Fans United: Giving Back to Michael

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
This Is It....Opening Night....July 8th, 2009...

Wouldn't it be amazing to present a gift from Michael's fans to the very man who has opened his life up to take to the stage once again?

There are many fans who will be there and many fans like myself who will not be there. "This Is It" needs fan base representation :yes: So lets all join in and even if we can't be at the concert a piece of us may be able too.

Join me and lets give a piece of ourselves to Michael - well, how about our fingerprints anyway? :lol:

I want to gather as many thumbprints as possible. Once all the prints are received these will in turn be made into a collage art piece by Geert Van De Vorstenbosch. Geert Van De Vorstenbosch is a leading artist who specializes in fingerprints artwork!

The completed project will be presented to Michael at his concert in London. So, whether we are at the O2 or not our thoughts, hearts and love for Michael will be :yes:

The specifics:

Must be a thumb print only!

Black ink on white paper is all that will be accepted!

Must be scanned and saved as a jpg file!

All submissions must be sent to fingerprintsformichael@gmail.com

Any submissions placed in this thread will not be forwarded - you must send it to the correct address above.

The deadline for submissions will be June 1, 2009.

If you have any questions please ask in this thread.

This is open for all of Michael's fans so spread the word :yes:

Thank you!

Hmm any ideas on how to make a print of my thumb? You dont want any names or chatter on the file I presume?

I also presume you choose thumbs because hands are too big? Hand would be cooler imo - but I will sent you my thumb!

Dip thumb into black ink and press onto a white piece of paper :yes: Doesn't need any other information as only the print will be used.

Then just scan image (after it is dry!) Email to addy :yes:

Good idea, I want to. But I need to get some black ink. Where do I get that?

Tips how to make a print:

Tip 1, get some white paper

Tip 2, Get some paint or a black marker

Tip 3, colour your thumb with it and mark your fingerprint on the paper

Tip 4, Scan and Save it and send it to: fingerprintsformichael@gmail.com

Let's get as many we can get and make Michael proud of his fans

Last edited:
Tip:

Might help to roll your thumb along the paper and lift up straight :yes:

This is a wonderful project that I'm sure will be meaningful to Michael. To make the print, one suggestion that is totally FREE, would be to go to a store that sells office supplies. Find an ink pad (for stamping). Bring with you a scrap of paper. Press thumb on ink pad, then press on paper, put paper in pocket! LOL (Oh, and you might want to bring a tissue to wipe off your thumb?)

This is a wonderful project that I'm sure will be meaningful to Michael. To make the print, one suggestion that is totally FREE, would be to go to a store that sells office supplies. Find an ink pad (for stamping). Bring with you a scrap of paper. Press thumb on ink pad, then press on paper, put paper in pocket! LOL (Oh, and you might want to bring a tissue to wipe off your thumb?)

:doh:

:rofl: Don't get caught! Or you will be fingerprinted for real :lol:

Yes this project is totaly for free !!!!!

Just send the fingerprint and show your love to the King !!

I don't get it, is this official? Will it be sent to Michael for real?

That's so exciting! :D Hope they will film that he get's it, would be fun to watch!

I'm buying som black ink tommorrow, then scan it.

Great idea.. But it scares me a little.. Feel like Im being finger printed for a crime scene! lol... But dont get me wrong we should totally do something like this..
How about something a bit more recognisable like a big collage of faces of fans.. or somthing like that. Coz to be honest everyone's finger print looks the same to me. So Mike might be wondering.. ok lots of fingure prints, so who's are they?

can i take a picture with my web cam of my thumbprint? it automatically saves photos in jpg format

I'm not overly certain. Same difference just a pic instead of a scan - not sure will have to ask.

but how will u give it to him??

That's already worked out :yes:

Great idea.. But it scares me a little.. Feel like Im being finger printed for a crime scene! lol... But dont get me wrong we should totally do something like this..
How about something a bit more recognisable like a big collage of faces of fans.. or somthing like that. Coz to be honest everyone's finger print looks the same to me. So Mike might be wondering.. ok lots of fingure prints, so who's are they?

This is the project we are doing. It will be unique and well received :yes:

Yay I will send you my thumb print....if I can work out how to use my scanner!

here we go...Running to get thumb print

this is a great idea, but you guys removed my fingerprints when I became a member of staff here, or was I not supposed to mention that? ooopps sorry! :rofl:

Don't posess a scanner. Could I maybe put my print onto white paper and then take a picture of it using a digital camera?? :angel:

Very unique :)Can we see examples of his artwork please? I am really curious how they look when finished.

Back