It has not become publicized as of yet. There is a difference.

Michael is not Neverland and Neverland is not what it used to represent. Simply time to move on. Surely if Michael can we can.

Well I'm not saying he is Neverland...I'm saying that I don't know if he's let go of those values that Neverland used to hold. I don't know if the allegations destroyed not just what Neverland used to represent, but that whole ideology for him.

Like i said, I hope that's not true. I dont THINK that's true...but...ya never know. Meh. I suppose nobody else cares about that and is ready for MJ to 'grow up'. Heh, what a world.

I personally can move on. But I won't pretend that what happened to that place is okay. Or that if Mj were to let go of that child-like part of him, that it's 'for the best'. Blah.

Last edited:
Back