Please do not support Rolling Stone's money making scheme

Rolling Stone magazine will not be getting one red cent of my money!

They seem to think people have no memory of their history ridiculing Michael.

When Michael Jackson died suddenly on June 25th, the stunned and saddened Rolling Stone team snapped to action and devoted a commemorative issue to the King of Pop. Now the magazine’s editors are proud to present an even bigger version of that special edition of RS: Michael, a book devoted to Jackson’s life and career that features more than 100 rare photographs from his Jackson 5 days through his troubled later years. RS contributor Jon Dolan writes about Bad, Jackson’s last truly great album, and Alan Light examines the making of Thriller, the biggest album of all time. Rob Sheffield contributes a guide to Jackson’s videos and the 25 moments that defined his career. Michael also includes tributes from Slash, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones and others who worked with and admired Jackson.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...tones-ultimate-jackson-book-is-in-stores-now/

Uh, WTF?
Really, Rolling Stone? Really?

Not buying this.
They were terrible to him.

To me Michael did more than just Bad after Thriller, i mean what was that about... his truly last great album, what about Dangerous and HIStory and Blood On The Dancefloor, and Invincible...

To all MJ fans, please do not support Rolling Stone's latest attempt at milking the Michael Jackson name. For the past few years, they haven't been kind to MJ, so I don't think they should be profiting from his passing.

I hope the book get the same fate as that fake rabbi's.

“Michael”: Rolling Stone’s Ultimate Jackson Book Is in Stores Now

When Michael Jackson died suddenly on June 25th, the stunned and saddened Rolling Stone team snapped to action and devoted a commemorative issue to the King of Pop. Now the magazine’s editors are proud to present an even bigger version of that special edition of RS: Michael, a book devoted to Jackson’s life and career that features more than 100 rare photographs from his Jackson 5 days through his troubled later years. RS contributor Jon Dolan writes about Bad, Jackson’s last truly great album, and Alan Light examines the making of Thriller, the biggest album of all time. Rob Sheffield contributes a guide to Jackson’s videos and the 25 moments that defined his career. Michael also includes tributes from Slash, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones and others who worked with and admired Jackson.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...tones-ultimate-jackson-book-is-in-stores-now/

I will buy what I choose, thank you.

i didn't even click on the site. Rolling Stone is dispicable. while at the trial, they said bad things even about MJ fans, in their issue article devoted to it.

they basically considered him a tranny version of Britney spears , that's how untalented and creepy MJ was considered by RS editors . they downplayed all his achievements . they've never missed an opportunity to belittle him .

That's terrible. I don't read Rolling Stones and I am glad I don't.

I didn't like how in the article about the book they said Bad was "truly his last great album".

It's quite hilarious they've made that claim considering...

1. Dangerous sold 32 million albums, Bad 30 million
2. HIStory sold 40 million total units, Bad 30 million
3. BODTF and Invincible have sold 11 and 13 million - these sales figures are better than 95% of the industry. Not to mention Invincible in particular suffered due to Sony's lack of promotion and cancellation of short films..

If we're going by figures only RS is very very flawed. How dare they make such a ridiculous statement. I suppose they claim it was his last great album because after that he turned 'weird' and 'became a woman'. What a joke. I was going to pick up a Rolling Stone tribute issue to Michale the other day (not this book) and now I'm glad I didn't. I don't know if anyone else saw the magazine I'm referring to but the last chapter pretty much claims Michael as w@cko and his downfall and all this.

It's quite hilarious they've made that claim considering...

1. Dangerous sold 32 million albums, Bad 30 million
2. HIStory sold 40 million total units, Bad 30 million
3. BODTF and Invincible have sold 11 and 13 million - these sales figures are better than 95% of the industry. Not to mention Invincible in particular suffered due to Sony's lack of promotion and cancellation of short films..

If we're going by figures only RS is very very flawed. How dare they make such a ridiculous statement. I suppose they claim it was his last great album because after that he turned 'weird' and 'became a woman'. What a joke. I was going to pick up a Rolling Stone tribute issue to Michale the other day (not this book) and now I'm glad I didn't. I don't know if anyone else saw the magazine I'm referring to but the last chapter pretty much claims Michael as w@cko and his downfall and all this.

HIStory actually sold 20 million. The reason why some sites have 40 million is because it was a double disc and they counted it twice. But, the actually unit sold is 20 million.

Also, Off the Wall for reference sold 20 million to date.

No way I'd get this book.

Also folks remember to tell people who may buy you holiday gifts that you don't want it... or any other books talking MJ down. We need a complete list of bad books, really.

Exactly.

Let's make a wish list and a "no way in hell I want this" list.

HIStory actually sold 20 million. The reason why some sites have 40 million is because it was a double disc and they counted it twice. But, the actually unit sold is 20 million.

there may be unreported sales...

but i expect a dispute on that...

but Michael is known in every little corner of the globe.

That's why I said 40 million units not albums ;) We're on the same page there.

To all MJ fans, please do not support Rolling Stone's latest attempt at milking the Michael Jackson name. For the past few years, they haven't been kind to MJ, so I don't think they should be profiting from his passing.

I hope the book get the same fate as that fake rabbi's.

“Michael”: Rolling Stone’s Ultimate Jackson Book Is in Stores Now

Excuse me???

Well that left a bad taste in my mouth and i know for sure that's going to be tabloid trash, based on lies rather than fact, wich most journalist nowadays forget to mention.

I am not going to buy it, that's for sure. I buy only books that authorized by Michael, like the Opus, A Visual Documentary by Adrian Grant..all the others will not see money from me

Me too l didnt buy the book and just wrote an email to the editors. My sister is just shaking her head. The buck stops here this time.)

you guys do remember that they put MJ at number THIRTY FREAKING 5 ON THE BEST 50 MUSICAL ACTS EVER RIGHT? 35? 3 freaking 5? are you kidding me? madonna was higher, prince was higher, beatles were of course #1 but c'mon that's just unfair.

Can you elaborate how they were unkind to Michael? I don't normally read the Rolling Stone but I did enjoy their issue featuring Michael when he passed. What did they do?

I don't buy such kind of dirt, but I've read a bit in it (my library) & it was full of BS and allegations.
As a fan you'd do best to not buy anything that is the only way tp support MJ. And this magazine sure isn't worth a thread

wow gee when u put it like that, no one canbuy anything cuz in reality, zumiez, khol's jc penny's and walmart never had mike merch. hot topic did so they get a pass.

no magazine was nice to him

wow gee when u put it like that, no one canbuy anything cuz in reality, zumiez, khol's jc penny's and walmart never had mike merch. hot topic did so they get a pass.

no magazine was nice to him

yeah but I don't think any magazine would go as far as belittle his work critically. At least not as much as rolling stone.

35 man... 35? that is unacceptable.

yeah but I don't think any magazine would go as far as belittle his work critically. At least not as much as rolling stone.

35 man... 35? that is unacceptable.
I agree. That's ridiculous.

To be fair, by the end of MJ's performing career he did mime almost everything. So what was the real difference between him and Britney at that stage?

What people should remember is that Rolling Stone were very fair to MJ through the trial.

One of my favourite quotes about the trial is from Rolling Stone:

“The prosecution’s case therefore boils down to this : In a panic over negative publicity, Jackson conspires to kidnap a boy and force him to deny acts of molestation that in fact never happened, and then he gets over his panic just long enough to actually molest the child at the very moment when the whole world is watching.”

To be fair, by the end of MJ's performing career he did mime almost everything. So what was the real difference between him and Britney at that stage?

What people should remember is that Rolling Stone were very fair to MJ through the trial.

I have nothing against Britney and do think she is a good performer, but lets get real. Even if Michael did mime more, he still could dance circles around Britney even on his bad days. Not to mention his stage presentation is still not match even today. And keep in mind, Britney is still in her prime. Michael's last tour was when he was 39 years old with breathing problems.

Also, it is not like he couldn't sing live, which TII proves. I personally never seen Britney sing live, so there is a huge different. But, this is all my opinion.

you are kidding right? Did you read their other reports? Or did you only read this item?

in any case, enjoy your copy!!

They still ain't getting a dime of my money. Like I wrote to their editors, I will buy 100 copies of the opus @ 300$ a pop, before I buy that crap from them.

The opus is propaganda, though. It's produced in conjunction with the estate so it's not really reliable.

The opus is propaganda, though. It's produced in conjunction with the estate so it's not really reliable.

Michael was overseeing the Opus himself before he died. It was stated on several interviews after his death. So, it is not just the estate producing it.

WTF are you talking about? The Opus was authorized by Michael himself..so there can't be a better book than the Opus

WTF are you talking about? The Opus was authorized by Michael himself..so there can't be a better book than the Opus

That's not a very sensible way of looking at it.

Surely you can see that any book authorised by MJ's estate and made with MJ's blessing would be very heavily biased in MJ's favour?

Back