All TMZ stories: Jackson family pursuit of Justice (wrongful death lawsuit)/see pg6 for documents

I'll guess himself but he also has a request for the estate to pay for his wrongful death lawsuit.

Can please someone tell me who is paying Joes legal fees?
oxman probably does it for free and makes his money by selling info to the tabloids like the news of the world that have a history of getting exclusives. what other reason what joe keep him on when hes as useless as sneddon

Re: Katherine Jackson sues AEG

Then it was AEG that hired Dr. Murray. It's possible then they paid his insurance. Wasn't it said that Dr. Murray got his insurance a month before he became Jackson's doctor? Obviously, Murray paid the insurance himself (AEG does not appear as paying the insurance), but the money may have been given by AEG. Murray was broke. He didn't even have money to pay child support. Where did he find money to pay for an insurance?

I don't think this suit will be successful. Whatever f@@@ up Murray did was his responsibility. If a doctor does not have a proper equipment he cannot practice medicine. And besides, if that was the deal, Murray couldn't just go ahead and inject Jackson with Propofol, knowing he couldn't monitor his heart.

Sep 15, 10:27 PM EDT

Jackson's mother sues concert promoter AEG Live

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY
AP Entertainment Writer

Jackson's Mother Sues Concert Promoter AEG Live

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michael Jackson's mother sued a concert promoter Wednesday, alleging the company failed to provide life-saving equipment and oversee a doctor who was hired to look out for the pop star's well-being as he prepared for what were intended to be his comeback concerts.

Katherine Jackson's lawsuit was filed against AEG Live in Los Angeles County Superior Court. The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.

The suit contends AEG and its agents told Michael Jackson the company would provide the equipment and hire Dr. Conrad Murray to care for him so he could perform at the concerts in London.

"AEG's representations to Jackson were false because in reality AEG was merely doing whatever it took to make sure that Michael Jackson could make it to rehearsals and shows and AEG did not provide a doctor who was truly looking out for Jackson's well-being and did not provide equipment," the lawsuit stated.

AEG spokesman Michael Roth said the company has not seen the lawsuit and had no immediate comment.

AEG Live President and CEO Randy Phillips said after Jackson's June 2009 death that Murray was enlisted to act as Jackson's personal physician and was to be paid $150,000 a month by AEG Live as the singer prepared for the concerts.

Jackson, however, died before signing the agreement. As a result, Phillips said it was not binding.

The suit also said AEG Live was responsible for the actions of Murray in the care of Jackson. Murray, however, was not named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

"At the time of his death, Michael Jackson was under the immediate care of a doctor selected by, hired by, and controlled by AEG; indeed AEG demanded and required that Michael Jackson be treated by this particular doctor to ensure that Michael Jackson would attend all rehearsals and shows on the tour," the complaint stated.

Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death at age 50. Police said Murray gave Jackson an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

Katherine Jackson, who is the guardian of the singer's three children, also sued on their behalf. Her lawsuit claimed Jackson's eldest son, Prince, suffered great trauma and severe emotional distress because he witnessed his father's final moments.

The lawsuit alleged that Jackson's agreement with AEG put him under immense pressure to complete the London concerts. The suit claims AEG would have taken over Jackson's share in a lucrative music catalog that includes songs by The Beatles, Aretha Franklin, Jackson and the Jackson 5, which was one of the singer's best assets after years of accumulating debt.

The comeback concerts in London sold out in anticipation of Jackson's return as the King of Pop.

Despite years of self-imposed exile, he retained a huge, loyal following of fans overjoyed at the prospect of seeing him reclaim the glory he'd attained with albums like "Thriller" and songs like "Beat It!" and "Billie Jean."

The singer's father, Joe Jackson, has sued Murray for wrongful death in federal court. Murray's attorneys filed a motion Wednesday seeking a dismissal of that case, which alleges the cardiologist acted negligently and lied to emergency-room physicians trying to resuscitate the singer.

A hearing on the dismissal motion is scheduled for Oct. 18

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...SUIT?SITE=ORBAK&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

We all know charges against Murray are ridiculous, so no justice will ever come with the criminal trial.

On August 23, CNN said that one of the reasons for postponing the preliminary hearing till January was that DA needed some time to guarantee the presence of all the witnesses, but also that the investigation was still going on.
If the latter is true, I understand that there might be some probabilities that the charges could be raised. Could that happen or is it very unlikely now??

Last edited:

On August 23, CNN said that one of the reasons for postponing the preliminary hearing till January was that DA needed some time to guarantee the presence of all the witnesses, but also that the investigation was still going on.
If the latter is true, I understand that there might be some probabilities that the charges could be raised. Could that happen or is it very unlikely now??

I honestly don't believe that anything is ongoing. I was really hoping that his charges would be increased but I don't see that happening.

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray's Attorney Reacts to Wrongful Death Suit Filed by Joe Jackson

This line always makes me cringe.

me too.. it always makes me cringe. The fact that he thought administering anesthesia as a sleep aid to MJ is wrong enough and if he thinks that was fine to do he does not need to be practicing medicine.

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray's Attorney Reacts to Wrongful Death Suit Filed by Joe Jackson

Dr. Murray neither prescribed or administered anything that should have killed Michael Jackson
but it did and that just shows that u were even more negligent

but it did and that just shows that u were even more negligent

exactly... it shows he had no idea what he was doing and that he obviously didn't take propofol seriously.

Conrad Murray to Joe Jackson: You're Outta Here!

1/19/2011 8:03 AM PST by TMZ Staff

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer has filed a motion to dismiss Joe Jackson's wrongful death lawsuit against him ... TMZ has learned.

0119-conrad-joe-ex-tmz-01.jpg

Murray's lawyer, Charles Peckham, claims Joe's attorney missed the statute of limitations and therefore the case -- centering on the death of Michael Jackson -- should be thrown out.

Peckham claims Joe's lawyer, Brian Oxman, filed the lawsuit 158 days after the 1-year deadline.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/19/conra...wsuit-statute-of-limitations/#comments-anchor

Didn't Oxman filed the case in a federal court and the judge told him that they don't have jurisdiction and to file it with the state court which Oxman did. apparently in the process he missed the deadline.

Don't know if this was posted before...

http://home.mjnewsalerts.com/2011/01/19/michael-jackson-fan-i-support-dr-murray

Not EVERY Michael Jackson fan HATES Dr. Conrad Murray, one of the guys who danced in the music video for “Hold My Hand” met up with Conrad this past weekend and insists, “He’s a nice guy.”

0118-kid-conrad-murray-photo-ex-tmz.jpg

TMZ reports, Terry Henderson — ran into Murray at 3rd Street Promenade shopping center in Santa Monica on Sunday … and immediately struck up a conversation. Henderson says he fully supports Murray through his “tough legal battle.”

0118-hold-my-hand-video.jpg

Missed the dateline? Could have been because Oxman license was suspended at the time, and they waited till Mr. Oxman got his license back.

http://www.musiclicensing.net/Mesereau.htm :
http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/member_detail.aspx?x=72172

His licence was not suspended, he was put on probation. From your second link:
"1/21/2010 Discipline, probation; no actual susp." = no actual suspension.

On an unrelated note, the thing that puzzles me about the one year deadline is this: at the time this lawsuit was filed and even before that, many people on this board who seemed to be well-informed about legal issues were saying that Joe should wait with the wrongful death lawsuit until Murray's trial is over or else they will jeopardize the criminal trial, and that's how it's always done, etc, etc.
NOW it turns out that the criminal trial hasn't even started yet, and it is already too late to file a wrongful death lawsuit??? Why was this never mentioned before the deadline had actually passed?

MsCassieMollie;3203341 said:
Don't know if this was posted before...

http://home.mjnewsalerts.com/2011/01/19/michael-jackson-fan-i-support-dr-murray

Not EVERY Michael Jackson fan HATES Dr. Conrad Murray, one of the guys who danced in the music video for “Hold My Hand” met up with Conrad this past weekend and insists, “He’s a nice guy.”

0118-kid-conrad-murray-photo-ex-tmz.jpg

TMZ reports, Terry Henderson — ran into Murray at 3rd Street Promenade shopping center in Santa Monica on Sunday … and immediately struck up a conversation. Henderson says he fully supports Murray through his “tough legal battle.”

0118-hold-my-hand-video.jpg

What a coincidence.:no:

if it wasnt so pathetic id laugh. wow they just bumped into each other. the kid is obviouisly desperate fame and will do anything for it. pathetic

'I sit beside Michael Jackson's doctor who killed him, how cool is that?' *a.ka. the 'ok' sign he shows......

... Ignoring that poor desperate fellow, but how smuggish does Murray look?... he looks like saying 'I've got fans, ya'll, eat/beat that, I'm slicker than slick!..."

0_0... ...

princessleia;3211290 said:
His licence was not suspended, he was put on probation. From your second link:
"1/21/2010  Discipline, probation; no actual susp." = no actual suspension.

On an unrelated note, the thing that puzzles me about the one year deadline is this: at the time this lawsuit was filed and even before that, many people on this board who seemed to be well-informed about legal issues were saying that Joe should wait with the wrongful death lawsuit until Murray's trial is over or else they will jeopardize the criminal trial, and that's how it's always done, etc, etc.
NOW it turns out that the criminal trial hasn't even started yet, and it is already too late to file a wrongful death lawsuit??? Why was this never mentioned before the deadline had actually passed?

The one year dead line has been discussed in the conspiracy section, I am pretty sure. It has been a while though.

Back