Michael: The REAL Story Behind The Album

qbee;3109826 said:
released in a thoughtful, dignified way that would honor Michael’s legacy.

Hands down, funniest thing I've read all week....

Thanks.

Nice read.

I believe it's MJ on all tracks. No doubt.

Even All I Need??

Actually this is the song I doubt. - But since it's not on the album I didn't mention it.

But some part of AIN is MJ I think.

BUT - a few seconds before the singing starts - the melody goes into YANA - that is very weird. I do not know MJ or anything - BUT I doubt he would like to use the melody from YANA in a different song, and only for like 5 seconds. - Weird.

Actually this is the song I doubt. - But since it's not on the album I didn't mention it.

But some part of AIN is MJ I think.

BUT - a few seconds before the singing starts - the melody goes into YANA - that is very weird. I do not know MJ or anything - BUT I doubt he would like to use the melody from YANA in a different song, and only for like 5 seconds. - Weird.

According to an article I read (Rolling Stone I think) that whole bit was done by Burt Bacharach, so MJ would've had nothing to do with that.

I wanted to believe in the Cascio songs, but AIN is shady as hell, and casts serious doubt (in my mind) over the others. The way I see it, they're either all real or all fake. There's no middle ground. It's either Michael's vocals or it's not. I don't get how some fans can say "I think this ones Mike, but not this one..."

According to an article I read (Rolling Stone I think) that whole bit was done by Burt Bacharach, so MJ would've had nothing to do with that.

I wanted to believe in the Cascio songs, but AIN is shady as hell, and casts serious doubt (in my mind) over the others. The way I see it, they're either all real or all fake. There's no middle ground. It's either Michael's vocals or it's not. I don't get how some fans can say "I think this ones Mike, but not this one..."

In KYHU I hear MJ only. - I love the song. A real MJ feel good - Keep your head uom everything is gonna be ok kind of song.

BN - the beat and the lyrics are something MJ could have done. Plus I hear MJ in the song - so I think it is him.

I have only a "demo snippet" from Monster, so I can't say for sure about that one, but it does sound like MJ, the beat is groovy, the song seems to be great.

AIN - I don't know what to think. :no: - I like the song, it's a slow ballad, maybe a little monotone but OK. BUT - the vocals... - It sure does sound like MJ at points IMO. But the feeling I get when I hear KYHU and MTS isn't there. I am not saying it can't be MJ on AIN, but this is the only song I am in doubt TBH.

In KYHU I hear MJ only. - I love the song. A real MJ feel good - Keep your head uom everything is gonna be ok kind of song.

BN - the beat and the lyrics are something MJ could have done. Plus I hear MJ in the song - so I think it is him.

I have only a "demo snippet" from Monster, so I can't say for sure about that one, but it does sound like MJ, the beat is groovy, the song seems to be great.

AIN - I don't know what to think. :no: - I like the song, it's a slow ballad, maybe a little monotone but OK. BUT - the vocals... - It sure does sound like MJ at points IMO. But the feeling I get when I hear KYHU and MTS isn't there. I am not saying it can't be MJ on AIN, but this is the only song I am in doubt TBH.

It sucks either way. I feel as if fans should be able to listen to this album and take for granted that every single note is sung by Michael Jackson. The guessing game has really worn thin, and you just know this is going to be argued and debated now for years to come.

I actually really like BN and Monster, but my opinion is, if they had even 5% of doubt about the authenticity of the vocal then they should've left it off the album.

It sucks either way. I feel as if fans should be able to listen to this album and take for granted that every single note is sung by Michael Jackson. The guessing game has really worn thin, and you just know this is going to be argued and debated now for years to come.

I actually really like BN and Monster, but my opinion is, if they had even 5% of doubt about the authenticity of the vocal then they should've left it off the album.

I actually really agree to this.

Any doubt is bad. Not only for fans.

IF BN had never been released I really don't think anyone would have questioned the vocals on KYHU and maybe even Monster.

But I enjoy both BN and KYHU - and also Monster actually. - And I believe it's MJ in all the songs.

BUT - The fact that people (and mostly us fans) are put in a situation where we can actually doubt or discuss wheter it is MJ or not is horrible. It should never happen.

Monster is great though. I really hope that one is MJ. That's the one that sounds the most like him to me.

Monster is a real party starter. A great great song.

I can't help it but to wanna dance each time I hear the song.

^^^

Only IF we are being lied to...

Very informative and uplifting article. Sets the record straight. Thanks for posting. :)

Well this might explain it-

"vocals through a PVC pipe" lol :hysterical:

Wonder if they were smokin something while recording??? :rofl:

What does vocals through a PVC pipe mean?

What is a PVC pipe?

pvc is like really hard plastic. lol I wouldn't actually smoke from it though-or you would be inhaling harsh fumes.

It is just funny that MJ would think of using that to sing through. That might really make him sound different.

It is just funny that MJ would think of using that to sing through. That might really make him sound different.

It doesn't surprise me at all that he would do something like that. We all know that he was always in search of new sounds and every musician who worked with him said that Michael made them go and find all kinds of sounds.

Actually I find that MJ sang through a PVC pipe quit believable as everyone
who has worked with him said he was always experimenting with creating
new sounds and using very odd items to do that.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Michael were to record using random things for an effect.
Wasn't Beat It (Or some other song, someone refresh my memory I don't remember anything anymore! :lol:) that was recorded in a bathroom... or a shower stall? :lol:

Anyway, thanks for posting.

Well I believe he would do something like that- I just have this funny picture in my head of him singing through that. Its so cool. made me crack up. He was such a free spirit. I loved how he would climb trees and stuff.

That was the best try at an explanation Teddy has given thus far on the questionable vocals, better then cursing the fans out like he has on twitter! But, at the end it's only his belief as he stated before and I don't agree with it, sorry!

Plus, Quincy Jones never said he thought it was MJ, only that "It could be?!" So I can't stand that the article still mentions him (without naming him of course) as someone prominent in MJs career that agreed that those vocals were MJs! When he never said that! lol

Also, MJ using a PVC pipe wouldn't surprise me! But, to believe that it could be the reason for the difference in the voice, I would have to believe that he did the same for part of BN too? Since it sounds like the same vocals on both questionable tracks! SMH lol

Back