Did Michael Jackson die for our sins?

bjoernclausen

Proud Member
I've been thinking about this for a while, and since seeing these comments from a woman on a Larry King blog (posted by Victory2004 here on MJJC), I thought I'd share what I've been feeling since Michael's death.

This is the comment:

LINDA GUNNETT
July 7th, 2009 7:20 pm ET
I watch the Michael Jackson memorial today and was very ashamed of myself for my salacious participation in viewing and reading these attempts to hurt MJ. Today, I wanted to say “Michael come back, we will be nicer this time”, but that is not true. We are mean spirited people who enjoy watching the destruction of others….even our own friends, we enjoy seeing them fail. If jesus walked this earth today imagine what we would do to him…..again,,,,,,horrifying to think of it. This should be declared a National Day of Shame, with a vow from each of us to not participate in the destruction of others. We forget with celebrities that they are persons like us with feelings and families, just like us. We have enjoyed this bloodsport with Elvis, Marilyn, Anna Nicole and many others….WHAT IS WRONG WITH US? WHY ARE WE LIKE THIS. I am sick to my stomach at my own part in this. Shame on all of us. He was a lovely and talented individuals and I cried all day thinking about how mean we were to him….I cry now writing this. http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2...days-memorial/
Are you thinking, what I am thinking?

I mean, Michael was born on Earth as a gift to humanity from God. He was a gift, a humanitarian, a lover not a fighter, a uniter of all people, races, ages, etc.
But we, humanity, destroyed him. We tore him down. We gosspied about his talents, made up lies, threw him to the ground and kicked him 'till he was no more.

Think about it: Michael was a very religious man, even Jehova's Witness as a child - and ain't that what the Jewish Faith is about? Waiting for the new saviour?

I think it was the pressure from the tabloids that killed Michael in the end. He couldn't take it. He had a lifetime of pain, but endured it for our sake.
In conclusion, did Michael die for our sins? Or maybe even - was Michael Jackson actually Jesus? The new saviour?

I am not a religious man myself, and still couldn't help notice these similarities - don't tell me no one of you guys haven't given this a thought? :agree:

Of course, at least I have. I think a lot, about it..were definitely guilty no matter what you guys are going to say..

[that we kinda destroyed him]

I think this thread is going to provoke an argument. I know you are not intending it to be that way at all but threads about religion in their very nature tend to end not very nicely since its such a personal and sensitive subject with strong opinions/beliefs at various points of the spectrum.

I agree with you to a certain extent that there are similarities between their lives in the sense that they tried to make a positive difference in the world but that people tried to tear them down for being different.

Michael based his life from the teachings of the bible so no wonder you can compare Michael & Jesus in that sense.

Michael was no God or the next Christ, he was just the greatest human ever.

I agree with you to a certain extent that there are similarities between their lives in the sense that they tried to make a positive difference in the world but that people tried to tear them down for being different.

That is what I am finding as well.

I'm not overly religious in anyway but to know the story of Jesus and how he only wanted to do good and help, but was ridiculed and people tried to knock him down is quite similar in ways to the story of Michael.

I'm sorry, but... Don't compare Michael with Jesus

Well, why not? It's not like that comparison hasn't been made before. I'm only pointing out the similarities.

I think this thread is going to provoke an argument. I know you are not intending it to be that way at all but threads about religion in their very nature tend to end not very nicely since its such a personal and sensitive subject with strong opinions/beliefs at various points of the spectrum.

I am not trying to start an argument at all - I want a good-natured normal discussion on the subject.
So everyone - behave! :yes:

And also thanks for backing me up on some of my point. :clapping:

no he died cause of a bent doctor.

Yes, a group of them. They can argue that they were fully unaware that Mike was going to several other doctors, while they were treating him, BUT, if they saw any signs that he was abusing pain killers, they should have not administered anything! AND, why in the hell were those meds even given to Mike...if they were. They may argue, "Well, they weren't used specifically for Michael, of course the doctor has several patience"...yet those meds should not have even gotten out of the hospital at all period! The truth is starting to come out, and it makes me tortured and angry as hell. Something we all relate too.

Michael based his life from the teachings of the bible so no wonder you can compare Michael & Jesus in that sense.

Michael was no God or the next Christ, he was just the greatest human ever.

Yes. The greatest human ever.

Nope, his death just happen. There is no sins involved. We don't know how he died as of yet, but the fact is that he died.

And if you are a Christian that believes in God and Jesus, then how come some of you believe that GOD called him home because it was his time to go and then why do some of you believe there is a Sin or some kind of punishment involved with Michael's death?

Last edited:
You can't really compare Michael to Jesus...

One is a character from a book and the other actually existed and still does.

We still do not know for sure what happened and what caused his death, but I'm pretty sure he did not die for our sins...

There is no way anyone can compare Michael to Jesus. Like people have already said Michael is human- It takes a perfect sprit to die for our sins.
I think some people are looking to much into the situation. all i can say is Michael was a Jehovahs witness, he followed the bible and looked up to the people written about.

MOD WARNING:

I'm gonna ask everyone to be very careful with their words here, this is a very touchy subject and I wouldn't want to close the thread because we can't handle an open and mature discussion.
RESPECT is our number one rule remember?

I agree, the greatest human ever
he was a gift brought to us.. more like an angel

:lmao: at everyones reaction here. But for real, am I the only one who thinks humanity destroyed him?

Michael did not die for our sins. Jesus did that.

And I do see similarities with their lives, but Michael didn't endure even half the sufferings of Jesus. I don't think this is a good comparison.

**I'm Jewish, so I don't really follow Jesus' story.

I have been trying to justify since his death, WHY would a man SO good and SO pure and SUCH a gift to this Earth, would be taken away from us so soon. I can find no sense in it other than Michael was a sacrifice. We needed to lose him to show people what it is like to lose someone who gave his life to helping people. We needed to lose him so people could see what the media continues to do - which is destroying innocent, good people, who try and make a change in the world. We needed to lose him to understand that true genius should be praised rather than shamefully picked apart and scrutinized until it is too late. We needed to lose him to understand that it is about the MUSIC and TALENT and GOOD DEEDS and not about skin colour or nosejobs.
I truly agreed with what Jermaine said when he stated that Michael was a gift to the world and people weren't ready for him, so he was taken back. I genuinely feel that way.

Back