Please do not support Rolling Stone's money making scheme

Memefan

Proud Member
To all MJ fans, please do not support Rolling Stone's latest attempt at milking the Michael Jackson name. For the past few years, they haven't been kind to MJ, so I don't think they should be profiting from his passing.

I hope the book get the same fate as that fake rabbi's.

“Michael”: Rolling Stone’s Ultimate Jackson Book Is in Stores Now

When Michael Jackson died suddenly on June 25th, the stunned and saddened Rolling Stone team snapped to action and devoted a commemorative issue to the King of Pop. Now the magazine’s editors are proud to present an even bigger version of that special edition of RS: Michael, a book devoted to Jackson’s life and career that features more than 100 rare photographs from his Jackson 5 days through his troubled later years. RS contributor Jon Dolan writes about Bad, Jackson’s last truly great album, and Alan Light examines the making of Thriller, the biggest album of all time. Rob Sheffield contributes a guide to Jackson’s videos and the 25 moments that defined his career. Michael also includes tributes from Slash, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones and others who worked with and admired Jackson.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...tones-ultimate-jackson-book-is-in-stores-now/

Can you elaborate how they were unkind to Michael? I don't normally read the Rolling Stone but I did enjoy their issue featuring Michael when he passed. What did they do?

they basically considered him a tranny version of Britney spears , that's how untalented and creepy MJ was considered by RS editors . they downplayed all his achievements . they've never missed an opportunity to belittle him .

they basically considered him a tranny version of Britney spears , that's how untalented and creepy MJ was considered by RS editors . they downplayed all his achievements . they've never missed an opportunity to belittle him .
Wow. That's low. :(

Memefan, I have been devouring everything "MJ" I could get my hands on, but I won't support an entity that does a turn-about after his death, just for the sake of $$$$. IMO that is just as low as having dissed him in the first place.

I know what you mean, my brother got the issue with him on the cover with the title the last days of michael jackson with the first few sentences i was pissed and highly offended. The issue was supposed to come out at the opening of the concerts and michael had given them an interview and photoshoot. Instead using the interview he gave them it was very negative and describing him as weird. At least the little bit I read was that way, i didn't care to read anymore.

The Rolling Stones is a joke...

I hated the way they downplayed his artistry, his genius.. but when it's Dylan or Elvis even Madonna, it's nothing but praise...

Do they even have any more relevancy in the music industry's now?

I dont think so... :yes: :D

Also, I wouldn't even waste my time reading the description of their book. I've really enjoyed their interviews of Michael in 1984 but after that, NO-THANK YOU!

I hated their tribute mag on MJ! It was everything good with thriller and off the wall to them but, they crap on everything else he ever did! It was B.S! I want my money back! They even talked smack about his music videos it was ridiculous!

Sorry, I just read your question. But I noticed many have already replied, very accurately..

The last fair piece Rolling Stone did on MJ was in the eary '90's, when Dangerous came out. After the allegations came out, they basically spoke down EVERY achievement MJ has made. They belittled him for YEARS while praising people like Madonna.

This says it all:
RS contributor Jon Dolan writes about Bad, Jackson’s last truly great album

Last edited:
to them thriller , off the wall and some how Bad were good to a certain extent because QJ made them not MJ (according to them ) . to them MJ was a stupid pop clown who enjoyed what Elvis, the beatles , Springsteen ...etc were entitled to when he sould not . and they made it their mission to belittle him and keep him 'small'.

they hate pop acts very much , yet they dedicated an issue to justine Timberfake and called him the King of Pop , to humiliate mj even more . tell me now who is the pop clown , mj or timbershit ?

I would not say anything about Justin Timberlake based on what they said about him. I am sure he did not know that. (if he did then he is a jerk)

I will not support the magazine (not a stretch for me though since I don't normally read it)

I must say that I am an avid reader and read most articles, good or bad and just take it from the source and discard the trash and file it in a 'spot' in my brain. I read the Shmuley book only because I read the free fan version as I refused adamantly to support that creep.

they were the magazine which reported as an exclusive the "news" that MJ died with no nose , they said sources very familiar with the investigation confirmed to them MJ had no nose . everyone quoted them .

they hate pop acts very much , yet they dedicated an issue to justine Timberfake and called him the King of Pop , to humiliate mj even more . tell me now who is the pop clown , mj or timbershit ?
But Timberlake is a huge Jackson fan, so I wonder what JT's reaction was to being called the King of Pop?

they were the magazine which reported as an exclusive the "news" that MJ died with no nose , they said sources very familiar with the investigation confirmed to them MJ had no nose . everyone quoted them .

I'd like to say "Unbelievable"........but sadly I am just shaking my head.

But Timberlake is a huge Jackson fan, so I wonder what JT's reaction was to being called the King of Pop?

Thats kinda how I feel too. I think it was more like what happened to "Beyonce" at the award ceremony. That feeling of "OH &#%$!!!!!"

Thats kinda how I feel too. I think it was more like what happened to "Beyonce" at the award ceremony. That feeling of "OH &#%$!!!!!"
What happened to Beyonce? I don't usually watch award ceremonies.

I did however watch the MTV awards show where Taylor Swift was interrupted by Kanye West.

That is what I was referring to. Wasn't it her video that he was claiming should have won? I am sure she didn't put him up to that. (am I wrong about who it was??? Can I BE that stupid?)

I won't be buying this. Rolling Stone has treated MJ like a bag of sh*t for years. They will not have my support after that disgusting tribute magazine. They need a whole new employee list, because the current people have some serious MJ hate going on.

Ohhhhhhh. I get your point now. :) Yes, it was Beyonce. They showed her in the audience and she looked shocked. Flattered maybe, but shocked.

I would love to know how JT reacted.

I agree!

I saw the book and got excited. Then I looked to see who was publishing it, and when I saw it was RS I placed it back on the shelf.

Many more will be published. I just won't contribute to this one.

To all MJ fans, please do not support Rolling Stone's latest attempt at milking the Michael Jackson name. For the past few years, they haven't been kind to MJ, so I don't think they should be profiting from his passing.

I hope the book get the same fate as that fake rabbi's.

“Michael”: Rolling Stone’s Ultimate Jackson Book Is in Stores Now

When Michael Jackson died suddenly on June 25th, the stunned and saddened Rolling Stone team snapped to action and devoted a commemorative issue to the King of Pop. Now the magazine’s editors are proud to present an even bigger version of that special edition of RS: Michael, a book devoted to Jackson’s life and career that features more than 100 rare photographs from his Jackson 5 days through his troubled later years. RS contributor Jon Dolan writes about Bad, Jackson’s last truly great album, and Alan Light examines the making of Thriller, the biggest album of all time. Rob Sheffield contributes a guide to Jackson’s videos and the 25 moments that defined his career. Michael also includes tributes from Slash, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones and others who worked with and admired Jackson.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...tones-ultimate-jackson-book-is-in-stores-now/

Ohhhhhhh. I get your point now. :) Yes, it was Beyonce. They showed her in the audience and she looked shocked. Flattered maybe, but shocked.

I would love to know how JT reacted.

YES. Thats exactly what I mean. I know Taylor Swift looked very sad and confused but Beyonce looked to be in shock and disbelief and not knowing how to react to that one.

I imagine Justin Timberlake was horrified too because its just not something you want to see and I am sure if he was a fan it had to be creepy.

No way I'd get this book.

Also folks remember to tell people who may buy you holiday gifts that you don't want it... or any other books talking MJ down. We need a complete list of bad books, really.

Rolling Stone sucks big time , i hate this magazine . they did MJ's reputation alot of harm.
no way they will get my money.

No way I'd get this book.

Also folks remember to tell people who may buy you holiday gifts that you don't want it... or any other books talking MJ down. We need a complete list of bad books, really.
We sure do! I wish I had known about the Boteach book beforehand. It was given to me as a gift, but I had NO idea he was such a hater until after delving into the book and marking it up. I don't know how I would've graciously turned it down, but if I hadn't of highlighted so many things, I could've at least returned it for something else. :mello:

I imagine Justin Timberlake was horrified too because its just not something you want to see and I am sure if he was a fan it had to be creepy.
"Creepy" is a good word for it, especially since MJ hasn't even been gone 5 months yet. Wait, I guess this happened when MJ was alive? :unsure:

Timberfake is fan and inspired by " Fred astaire and James Brown " :smilerolleyes:
I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're getting at here. :unsure:

They did that on purpose to humiliate MJ. They knew it would hurt him to have his title be given to an apprentice.

I just sent them several twitters @rollingstone...calling them out on their hypocrisy.

I almost forgot that crap. add that to the long list of pitiful reporting from that magazine/

Rolling Stone sucks big time , i hate this magazine . they did MJ's reputation alot of harm.
no way they will get my money.

Many fans will buy anything with MJ's name on it, that is why people like Rabbi schmuley, Rolling Stone, and many others keep putting these books out. Even though they talked smack about MJ for years and went out of their way to humiliate him.

Fans should wise up to these games.

FYI. Timberlake IS NOT such an MJ fan. Sorry to burst people's bubble...He tends to go with the flow.

Back