Please do not support Rolling Stone's money making scheme

Surely you can see that any book authorised by MJ's estate and made with MJ's blessing would be very heavily biased in MJ's favour?

And what's wrong with that? :) I don't need to read other books that are full of shit and gossip. The Opus must be a perfect book if Michael approved it..I can't wait to get it ;)

That's not a very sensible way of looking at it.

Surely you can see that any book authorised by MJ's estate and made with MJ's blessing would be very heavily biased in MJ's favour?
I've heard enough CRAP about Michael to last me a lifetime. IF the stuff the media had been saying about him for years had been true, then sure, I wouldn't mind it being in the Opus. But the media spun everything about Michael and his life that they could, so...it was CRAP.

WHY would I want that in a book which encompasses his life? I'd rather hear about the good stuff. THAT is what MJ should be celebrated and remembered for, since there is certainly a lot of good when it comes to Michael's life.

Because Michael never lied, is that it?

I trust Michael 100%. Maybe he did lie about certain things in his life and I can understand it because the fucking media wanted to know too much about his private life and he deserved some privacy like every person. About the serious things he didn't lie, that's for sure.

That's not a very sensible way of looking at it.

it will only be about as biased as any other book. The only difference here is the fact that it's supporting the other side. A side that needs some light to be shed on. If anything, the opus CANNOT tell more lies than the aforementioned publication.

Because Michael never lied, is that it?
What if he did? People are entitled to their privacy. He didn't owe anyone details about his personal life, such as what plastic surgeries he did, etc. It isn't anyone's business.

Have you even read the book that you are accusing of containing lies?
Why would anyone read that book if the foregoing articles by RS set the tone for the book being negative towards MJ?

Makes no sense. :unsure:

I can't wait for the OPUS!!! :) Scrap this media tabloid Rolling Stones magazine. I bet their entire staff have been rolling and are always stoned too, considering the crap they put out today (vs the stuff they used to put out in past).

rely you can see that any book authorised by MJ's estate and made with MJ's blessing would be very heavily biased in MJ's favour?
not sure how something containing facts on his career can be classed as biased.what would the book say. that mj was the second comming for example cause im not sure how pointing out what he acheived can be viewed as anything

I can't wait for the OPUS either! It's the single most expensive book I ever bought in my life and I have a feeling it's going to be worth every penny!

The Rolling Stones is a joke...

I hated the way they downplayed his artistry, his genius.. but when it's Dylan or Elvis even Madonna, it's nothing but praise...

That's because they care about who's 'in'. They are music snobs of the worst kind. They cannot see an artist, any artist, without thinking how 'cool' they are and how their readers will react. Rather than concentrating solely on how good/innovative the artist is they base their judgements on what is 'hot' at the time.

Have you even read the book that you are accusing of containing lies?

Do you happen to work for Rolling Stone or something? You're just going to ignore all the wrong they did to Michael because of one semi nice yet sarcasm filled quote?..Eh, be my guest.

But my money shall go towards the Opus that we've all been waiting for. :)

wow gee when u put it like that, no one canbuy anything cuz in reality, zumiez, khol's jc penny's and walmart never had mike merch. hot topic did so they get a pass.

no magazine was nice to him

Life, Jet and Ebony mags were pretty good to him. at least, if they ever had their bad moments, hawk-eye me, never saw em, cus i be looking hard for em.

Why do threads these days always seem to have bickering in them? *frustrated*

not sure how something containing facts on his career can be classed as biased.what would the book say. that mj was the second comming for example cause im not sure how pointing out what he acheived can be viewed as anything

:hysterical:...but of course he's the second coming, how else would Michael factually describe himself. *I'm joking, of course*

As fans we have always known that RS is biased against Michael, nothing new there. And yea its a money milking machine, its a business that's how it works. And it doesn't excuse their flagrant denial of Michael's influence and acheivemnts, but its something to keep in mind for any fan considering buying thier *ish.

And I'm with my peeps on this, the OPUS will rock!:punk:Holla at a playa!

The Media Treated Michael Unfairly? I'm Shocked! NOT!

It should be no surprise to anyone that Rolling Stone or any other magazine has been cruel to Michael Jackson. After all, they are one of a few that did a scathing interview with LMP, to which she also was very unkind to Michael. The only Magazines that have been fair to Michael for the most part are Ebony and Jet. With the exception of the snub for the top 25 most influential black artists of the 80s. Michael was excluded from that list. Everyone right now is making money off of Michael, including his family, good or bad. It's sad that a man who gave so much to the world is still being dragged through the mud after his death. I wish his family would speak up more about this and not focus on his shortcomings.

Re: The Media Treated Michael Unfairly? I'm Shocked! NOT!

It should be no surprise to anyone that Rolling Stone or any other magazine has been cruel to Michael Jackson. After all, they are one of a few that did a scathing interview with LMP, to which she also was very unkind to Michael. The only Magazines that have been fair to Michael for the most part are Ebony and Jet. With the exception of the snub for the top 25 most influential black artists of the 80s. Michael was excluded from that list. Everyone right now is making money off of Michael, including his family, good or bad. It's sad that a man who gave so much to the world is still being dragged through the mud after his death. I wish his family would speak up more about this and not focus on his shortcomings.

well..that's one hell of a snub. i missed that.

To all MJ fans, please do not support Rolling Stone's latest attempt at milking the Michael Jackson name. For the past few years, they haven't been kind to MJ, so I don't think they should be profiting from his passing.

Here, here! That's been my take on it. Even when all the magazines and rags put out issues on him after his death, I refused to buy them. Why should they get my money when all they did was sling MJ's name through the mud? (I will say that Ebony defended MJ better than any other mag out there). Hell, even after he died some magazine's were still throwing in snide remarks into their so called "tributes".

I'm glad I saved my money, because I was able to afford the Opus instead. It's going to be a beautiful book.

Just another example of the industries exploitation of the artist, as Michael Jackson often spoke about in his speeches to educate the public of the exploitation.

every time i read rubbish like this i become furious, as fans we've heard it all, and you would think we would be used to it. But personally i am never used to it, every new cheap comment renews anger inside me, i just feel so so so sorry for michael. I think he is one of the worst cases in global history of bullying and basically persecution. People were so jealous of him it was scary, he had so much to give.................

I hadn't been aware of this book but I'll pass, though I certainly won't judge anyone who wants it. For me personally though, RS through the years loves everything up until Thriller, and the rest they say is pretty much crap, even the Victory tour and Bad. The solicitation even pretty much says that, noting that 'the last great album' was Bad, which I was surprised to read that they even classified Bad as great. In 1988, they named it as the "Worst Album of the Year," and their 1987 preview cover story of Michael/Bad was pretty dismissive and portrayed Michael as a cartoon character in Fantasy-land. So going back over 20 yrs, they've pretty much disregarded Michael's career.

I bought the Tribute Issue since I was curious what a "music magazine's" final thoughts would be, but it was pretty much more of the same, praise for everything up until Thriller (it called Bad "Thriller on steroids"), and then dismissed everything else. Based on the solicitation, I hypothesize the book will just expand on the tribute, except maybe write something decent about Bad. No thanks, I'll pass.

I did like the photoshoot they did with him when Mike was a kid early 70's. :) But that mag is a music snob magazine full of people with biases.

Especially in the early days, Rolling Stone never really supported coloured singers.

However, if the book is limited edition, it might be a good ides of getting one just to sell it on when it goes out of print!

Especially in the early days, Rolling Stone never really supported coloured singers.

However, if the book is limited edition, it might be a good ides of getting one just to sell it on when it goes out of print!

Unless it has some never seen before pics, Maybe it would be worth buying. But I can consider that for selling, if it is limited edition.

So true. More like mjhater1988. Who's side is he on?

We should not question a person's character just we disagree with them. He has a right to his opinions, just like you do. Unless you know the person yourself, you should suggest they work for someone.

Back